What does Microsoft need to do to pull ahead of Nintendo and Sony?

What does Microsoft need to do to pull ahead of Nintendo and Sony?

More Minecraft

Use all the scrap money theyre getting from this windows10-xbone crossplatforming bullshit and actually have some exclusives in the next gen.

I really wanna see another version of the xbox controller and I need them to live until that moment

They should really replace Minecraft with a different game if they're wanting to show off games

They can't, so they might as well do everyone a favour and pull out before they create another failed abortion.

I have an Xbone and I like it, but the exclusives are coming up short. And before people get their knickers in a twist, I'm talking about console exclusives as the normie population, and I don't care about PC gaming.

They need to kill Halo (won't happen), and Gears 5 should still be the solid shooter it's always been, but go back to more horror elements. Forza and F. Horizon are about all Microsoft has going for them right now.

They need to make Sakaguchi, what Kojima is now to Sony. Give him the money to make new Lost Odyssey game (only on xbox and windows), and new Blue Dragon game. Eventually a new IP.

Revive Acclaim or pay 2k sports team to make xbox/microsoft exclusive MLB game.

These are just things I would like to see, and probably won't help.

speaking as a non console owning person: because they are pure cancer, and that might work only if you have a monopoly like they had for desktop pcs

Why is this a competition, if they want to do well then price Scorpio at a good price, bring back old ips, make new ips, get third party exclusives from western and eastern devs, show how much third party games look better on their system, announce that Halo 6 will focus on Master Chief and that the Beta will come in Crackdown 3. The campaign will take heavy inspiration from Halo CE and 3's level and mission designs.

>get third party exclusives from eastern devs

good joke user

this.

Also, if they somehow managed to get a NCAAB and NCAAF game to be exclusive to Xbox, then every nig, and sports fan in the US will buy an Xbox even if they already have a ps4. Don't know how much it would help them abroad though.

Phil went to Japan, so this will likely happen.

How about worthwhile exclusives and not being so shitty to devs making exclusives for them?

Going all in on the Kinect and the PR shitstorm around the Xbone's reveal is what killed Microsoft.

>shitty to devs making exclusives for them
source? I'm sure it happens, but haven't looked into it, and would like to hear stories about it.

They can't. Nintendo has all the exclusives to make people buy Switches and even fucking Wii U's for Zelda. Sony has by far the best all around game library outside of PC and even has some great exclusives of its own. Microsoft is just going to have to settle for last place

What good is that going to do when it's known Microsoft executives love meddling with development? It's why every exclusive on the Xbone is mediocre to God awful.

>Xbone
There's your problem

Xbox One S is my favorite console if judged on just the console, it's controllers, how digital purchases are handled, etc.

The no exclusives thing and that disastrous start really kill it.

Horizon 3 is so damn good.

I wasn't really a big fan of the first 2 but they really knocked it out of the park this time.

Horizon 4 in Japan plz.

how about not having had such a shitty start and having exclusives?
also throw all of micro$'s management out, they are literallly all terrible as fuck at their jobs, god damn they are gonna run that company into the ground at the rate they are going.

>implying that the switch will even sell as many units as the xbone

Sell the video game division to Sega

They're already ahead of Nintendo, so nothing.
Sony always sells more than Microsoft, so nothing.

How the hell are they ahead of Nintendo?

>how about not having had such a shitty start
can't change the past
>also throw all of micro$'s management out, they are literally all terrible as fuck at their jobs
but Phil and Larry are based as fuck compared to those working at Sony or Nintendo.

They just need to stay the course. Nintendo and Sony have highs and lows. Microsoft needs to build the reputation of a open and stable service, with affordable, but competitive hardware. In time, they'll be the "safe bet" and cement their position in the gaming community.

Sega can barely afford to stay afloat as simply a game publisher.

Release Scorpio

Well, they did at one time with the 360.We just need to convince them.