This is the Switch version of Lego City Undercover. Notice anything?

This is the Switch version of Lego City Undercover. Notice anything?

Other urls found in this thread:

bestbuy.com/site/lego-city-undercover-nintendo-switch/5749712.p?skuId=5749712
youtube.com/watch?v=Hpp3K17B_1Y
nintendolife.com/news/2017/02/lego_city_undercover_makes_the_jump_to_the_nintendo_switch_on_4th_april
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>it's ok when Nintendo does it

no milk intolerant lego ?

>Internet required
What for? This game is entirely single player.
Why does a physical version need a 13 GB download?

>internet required
>13 gb internal storage
For what purpose?

Good thing I have the Wii u version

>internet required

But it's not on switch though...

...yes it is?

this is bullshit propaganda and Fake News, lego city undercover is not even on Switch

you'd have to be a Democrat whose only news source was CNN to be stupid enough to believe this shit. eat shit lib.

>LEGO City Undercover on Switch is 7.1GB. That may have seemed strange given how the original Wii U version is 19GB. What we’ve learned today may clarify the situation. The initial download could be about 7.1GB, with another 13GB required for extra data – bringing it about 20GB, which is closer to the Wii U edition.

Holy shit this is ridiculous

I don't get it, this is a good thing. It's more content?

What, don't tell me downloading 20 gb is actually a problem for you in 20fucking17.

And I already have a 256 microsd so I see no problem here.

Haha. But in case you're serious. It's also on PS4,Xbox one and pc.

When you look at the left building you see a little Mario billboard.

Just get a SD card and call it a day. Physical media is pointless.

it's not on Switch, retard. I said nothing about PS4/Xbone.

So what did they do with all the Nintendo references?

Chances are they cheaped out on the cartridge size and pretty much forcing the same practice as all PS4 and xbox discs do.

I was gonna pick this up but I'm still fully engrossed in BOTW.

Looks fun though. If I 100% BOTW before Sonic Mania I'll probably pick this up. I have a fuckhuge backlog though.

Get ready to see this ALOT with 3rd party games on Switch.

Thankfully they're won't be that many by next year.

>It's more content?
Its not, its just a port of the Wii U version.
If Nintendo is going to skimp on cartridge sizes then they better gives us more than fucking 32 GB of storage.

Yeah, it is.

No black characters ?

>Its not, its just a port of the Wii U version.

I'm glad I'm not a fucking retard who talks out of his ass like you.

>TellTale need to scrimp on cartridge size

What? Hasn't Lego Dimensions jewed them enough money? Did they at least fix the game's abysmal loading screen for the re-release?

bestbuy.com/site/lego-city-undercover-nintendo-switch/5749712.p?skuId=5749712

PS4 and Xbox use blurays, so storage is not the issue. Installations are required because bluray has such slow read speeds.

Nintendo offer cartridges up to 32 Gb. Its likely the publisher is choosing to use a smaller cartridge and push for content to be downloaded. Saving them a tiny bit of money and forcing players to shoulders the storage headache.

cartridges go up to 64 its the developer who skimped

>Internet required

No fucking reason the entire game couldn't be on the cartridge.

What was the point of moving to cards for games if the publishers are going to pull this shit where they use the cheapest memory option available and then force the consumer to eat up SD cards downloading the rest of the game? They will still charge the same price as well.

Fucking WB trying to cheap out again. The whole point of Nintendo going to cartridges is so people wouldn't need to download shit to a harddrive. Cartridges have a quicker read time than a disk, so there is no reason for WB to force a download unless they didn't want to fill a 32 GB cartiridge

Cheap as shit. They may as well just make it downloadable only.

Wait, WB didn't ask for a bigger cart to fit the game in?

At least it's better then the N64 days, I guess.

The fuck is your problem? Go be a triggered faggot somewhere else.

>Internet required on a portable gaming system

Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

*new* Switch when?

>call you out for talking out your ass
>respond like a little crybaby

take your own advice, kid

The Switch/PS4/XBone version is "remastered" so there's probably better visuals and loading times.

this is bullshit. it was added recently if anything, so that's a really new development.

in any case, there's no internet actually required. this entire thread is a meme/Fake News

>>call you out for talking out your ass
Are you fucking kidding me? How am I wrong about it being a port? It doesn't have any new content.

I'm guessing it's just a single download.

>get entire game without mandatory updates or retained content for a fee
Yeah, we had it real bad.

>Sup Forums tries to blend in

i blame nintendo for even allowing shit like this.

>Physical media is pointless

It won't be when you find your switch years later and the servers are down and you're forced to buy the game again.

Lego city was announced for the Switch over a month ago, you fucking moron. I went to pay my switch preorder of about a month ago and the game was available for preorder then.

>added recently

It comes out next week. It was at least announced a while ago since I remember thinking "finally, something else worth picking up."

It was announced at least a couple of months ago. You're just a retard.
>there's no internet actually required.
Yes there is. The game is 20 GB, but only 7 GB is on the card, you have to download the rest.

We can only make a big enough shitstorm to cause Nintendo to realize that we don't want this shit.

I mean in the sense of
>3rd parties don't want deal with cost of higher storage cartridges.
>just say "fuck it" and don't port it at all
At least now they have a shitty way around it.

>How am I wrong about it being a port?
Gee, I don't know, how about you do a simple google search before talking out your ass for no reason?

I bet you feel pretty silly right about now.

>I went to pay my switch preorder of about a month ago and the game was available for preorder then.

no it wasn't, but I'm sure the 5 shekels you earn for each of these posts have been added to your bank account

>It was announced at least a couple of months ago

no it wasn't, retard.

>Yes there is. The game is 20 GB, but only 7 GB is on the card, you have to download the rest.

like I said, Fake News. show me where that is actually the case. show me one person who has actually had to do that. protip: you can't.

