ITT: Perfect Monster designs

Thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=1-K164j-5RQ

Why can't they just release a Sonic Adventure 3, I'm sick and tired of this on rails shit(figuratively, obviously grinding rails was cool in short bursts). Picking different characters with different gameplay that connected together with the story..
If something isn't broken, why fix it?
If SEGA came out with a new console, with sonic adventure 3 or whatever you'd call it I would buy that shit in a heartbeat.

because they know they cant recreate something as perfect as Chaos

IM GONNA BE DESPERATE

A classic

True, But there are many villains and other ways they can setup a branching plot like sonic adventure 1. I think the main thing is giving more control back to the player. I wanna run in loops, dig for emeralds and go fishing. How it is now you're only running on a circuit.

>Picking different characters with different gameplay that connected together with the story.. If something isn't broken, why fix it?
Because it actually was broken.

Adventure 1 and 2 were riddled with control, physics and camera issues. Characters like Big, Amy, Knuckles and Eggman were criticized for their weak gameplay, with the general consensus being that people only liked the speed stages. The stories were fun because of their so-bad-its-good ridiculous shonen anime storylines but you can't really depend on ironically bad charm to carry your series' writing.

Heroes, Shadow and Sonic '06 were direct continuations of the Sonic Adventure playstyle, featuring branching stories that interconnect for a final boss battle, building off the hanging plot threads from the previous entries, and using the same general gameplay and level design. All three games are considered mediocre at best, and trash by most people. The only thing they lack is the Chao Garden, but it looks like Yoshihisa Hashimoto did no work on the series between the releases of Advance 3 and the creation of the hedgehog engine so who knows what he was involved with behind the scenes.

I don't really understand how people think a game titled Adventure 3 would be any different from the other 3D Sonics after Adventure 2. They're all the same shit.

because fuck you I want another monster on Par with Chaos or the Biolizard

my nigga

Its just a rip off of Biollante

but its a GOOD ripoff

Necrons arent monsters.
Nor would T900s with green LEDs count as perfect monster design if they were.

Biollante did it cuter.

They did release SA3 its called Sonic 06

Sonic Team is notoriously fucked by exec decisions and restrictive time management. The engine behind Sonic Adventures 1&2 is really old and was put together rather sloppily. Boom should have been great but its awful. The previous build was almost unportable to the Wii U because of its limited memory capabilities. The game had segments cut and was rushed to hell due to the reporting process

In all honesty people that still love Sega are living in delusion.

the engine worked great for sonic and shadow stages

One of the coolest bosses in the series.

Seems more of a rip off of the Space Monsters from Gunbuster/Diebuster.

The space monsters in Gunbuster were somewhat plant like, but in the original series they either were mite-like drones, or giant un-moving things that resembled organic spaceships. Either way, while Gunbuster originally premiered before Godzilla vs. Biollante, Gunbuster was from 88 while GvB was 89, so its unlikely that Gunbuster could influence Godzilla with that small of a time frame.

That being said, the Space Monster form Diebuster, which can actually move around unlike the ones in Gunbuster, and has a "mouth" does resemble Biollante more, however that is well after the fact. The ones in the original series didn't d that at all.

I wasn't actually saying Biollante ripped off Gunbuster, just PC. Hell, I'm not even meaning ripped off in the literal sense, just that it looks closer to it. It's probably just coincidence.

Moreover, Sonic Adventure predates Diebuster by a fair bit and doesn't resemble it so much in that instance. So yeah, it's almost certainly a coincidence.

>Here comes a new challenger!

I hated those fuckers