PREY

youtube.com/watch?v=5Aro7eB53q8
Looks like shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8oKmkNxpfW0
youtube.com/watch?v=v3uWpypUaXE
youtube.com/watch?v=vPMr0joaE6A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This looks like the most generic piece of shit ive seen in awhile.

Also it's hard to tell what the fuck half of those moves are and what's going on. Enemies don't look fun to fight either.

>bethesda
>good

Pick one.

yep
but this game will still get a 9.0 on metacritic

its not made by bethesda

What the fuck is this? It looks like a floating emo haircut wig

Is that all there is, or is that like a teaser and showing off some?

>floating emo haircut wig

It's a telepath. Controll humans around you and nullify your magic.

Looks pretty lame. It was cute when the little headcrabs made a circle though.

>Zenimax
>Bethesda
Pick one

this, is not japanese with generic anime looking characters

totally generic

found the beth marketer

Does this game have no relation to the original (and great) Prey 2006 game?

It's just the title since they bought the IP but had no idea how to make a Prey game.

But Prey was garbage?

Well it's an Immersive Sim in space made by competent devs, it looks good and could be a future classic if those monsters are not too boring to fight.

At this point, not knowing the difference between publisher and developers must be a meme.

Good too see Human Head got their shit together and were actually able to release a game.

Always good to see a redemption arc.

First off: False dichotomy.
Secondly, just look at those spells the guy is using. The jump pad looks cool but the fire spell? The electric spell? A mind control spell? A turn-a-body-into-a-monster spell? A blink? I'm not seeing any good combos. This is a step down from Dishonored and from Dark Messiah.

It looks boring as fuck

But this isn't Prey. It just has the title and no relation.

Not cinematic enough for you, Jason?

No prey 2 had but bethesda went full EA

I don't play cinematic games

What do you play then?

art style has viktor antonov written all over it
looks pretty good might grab it on sale for 10 bucks

I don't think he was involved in this

Overwatch and dota

he works at bethesda and is involved with a bunch of their games so there's some influence present

> he works at bethesda
No he's not youtube.com/watch?v=8oKmkNxpfW0

Favorite games

>Deus ex
>Doom
>JSR future
>Myst
>Quake
>Bloodlines
>Anachronox
>Tenchu

who cares

So why are Arkane games always hated on Sup Forums?

They're one of the only AAA devs who still focus on gameplay and level design in the industry.
So why?

because dishonored was not a good game even though people pretend it is

>mu-muh Prey 2

>who cares
The fuck? That was the first post of the reply chain.

Funny since prey 2 looked more interesting than half of the run of the mill sci fi shit being green lit by kikes in suits

Because either bethesda prevents them from doing anything worthwhile or their talent left them after messiah.

A CG trailer doesn't mean shit mate.

Was it?
It was generic neon city with goofy star wars aliens. Pretty mainstream.
Gameplay was contextual parkour, cover shooting mixed with the notorious open world faggotry.

>Gameplay was contextual parkour, cover shooting mixed with the notorious open world faggotry.

yeah, before any of that was the standard.

Humanhead has nothing to do with this version of the game this was made by Arkane.

>Main enemies are uninteresting monsters made of black mist/goo

I can already tell this is going to be one of those games that nobody plays until it's $10 in the bargain bin.

>A CG trailer

what

Because the humanoid alien we see in 99% of scifi is more interesting?

It always amuses me how people is trying to justify prey 2 only because it had """cool""" cinematic w/ Johnny Cash

I've got to say the enemy design from what we've seen is really fucking uninspired.

Maybe it'll get better? Who knows, I certainly won't be plopping down money to see.

>we could have had alien cyber punk bounty hunting
>we got this

Honestly yes. Tar/goo monsters are not rare either.

I think it looks like a Good Game.

yeah honestly i feel like prey 2 was just the "idea guy's game" and so everyone put in it their wildest expectations in it despite there being no game.
it's like the idea of prey 2 was "awesome sci fi game" so everyone had their idea of what this awesome sci fi game was, even though the game itself did not exist, and if it did, it was probably not like what people had in their minds.

they are western devs owned by Bethesda
the only way it would cause more shitposting is if it was under EA

funny enough Eidos games get a pass because they are owned by Square Enix

How can you honestly defend this?

Fast forward to around 28 minutes.

This is the first hour of gameplay and it's all cinematic shit.

Boring as fuck and the combat looks like fucking ass

youtube.com/watch?v=v3uWpypUaXE

>prey 2 was cyberpunk

kys

wow its bioshit in space

it was garbage in 2007 and it will be garbage now

It looks like System Shock 2 and BioShock 1 met in the middle and had a baby.

I love it.

Hope they take the best elements of each for this.

Yup. It really does look like shit.

To be fair people said the same about DooM 4.
Trailers like these tend to be slow and ploddy and not as fun as the actual games.

>cinematic
There isn't even one cutscene

outside of the intro, what's so cinematic about it?

It looked like cover based console trash and more or less the antithesis to Prey 1. I remember people complaining about it before it got cancelled.

