Be iwata

>be iwata
>take yamaguchi's idea that Nintendo should innovate and release the Wii and DS to ridiculous success
>okay now its time to fly on your own
>release the Wii U and 3DS
>horrible successors to previous units with shitty gimmicks
>instead of, you know, good games, they take a massive sweaty shit on consumers for their launches with nothing
>"NEW" SUPER MARIO BROS!
>Paper Mario becomes a series of increasingly upsettingly shitty slaps in the face to the audience
>Zelda becomes gimmicky wagglan game, and gimmicky tapping game. Remasters everywhere
>metroid killed by releasing Other M and then shitting all over fans with federation force
>doubling down on Pikmin games nobody buys
>REFUSING TO ADVERTISE HIGH QUALITY GAMES LIKE THE WONDERFUL 101
>abandon E3 while everyone else doubles down on flashy and valuable shows as E3's media attention grows

Am I the only one who is happy Iwata died?

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/kutaragiyamauchiiwata.png/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nah, I was pretty stoked, mostly because I got a laugh of all the white guys in their thirties making videos of them crying over it.

2ch agrees

Will this be the BBC of nintendo E3's?

You can shit on nintendo all you want, but you're simply wrong to shit on iwata. At worst, you could argue he wasn't comfortable in his position, but there's plenty evidence out there that he was passionate and hard-working.

Eat a dick Nintenpedo, go cry more crocodile tears over your dead CEO in your safe space. Nobody cares.

Nintendo has had no respect to be earned since Mario Golf: World Tour's DLC.

Much less the CEO of said company.

boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/kutaragiyamauchiiwata.png/

I just wish nintendo would stop making such horribel fucking consoles. How is it acceptable that the switch runs better when its not fucking docked. And people are purchasing this fucking bullshit.

You choose with your money, idiots. Lets force nintendo to be a third party fucking developer already.

> How is it acceptable that the switch runs better when its not fucking docked
Because it's a higher resolution?

i hoped things would get better
everything is the same

>mfw they make a handheld/console gaming platform and announce a big E3 but don't officially localize Mother 3

I liked phantom hourglass tough

Edgy
Iwata didn't personally do that tbqh

So. Are they actually gonna do a stage show or is it going to another direct.

they rented a big fucking stage so i dunno

its only a matter of time after the switch is another flop

>Nintendo has had no respect to be earned since Mario Golf: World Tour's DLC.

Even though excluding the DLC the base game has more content than any previous Mario Golf and it was $5 less than standard 3DS games?

People fault that game for simply having DLC but it's legitimately a game that has great value for both the base and DLC content.

That image is hilarious. Sure, BotW has framerate issues on the Switch but fucking RDR2 will run fine on it, right?

It's never going to happen, it's a Nintendo machine for Nintendo games and some indies. They still can't make enough fucking Amiibos to ship, they're doing just fine.

Why so many shitpost threads about Nintendo? Bored?

It was $10 less than the standard 3DS game, but that dlc was indeed priced well.
>pay 50% more
>get about 85% more content

I laugh each time I see that pic

Savage japs.

A big E3 for whom?

Then make a fucking handheld. Having this disgusting frankenstein and calling it a console is retarded. If you cant enjoy something at 30fps and 1080p its not a fucking modern console, is it?

Opening e3 to the public was the right move on e3's part, I'm pretty sure that's a big part of the reason Nintendo is planing a "Big E3" this year while they seemed to be moving away from it before.

Being a child is buying nintendo consoles, growing up is owning a ps4. Imagine a world where we can play Mario Kart and Zelda along with sony's amazing shit on one console. Glorious.

DS is the best handheld ever
Wii U is better than 64, GC and Wii

So, no.

*who

If it didnt have that stupid fucking gamepad it probably would of been just as successful as the Wii.

>Am I the only one who is happy Iwata died?
No, the Yakuza stakeholders who ordered his death are also pleased with the direction Kimishima has been taking things.

