Kirby's 25th Anniversary

April 27 is coming closer and closer each day and they'll probably announce something regarding about that. So in celebration, what do you like about Kirby, and what don't you like about it?

>Really like how they revisit and acknowledge characters from past games

>I fucking hate how he have to say poyo in modern games

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ocVqHhVU3FU
youtube.com/watch?v=ybvIK1gRcDs
youtube.com/watch?v=pPdutb_6DZU
youtube.com/watch?v=zjyKfSkAN5E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I like how I can fight bosses without power ups. You can spit stars at them!

Amiibo are shit, it's the reason why I didn't buy Robobot.

Playing the original Dreamland made me appreciate how far Kirby has come. Especially when doing the no ability challenge for stages/bosses. The amiibos weren't that bad in Planet Robobot considering you could find the smash ability in the main world and unlock ufo by 100% the game.

Oh neat, a Kirby thread.

>Pretty much what OP said.

>Stages are generally piss easy and I wish they'd move away from the more beat 'em up-esque style of SS to more puzzle and platform related stuff like the Shimomura games, or at least have a better blend of the two.

I really like how Dreamland 3 handled the puzzle aspect in contrast to Dreamland 2 and Crystal Shards. There were different memory based challenges, searching for certain characters, and trying to save/destroy certain objects. But nowadays it is mostly limited to finding the the correct ability in order to get the object. I really would love if Kumazaki blended the two and see some creative designs in levels. And I hope some of these characters would make some cameo appearance as well.

>What I like
Generally everything. I know it's a copout. But there's a lot I like about Kirby games,

>What I don't like
I guess... The recent Kriby game trend of having to collect shit in stages to move on. Didn't like it in RtDL, Not in TD, And not in Robobot.

I like all the different abilities they (re)introduce throughout all the games. I dislike how we've had a Metanight mode, a DeDeDe mode, but not a Bandanna Dee mode yet.

>I guess... The recent Kriby game trend of having to collect shit in stages to move on.

I don't think they really did that for RtDL, only for unlocking the minigames and ability challenges (which I hope they bring those back since they were for the most part really challenging to get platinum).

I like the music

>yfw

youtube.com/watch?v=ocVqHhVU3FU

I don't like how some abilities like Bell and leaf have both an invulnerability move and various attacks for quick DPS. I understand that Kirby is made for literal babies but that's just outrageous.

>not talking about clearly superior epic yarn
get on my lvl plebs

>tfw Bandanna Dee only important role was being a joke boss in Revenge of the King and the co-op mode in Rainbow Curse

>No Bandana Dee mode in Rainbow Curse where you play the game like a traditional Kirby platformer

Too much to list what I like. My biggest criticism for the new games is the challenge in the normal game. Wish they would make the stages a bit harder at times. That doesn't mean adding more enemies necessarily. It could be as simple as the position of platforms, stage hazards in more dangerous spots, and enemies in more unaboidable postions.

I guess I'd be okay with in that case. Still I bust my ass getting those. I should get a better reward.

>dat beautiful background
>dat intro

I fucking hope HAL tops this for the next game.

Also if the developers were to take away those cheap invincibility moves, we would have gotten a bit more challenging game.

That game was in a whole other level of comfy

youtube.com/watch?v=ybvIK1gRcDs

Someone needs to make a stage editor for Rainbow Curse so it would be possible to go through the entire game as Bandanna Dees.

If there were one thing done correctly regarding about level designs in TD/PR is the stage hazards. Like the huge tank that chases you from the background or Clanky Woods chasing you in the first level.

I pretty do miss collecting the whatever to unlock the secret hidden boss like they use to do it back then. Would've been sweet if you collect all of whatever you need, you'd unlock a whole other world for you to complete. Kinda like what they did for Kirby 64.

>tfw you couldn't clobbah dat dere Kirbeh for 25 years

Question:

Is there an actually bad Kirby game out there? Like, I'm not talking about Kirby games that are bad KIRBY games, I'm talking about Kirby games that are bad GAMES in general

The worst games in the franchise are overall average.
So no.

Not really.

No_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

>There will be Brawl
Holy shit user I didn't ask for these memories.
As much as I (and everyone else) seem to love it, Air Ride. It's a pretty half-assed racing game that feels mostly incomplete. I think that's why most people clamor for a remake or sequel.

>It's a pretty half-assed racing game that feels mostly incomplete. I think that's why most people clamor for a remake or sequel.

You know, I like it, but that is precisely why I want a sequel/remake.

>incomplete
Considering it got shifted to a whole another console..

