FF XIV

Where did the story go wrong?

What story?

dead game

>earring sales fund new data center and upgrades
>dead
Pick one

Anyway the build up to the climax of the story was OK but it all fell apart when they revealed Shinryu instead of Ralgar, it's the same problem Dark Souls 3 had with "Hey remember this thing", then we just fuck off to the rising stones yet again and Yuguri wanders off back to Doma and our only hook to go Ala Mhigo is "we should go find that thing before the empire" and keeping Lyse from getting herself killed
Also fuck Raubhan for paying final respects to Ilberd and honoring his wish to liberate Ala Mhigo

And your evidence that the money came from XIV is..? Reminder: they don't release sub numbers and the game is F2P.

>F2P

You haven't heard?

What's it like being so autistic and hating a game so much you'll deny all other figures that prove you wrong and just go "muh subs"

What's it like being so desperate to believe a game is good that you'll believe it's successful even when all evidence is contrary? Do you believe in Santa Claus too?

I got to level 50 before I quit and the story was so dull I couldn't care about anyhting in it even though I've experienced 100 hours of it.

Its not the only still alive MMO's with indefinite trial periods, you can play WoW for free forever but are stuck at lvl20 and with a lot of limitations.

Nothing before level 50 mattered anyways

If you call being on life-support and in a coma "alive."

>Game getting constant content updates
>Getting data center expansions
>Getting continual expansion packs paid for and developed
>Desperate to believe it isn't failing

Sure m80, Legion killed WoW too didn't it?

Which is why the game doesn't matter.

almost everything post 3.0 has been pointless filler, incredibly dumb, or both. finale patch is no exception

>this character you only saw a couple times is actually a different character you've never heard of
>you never even knew the "real" one
>everyone but you already knew all of this

what an utterly pointless "twist"

Legion is free to play. Where are the sub numbers for XIV?

>I didn't play an MMO past max level, why is it so dull?

You do know that a majority of leveling content is always shit right? Kinda hard to make killing easy monsters for hours riveting.

>I don't know how MMO's throughout the entire industry work
>Game is bad because it's content spread is geared towards end game like every other successful MMO

hmm

Actually I do know how they work which is why I know they're not making anywhere near as much money as they used to and - in XIV's case - not any money at all.

>I don't have sub numbers so that means the game is dead

WoW Confirmed dead

There's nothing to hear because it didn't happen.

>Not making anywhere near as much money as they used too

There are more people playing MMO's than ever before and paying for them. There are also more active MMO's on the market than ever before.

You can pull shit out of your ass because of a lack of numbers in XIV's case, but MMO's make ludicrous amounts of money. There is a reason that the only two pushes for big titles lately have either been an attempt at an MMO or an esport title.

WoW confirmed not making money.

It isn't officially free to play? Because it is.

>There are more people playing MMO's than ever before and paying for them.

[Citation needed]

>More active MMOs

More MMOs. Not active ones.

>pull shit out of your ass

Stupid phrase used by idiots. You have the burden of proof, not me. Show me sub numbers.

>The game that they are providing more content updates and expansions than any of their other games is the one not making money

I can make content all day and not make a red cent.

WoDs should have stuck around longer and gone to Ala Mhigo as our plot hook to follow them and link up with the resistance as an information network to find them and stop them from wrecking shit, they could even team up with the legatus in an attempt to throw the balance of hydaelyn off even more

Will you fuckers just keep it as ffxiv so my filter works

>It isn't officially free to play? Because it is.
How can it be officially F2P when most of the content is above level 35?

>Lol burden of proof

Nigger you can't even get that right, burden of proof is placed on the person making claims against an established belief. And in the absence of evidence, it supports the current claim, not your counter claim.

You claimed they are failing, show me the sub numbers proving it nigger.