The problem was the marketing not the fact that it had a gamepad.
However, maybe if the gamepad had a shape closer to a "traditional" controller and a smaller screen it could've done better.

Why do nips always have the best bants?

>wanting Mother 3 to be murdered by NoA and their censorship and meme localizations

The problem is that the largest game-playing demographic merely wants a box that plays netflix and FIFA/Madden, which the XBO and PS4 are both better at.

>mass effect andromeda

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

What Sony shit? Shooters?

Nintendo is died. They are shitting on his legacy.

This desu

>FFXV
>Battlefield 1
>Mass Effect Andromeda
>Injustice 2

Its going to be pic related and you know it

You already posted this earlier today.
Your meme is stale.

It will never get stale because being a nintenbro is eternal suffering

How many times has Reggie promise something big and we ended up with shit?

Why do we still worship this False God?

>be iwata
>die

REmake 2 Switch exclusive.

I've given up on Nintendo ages ago. It's clear they chose their path. Every company has abandoned the core gamer as their audience. It's all about money and skinner boxes these days for them all. Too much money to be made and too many idiots continuing hitting the Pay Now button while allowing companies to save their credit card information to make it easier. It's all one big mess.

No, it's stale. If you weren't a redditor you'd see that.

How is your first statement related to the other ones?

Wonderful 101 would have flopped even with marketing
Game looks fucking stupid

It's all related.

Nintendo is so fucked. Iwata didn't help either. If the guy would have made a real console, with real games, not these fucking childrens gimmicks or wishy washy knock offs I would still be on board. As it stands, they are average in every department. A fucking tablet so under powered no company wants to program for. A Zelda that, runs on a tablet. The lost potential is undeniable there.

I hope the whole company goes under so that maybe from the ashes a new vision can arrise. You cannot compete with the mobile market, you cannot compete with the home console market. You innovation is nowhere to be seen. A tablet with a docking bay. Nothing to see here. Can even surf the web on the thing. Can on every other console.

Best thing about Nintendo now is the treehouse shit. I enjoyed riding the hype train much more than the train wreck, desu.

Im not a redditor, unlike the idiot who made that image that clearly is

>It's Sup Forums culture!
Believe me, I love off-topic threads since they tend to be fantastic but you should always expect them to be 404'd

>A tablet with a docking bay. Nothing to see here. Can even surf the web on the thing. Can on every other console.
I don't even own one but do your research family, through some setting changes you can.

do you think if we got a Gamecube 2 the xbox brand would have gotten the traction it did?

I hope it's not another tournament.

>be Iwata
>everyone in your company wants to make terrible games
>after the disaster that was Other M, dedicate your life to preventing this from happening
>Kimishima and Reggie keep trying to greenlight Pokemon Go and Federation Force without you noticing
>you keep a watchful eye on those fuckers
>hire Platinum to make great new titles for your upcoming system
>strike deals with as many third parties as possible to get multiplats
>before the Wii U can come out, Kimishima cancels as many of your planned advertisements as possible and sends death threats to EA and Ubisoft
>the Wii U flops
>try to release quality titles while still preventing the saboteurs within your own company from pumping out low quality titles like Amiibo Festival, #FE and Color Splash
>Miyamoto and Aonuma try to help by developing a great new Zelda exclusively for the Wii U
>MK8, Smash 4 and Splatoon are looking to be the big new titles the Wii U needs to be a success
>Kimishima invites you over for dinner for the first time ever
>see nothing wrong with it and go along with it
>after a delicious dinner, you find yourself deathly ill
>Kimishima invited you so he could infect you with a deadly, incurable disease
>begins taking control over the company while you're on your death bed
>during your last few months, you're forced to watch as Kimishima destroys everything you worked for over the course of a single year
>vomit blood as Federation Force gets announced to the public

These are becoming more and more unsettling. Borderline peepee poopoo pepe

>I'm not le redditor! Now look at le funny crying man. Isn't he le funny? I've posted him 5 times today and I can't stop laughing! XD

The Wii was a long term fuck up, it tarnished the Nintendo brand value and had YEARS less longevity compared to the PS3 and 360, if the Wii didn't limit software potential so much the Wii U wouldn't have had to have been rushed out the door and might have been something more than a shot in the dark.