Sup Forums is literally the CNN of the video game industry when it comes to fake, bullshit, exaggerated anti-Nintendo claims. this board is known all across the internet for this shit, it's a wonder I even still visit it.

>required 13gb patch for a physical version of a 4 year old game

Has anyone not bothered to notice Chase is wearing an entirely different uniform?

Its a port/remaster of the game, sorry you're wrong and I'm not sure why you keep insisting otherwise.

nigga that shit annoying

You honestly think a digitalfag knows how to hang on to things for more than 5 years?

I know they do, i mea't that cartridges were pretty much more expensive than let's say Blu-ray discs. Thus the developer cheaping out on the cartridge and getting a smaller storage size cartridge for their game.

If what this guy said is true then it wouldn't be weird if they went with a 8GB cartridge for a 32GB cartridge game.

Samefagging isn't an argument.

Oh, so now its a remaster? I'm guessing you actually looked it up and realized how stupid you are for thinking it increased in size for no reason.

>no it wasn't, retard.
Yes it was, retard.
>show me one person who has actually had to do that.
It says it right on the fucking box.

>getting paid to shill about how a game was up for preorder months back instead of being a recent addition

I think you're being a tad paranoid here user.

OK you're doing shtick, but lest someone take you seriously.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hpp3K17B_1Y

I don't understand what you're trying to do here.

I mean if I that's the case I don't see why it's such a big deal and considering it is a handheld device; since you could pick it up and take it to the fucking coffee shop for free wi-fi.

Then again it is kind of stupid that it's a cartridge that requires a download.

I always thought it looked a bit different but I could never put my finger on it.

>thinking it increased in size for no reason.
It didn't. Its 20 GB on Switch just like it was on Wii U. How about YOU look something up for a change? You never even owned a Wii U lol

1GB is hardly an increase, it could be extra languages or uncompressed video and shit.

I see Nintendo is catering to their audience well.

(you)

That sucks, i was considering getting the physical version but I may as well get the digital

>it's a wonder I even still visit it.
Yeah, it is. I recommend you leave and never come back.

Damn, you really want this meme to take off, don't you?

>Sup Forums is literally the CNN of the video game industry
and Sup Forums is literally the cancer of Sup Forums

>The updated version also brings with it a couple of new additions, most notably the ability to play the whole game cooperatively with a friend. The trailer shows off a few seconds of split-screen gameplay, but fails to mention whether this can be done online too; we'd bet it's local only.

>As well as teaming up with a buddy, the new footage highlights a couple of new costumes for Chase McCain to model as he fights crime throughout Lego City, and the Nintendo page for this updated edition confirms the return of the Nintendo cameos found in the original release.
The original 2013 title released to much critical praise, and this updated version gives future Switch owners another title to look forward to within the console's launch window. It joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe as the second retail game with a solid release date in April.

nintendolife.com/news/2017/02/lego_city_undercover_makes_the_jump_to_the_nintendo_switch_on_4th_april

Wow, look at all that asshurt. Inb4 you start giving us your autistic definitions

>The original 2013 title released to much critical praise, and this updated version
Thanks for confirming its a port.

>Spend $500 on a Switch
>$70 for a bigger, good quality micro SD
>Buy digital games for inflated prices that are usually more expensive than most retailers are selling them off for

Nintendo shill please leave, we can spot you like a fucking sore thumb.

>I don't see why it's such a big deal
It could take up 20gb of the Switch's 32gb storage space.
For a single game.
A physical copy of the game.

>Didn't ask

No, they didn't want.

While the gap between flash and optical media has shrunk substantially, flash obviously costs more. WB cheaped out to make higher margins.

If Switch users want to get their due, they need to not buy this game, lest every title face this sort of storage risk.

The switch only has 32 GB?

I'd really like to know what he's classifying the Switch version as since he's so fucking adamant about it NOT being a port.
Does he think its a sequel or something? Surely he's not THAT stupid.

>it has no new content!
>i-it's just a remaster!

It doesn't have any internal storage. They give you a free 32 GB SD card with the system, you can buy a bigger one if you want.

Don't they offer 64 GB cards as well?

Should I get this for Wii U? I never bothered cuz Lego.

It is just a remaster. They ported the original game and added some minor features. They didn't change the gameplay, story, or game world.
What do you think the game is, then? You think its a sequel? Fucking lol

Same as the WiiU. It's fucking ridiculous.

The Brickster?

>someone says it has more content
>you screech it doesn't
>get called a retard
>HURR ITS A PORT ITS A PORT DONT YOU KNOW WHAT A PORT IS

maybe don't be factually wrong next time :^)
you were in the wrong from the start, and your goalposting has just made you look like a retard

>You think its a sequel? Fucking lol
trying too hard/10

>maybe don't be factually wrong next time :^)
I'm not. Its a port.

If its not a sequel or a port then what is it, smart guy?

With more content. Stay wrong. Here comes the part where you pretend you didn't say anything about content.

It's just lego. Not worth it.

I didn't say anything about it. There's more than one person that thinks you're an autist.
It is a port. Stay wrong and mad.

I say wait until impressions on the PS4 Xbone and PC versions come out because the Wii U version had some technical flaws.

Updated remaster.

if you played lego star wars you played them all

Not really the same thing, you don't need to download game data on Xbone/Ps4, you have to install the data that's on the disk which might take 5-10 minutes. The part that takes long is the day 1 patch which isn't on the disc, which is usually to fix bugs/implement things that didn't get added on in time to the disc.

The installing the game to the system isn't an issue imo, but the day 1 patches are a huge issue. Shouldn't have to have internet to get the proper version of the game on release, and in Switch's case specifically, to play the fucking thing at all.