>content spread is geared towards end game like every other successful MMO
>every other successful MMO
Sure thing, pal

>being this retarded
They just removed the time limit from the free trial.
Still can't go above 35

The person who is making the claim has the burden of proof. You're claiming the game is making money or that it's successful. I see no proof of it and I never have and I probably never will. The fact they have some Japanese twats behind a computer pushing out new quests with crystal tools "make a quest" editor doesn't mean the game is successful.

Name an MMO that can be considered a commercial success that did not have a focus on end game content. You literally cannot sustain an MMO without focusing on end game content, it's how you keep subscribers, nobody is going to keep playing a game to play through parts they already have over and over.

End game is subjective on WHAT it is, but content made to be accessed by players that are already max level is what keeps mmo's alive. Even if it's just introducing more content for diehard RP fags to faun over like GW2 does.

Sounds free to play to me. How long until it's completely free to play?

Of all things to pick from that post you didn't choose the fact that it's just up to level 35?

>sounds free to play
>how long until it's free to play

WoW isn't free to play either and they didn't the same thing years ago
Stop trying so hard

I want to blow on Khloe's tummy!

Do you not understand just how little content there is at 1-35 compared to 35+?

You can literally play this game forever and never play a dime. That's free to play. How long until you can play the entire game for free?

Actually it is free to play.

Zhloe is better desu

>Name an MMO that can be considered a commercial success that did not have a focus on end game content.

Runescape,
EVE Online,
Planetside,
Pre-BC WoW

Not hard, dude

Proof is in it's continual support and expansion by companies not investing in alternative titles or other development pursuits. EA dumped TOR because it was unsuccessful and was unprofitable, thus it can be argued that games that are still getting supported are profitable enough to warrant continued development.

The people making the content still have to get paid even if it's shit quests, they still have to pay for hosting and distributing files and physical distribution, etc.

If other attempts have been pulled because of their monetary failures, why hasn't FFXIV been pulled?

And even then, you can't trust sub numbers in the first place because of shit Riot has pulled, the only way you can judge the success of a game is by it's continued support and development.

>The person who is making the claim has the burden of proof
Yes, and you claimed the game was dead first, and when someone said it wasn't you autistically sperged out and tried to shift the burden on to them
Back up your bullshit or fuck off
Inb4 waaah I don't have to, I'll try to laugh it off, why is everyone so serious

The head ups at SE have a big ego as to why they can't let XIV fail.

Honestly I think it was at level 1 when they forced you to do it

What's your point
It's making SE the most money right now to the point where it was funneled into FFXV

Because a normal person would notice that and the trial account restrictions if they looked into it at all
I forgot I was on Sup Forums which is full of gullible idiots

Vanilla WoW was pretty focused on end game but at least the rest of the world actually had some interesting stuff in it. Unlike XIV. Or anything past vanilla.

>Proof is in it's continual support and expansion by companies not investing in alternative titles or other development pursuits

Doesn't mean the game is making money. You can pump money into a product and not make any money. Ask any business owner ever, particularly a restaurant owner.

Additionally Square HAS been putting money into other titles. More money, in-fact. Do you have any idea how many free to play mobile shit games they have? Do you even have a clue?

>why hasn't XIV been pulled

Because doing so would make the franchise look weak which they can't afford because it's their greatest cash cow.

>you can't trust cold, hard sub numbers

Oh yes you can. In-fact that's about the only thing you can trust.

There's always one mega autistic person in these days that'll just continuously shift the goalposts no matter what you tell him

>Credits took me longer than the quests
What a huge wet fart this patch was compared to the end of ARR.

I don't know, I guess I'm just one of the few people excited for Stormblood with this patch? The newest cutscenes here, and the Zurvan cutscenes are at a level above most of the other stuff that's been in the game. There was no cliffhanger this time to get resolved in the most unsatisfying way AGAIN. I think the new characters introduced are really cool, and I'm glad to see Nero is back as well.