They "innovated" themselves into this position where they've now had to launch two systems mid-generation.

The Switch could get things on track again at least, it's more powerful than any handheld needs to be, it has all the right buttons that no handheld ever had and it's got great potential for multiplayer. The potential for longevity could only be second to the Game Boy.

First half of argument: sure.
Second half: are you absolutely daft
>no Metroid
>no Zelda for years (not counting remasters)
>garbage Paper Mario game
>3D Mario is a huge step back
>Star Fox is garbage
>no games for months at a time
>Best 2 games are Platinum title that weren't advertised
>weak for nonl reason but overpriced
>Gamepad is a terrible gimmick that jacks up the price, looks cheap, and feels bad

I could go on. Smash, MK8, and tropical dong are great so it's not all bad. But there's not a single game that compares with Nintendo's best on other consoles. Defending the Wii U is the worst opinion on Sup Forums

>wahhh Paper Mario

Opinion discarded

Content that could have been in the game as an unlockable. Certainly the characters.

fuck you the 3ds was goat and improved on the shitty DS design

>All that mismanagement with their old IPs like Star Fox, Paper Mario and Metroid

thankfully all those games did poorly so yeah

that's the most stupidest shit i've ever seen

lmao @ the little ascii pictures they have for each president

>The Xbox will still be around

No it wouldn't have. If they continued to invest in their console, improve yhe quality of the hardware so the quality of game could improve too I think it would have been a real competitor.

When I go to the gym, there is a day care room. Know what console they have for the children to play? A fucking Wii. The first nail of many to seal Nintendo in its coffin. Only thing left is to throw in some dirt, and I'm sure Reggie will sell it as gold.

>metroid killed by releasing Other M and then shitting all over fans with federation force

Can we stop pretending Super Metroid isn't the only good one?

>tfw Fire Emblem fan
Must suck to be you, we're getting a new remake and a Warriors game PLUS a new game on it's own.

>improve yhe quality of the hardware so the quality of game could improve too

It's like you think games didn't used to be better, with a far wider variety.

The 360 and PS3 were developer genocide.

It's so understated how fewer developers there are now, probably because if the consumers were old enough to remember the consoles before, they were too young to have anything other than first party and sports.

Nintendo just put out the greatest game of all time this month.

>calling the 3DS shitty
>implying nsmb wasn't a 2006 DS
Game

The 3DS is a better machine that went back to focusing on traditional gaming and moved away from every game needing a forced touchscreen gimmick like the DS. Almost all of the First party titles on the DS were mediocre and had forced touchscreen controls. It's two original Zelda games, star fox, and metroid games had touchscreen only controls. I actually like these games in spite of this, but it's a huge flaw of that console.

The 3DS had great ports of star fox, Zelda, and DKCR. The original titles are much better than the DS's. Kid Icarus, Luigi's mansion 2, smash 4, Mario kart 7 (best MK and the only MK with first person mode), Zelda ALBW, AC: new leaf, Mario 3D land (which is much better than the nsmb series), new Kirby games (to be fair, canvas curse on DS was great), pilotwings resort was maximum comfy, and that's just the first party stuff (I'm forgetting a lot). Third was more interesting on the DS.

TLDR: 3DS is great and anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong. I my vita too and I think both are great. I also loved the DS and the PSP. I hope the switch also ends up being great.

>the 3DS is better than the DS because I'm too dumb to play games that aren't spoonfed to me via advertisements

I agree with you. I would give up my ps4 to go back to quality games like we had during the snes days. Games that, all though 2d side scrollers, I still go back and replay. Castlevania, Metroid, good Mario, good Star Fox, the list goes on.