> Boring as fuck
Agree bro XDDD I'll better buy new cowadooty bro it's sooo fun so much explosions XDDD

>wow its bioshit in space
So System Shock?

that implies its good though

i never played system shock 2, but if its as bad as bioshock its definately an overhyped piece of shit because thats what bioshock is

ok

shit it's me 8 years ago

SS2 is an overhyped piece of shit that falls apart halfway through but the first game is good

no one really cared about Prey and Prey 2 until this was announced

sicne the announcement is all OMG MUH PREY 2 I WAS LITERALLY WAITING IT AND THINKING ABOUT IT CONSTANTLY!

>that top comment

I'm shaking

IT'S LIKE PUKIN' ON A PILE OF SHIT

a lot of people were hype for prey 2

prey 2 was talked about a lot on Sup Forums, but i know you were still in kindergarten then

It looks fun to you?

You're being delusional

Yes.

>y-y-ou weren't here!

Other way around probably, faggot

kek

and you're underage. I can link you to prey 2 videos with hundreds of thousands of views with comments ranging from 1-3 years ago but i don't want to do all of the work for you.

Prey2 was highly anticipated on Sup Forums you fucking newfag.

>pre recorded audio logs

of fuck me this was exciting about 20 years ago

doom4 was shit tho

prey 2 promo slips came with every copy of skyrim at release.

A lot of people were hyped. Beth was that confident in prey 2 but they cancelled it because they couldn't jew humanhead and tried to take over the company for peanuts.

go away shilldog

It really wasn't, unless having a couple of threads every 6 months is "highly anticipated"

>it's all cinematic shit
to be fair, I think they always do that. I remember when Arkham Night's game play was revealed they had the player make Batman walk slowly. Trying to give it a more cinematic feel.
>Walk in room
>Hear sound from the air duct
>Crouch, move behind cover, and look around
It's shit like that, they'll do to make it look cool

Weapons look like dogshit, the crossbow look like a NERF toy.

Nobody wanted this fucking shit anyway, I just wanted to hunt bounties in space you fucking faggots.

> they cancelled it because they couldn't jew humanhead
I wonder why was it problem for them? I mean they weren't absorbed by jewnimax but they're working on some crap now.

>the crossbow look like a NERF toy.
It is.

Yes it does.

Following Prey 2’s impressive showing at E3 2011, Bethesda, pleased with the team’s work, promised Human Head a development extension of six months to one year – all the time it needed to populate the mostly complete game world with missions, polish what rough edges remained, and ship Prey 2 in 2012 as planned. “That’s when Bethesda decided to play hardball and buy the studio,” said one source familiar with the situation. Another person close to Bethesda and Human Head shared a similar story.

In the following months, a source claimed, "Bethesda denied further funding of the project, and started failing milestones,” asking for changes and fixes without following through on its previous promise to give the team more time. The promise, however, was not inked on the contract, so Bethesda had no legal obligation to fulfill it. In addition, a source said, Bethesda was likely concerned with the "dated planning, tools, and techniques" Human Head was using. Meanwhile, the contract didn’t give the creative team any leverage: Prey 2 was the only game Human Head was legally allowed to develop on its own until the agreement expired -- to fill time and keep the lights on, the studio supported the development BioShock Infinite and Defiance. If it were to ever release, the team needed more cash and time to meet the rising demands to adjust Prey 2, which "needed a lot of work" and was "lackluster" from the publisher's perspective.

yea man that cg trailer was really amazing...

>big words make me look good!

Go play a generic jap game

Conflict erupted – Human Head asked Bethesda to provide additional time and money, while Bethesda asked Human Head to meet the criteria agreed upon by their existing agreement. At this point, Bethesda "thought they could bully [Human Head] into a corner,” a source said, and the publisher made a move to buy Human Head. “It was one of few studios that could work with and improve id Technology. They wanted to buy us at a sweet price,” but the developer denied the buyout[/b]. Human Head didn't want to permanently marry itself to a publisher that was "bleeding Human Head dry." This would limit the studio's ability to work on its own creative endeavors down the line, potentially with other publishers.

In November 2011, in a play to keep Bethesda from purchasing Human Head, and as a result of the contract dispute, development stopped. One source called it a strike. In the following months, Bethesda and Human Head communicated sporadically, “but the conversation was very one sided. The studio made reasonable offers, but nothing came to fruition. Nothing moved in 2012.”

Bethesda appeared to wait out Human Head. The contractual agreement between the two eventually came to term, Bethesda got its game back without spending any more money, and Human Head went on its way – the team is currently working with a new publisher on another open-world game.

It's more funny how you act like what Prey is now isn't boring as fuck compared to bounty hunting aliens in an alien city with your augmented 1911 and jet boots.

>cg trailer

There's a 10 minute full on gameplay video you fucking retard.

Have you at least seen an actual gameplay? Prey 2 was boring af compared to Arkane's Prey youtube.com/watch?v=vPMr0joaE6A

>the only complaint people can make is that "it's not like Prey2!!!!"

what are you smoking? nuprey looks boring as fuck compared to prey 2 unless audio logs gooply ga shadow aliens and crafting appeals to you that much

Good for them. They really showed those kikes, didn't they? They are proud and successful developer of shitty mobile games and wii u port

theres already been legitimate complaints

the combat looks like shit,enemies look boring as fuck and the animations look stiff. Watch the gameplay video

>Open world, colorful, bounty hunting

Looks more enjoyable desu.