>its making square the most money

[Citation needed]

>requiring evidence for claims is autistic

>Vanilla WoW was pretty focused on end game
It launched with one (1) whole raid, plus onyxia. Less than half of a percent of the playerbase cleared a single boss in naxx. That's not "focused" on end game, and if a game with that amount of end game content launched today it'd be shit on for having very little to do at level cap.

Onyxia was technically a raid, yeah. And MMOs were still not entirely mainstream then. It took a while for most people to get to max level let alone join a guild with 40 people who were competent enough to do molten core. Took a while for most servers to clear it.

The delay between launch and BWL was lengthy, true. But content came in at an okay pace after that.

Also naxx didn't mean fuck all. Replaced all the gear from naxx in like... a month. Maybe less.

zhloe might be clinically retarded

she's clinically cute

They did add more content at the end game, yes. However the amount of end-game content pales in comparison to the rest of the game. The signs were there in BC but it wasn't really until wrath that the design philosophy became all about end-game. And isn't it funny that that's exactly when WoW stopped gaining subscribers and started losing them.

More or less, I agree.

Im not really excited but this is good.
Every time ive been hyped for a game ive been incredibly disappointed, its always the games that catch you by surprise that are the best.

itll be hard to mess up SB for me though, theyd have to completely gut bard and end game raiding.

Zhloe needs to be put down for child abuse.

whoever put a mentally challenged cat in a leadership role needs to be purged

Guy, stop bullying Zhloe. She's trying her best!

t. orphan

this is the problem with eastern games, mental retardation is considered "quirky" and "cute".

And trendy.

>Motherfucking Shinryu is a step in the wrong direction

Get out, OP. Just leave.

Won't happen, Rowena rents her out to old men

tfw retards that believed it was Yda were right, but weren't.
At least dancer fags eat shit.

>Shinryu wasted as a surprise reveal when all the build up was for Rhalgr
>gets a 2 minute cutscene and jobs to Omega after a cliche beam clash
Definitely a step in the wrong direction, he's the super boss of the series and deserves a build up of his own that respects that, now he's just going to be another trial to be walked all over since he's injured

People who said she was Yda were right, people who said she was Yda's sister were wrong.

But it is Y'da's sister :^)

>mfw Shinryu isn't Absolute Virtue levels of bullshit

The second they threw away Papalymo for no good reason other than 'lol we need to advance character plot/need an expansion stepping stone'.

It's not like Papalymo ever did anything, Thancred got possessed, Minfilia had those tits, Yda has those thighs, the cat got naked, but what remotely interesting thing did Papalymo do during the entire story but tag along and say almost as little as the WoL

Where the fuck was Thancred this whole time

Oh shit, i knew something was missing. Where the fuck was Thancred?

Being a dark brooding chuuni trying to get women

Probably masturbating to a life-sized doll of Minfilla made by Urianger.

Joining the Ascians because he doesn't trust Hydaelyn's bullshit anymore.

>He's an Ascian again

YOSHI IS A HACK

>Thancred not trusting Hydalen
>when Minfillia trusted her enough to become the Word of the Mother
Nah.

You mean when Hydaelyn ate her and turned her into a puppet and he was visibly pissed.

Please get banned. This is not a good game. Please. There are not Wildstar threads. There are not ESO threads. Please. For the sake of everyone.

Be a complete bro and Louis's direct disciple

Everyone was right

>I'm going to whine instead of going to another thread or making a more interesting one
Sounds like you need to go back, the lack of being able to downvote something seems to be causing you pain

Good point.

I think the game is pretty good.

Back to your e-celeb thread

What do I do with endgame shit that I can't desynth nor deliver for seals?
Like Dun Scaith shit, got Alex upgrade and it's useless to me.

Can I maybe recover melded materia from it?

Keep it until they allow you to turn it in.

Glamour or hold on to it til you can trade it in, that should happen when SB launches

How much SS do I want as WAR for triple meme cleave?

There was one good part of the story. The event with Iroha.

~500 minimum (whatever gets you a 2.44 GCD), up to ~600 (2.40 GCD) to be more comfortable.