Kirby is by far the best character to parody Hannibal Lecter

Kirby is legit my favorite series now. Games are always fun to play and nothing is balls to the wall hard so you can just relax. Also love how every game escalates stupidly fast from "Kirby's food was taken" or "Kirby go his afternoon nap interrupted" to "Kirby has to fight a demonic being(or god) to save the universe." Never felt a final boss has ever disappointed me. Just wish that there was an hard option that makes you fight the Soul version right out of the gate in the story mode instead of going into the arena for it

Air Ride had one of the best Soundtracks.

Plus if you didn't like it, you never had a 4 player city battle.

>Never felt a final boss has ever disappointed me

Hi

>Plus if you didn't like it, you never had a 4 player city battle
>As much as I (and everyone else) seem to love it
>As much as I
Dude, I still play to this day.
>tfw he was the main villain all along

Imagine if they revisit this in a later title. ROLLING AROUND AT THE SPEED OF SOUND

I will never not be mad that Rosalina's Smash trailer played Air Ride music at the beginning of it. It got my hopes up for nothing.

I gotta give props to whoever voiced him because that's murderous, edgy Kirby done right.

>you''ll never know what Kirby did to Mewtwo to make him go insane

Reminder that the 25th anniversary game will be a full 3D Kirby 64 remake.

Holy shit that reveal trailer was utter shit, and one of the reasons why I fucking hate Rosalina.

What is Sup Forums's opinion on Adeleine?

I drew some Kirby stuff the other day! I know Meta Knight wasn't in 64, I just really wanted to draw the little Borb!

Wait huh? That's pretty fucking odd to do.

She's cute and I'd love for her to return, but I'm biased because my favorite game is 64.

>Quiet Forest in a full 3D environment

I will cry tears of joy

What's he thinking about?

cute

>Someone puts together Hydra
>game alert goes off: Drag Race 1
>Minigame starts, everyone gives up on racing and just fucks around at the start instead to mess with the Hydra charge

HEH

Top Ride also fun as FUG.

I like this a lot

He's thinking about A MONSTAH TO CLOBBEAH THAT KIRBY

Thanks! I've been on a real Kirby binge lately.

>Hey kid, want some Crystal Shards?

Squeak Squad but only relative to other games in the series

Would you buy it?

crystal shards was great but I hated how every puzzle was you need x and y combination power to break through and get star. They should really make another game with power combining though it was alot of fun

Not angry enough

>Top Ride
Superior star reporting in.
>tfw could never enjoy Top Ride with friends because they could never get used to the controls and would just whine about wanting to play more city trial

Shit, forgot image

>Crystal Shards 3D
>full 3D levels that look like actual worlds instead of the generic lego levels of modern kirby
>All 4 characters are playable as originally intended via time trial
>Beating the game as Waddle Dee has Queen Ripple reward him with a blue bandana
>all minigames have online play
>beating all the minigames on all difficulties, collecting all crystal shards, completing all time trails, beating the arena and true arena, and filling out the encyclopedia will unlock a true final world
>03 battle

Screencap this

See for yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=pPdutb_6DZU

Favorite Kirby character.
I hope the two tweets that featured her mean something. Probably it's just them appeasing that one annoying fucker that requested her constantly. But I'm hoping for a genuine return.

On TOP of that, they showed it with another fucking racing game.

That was just a huge fucking kick in the nuts.

The pain must have been real.

I hope she's playable in a future Kirby game, plus other characters like Daroach, Prince Fluff, and Ribbon.

>chef
Oh man. I miss his goofy ass so much

Smash 4 was complete shit in retrospect. They only added like 4 characters worth giving a fuck about

My dream Kirby game is some kind of All-Stars game with old and new characters, I'd cream my pants if something like that was announced at E3

I have a hunch that Adeleine would be brought back this time, because I like believing in the impossible.

HAL is the best studio to make it too. Kirby Fighters is basically smash 4 but good

I don't think the levels in modern Kirby look that generic, they were pretty varied from each other. But other than that, I would totally buy that shit day one.

>I don't think the levels in modern Kirby look that generic

I meant more that they're made of rectangular walkways rather then being a fully 3D area

>lets add a bajillion mario levels and bring back 75m because why not
>New Pork City? Fountain of Dreams? Melee Mute City? Who would want to fight on those stages?

I heard you like Jungle Hijinx

Just fucking give me Kirby;s Dreamland Switch already Nintendo

I still fail to see how Mario Kart + Kirby Air Ride = a fucking Rosalina trailer. It would have been better if they revealed her by show Mario and co fighting on the galaxy stage rather than giving us false hope.

Seeing how Kumazaki has the game playing similar to Super Star/Adventure, it would be pretty bizarre if he changed the formula to play a bit similar to the Shimomura's games. But changing things up is like a must to Kirby.

Chef Kawasaki is a pretty cool guy. Plus his theme is fucking sweet.

youtube.com/watch?v=zjyKfSkAN5E

I want my gyrl Gryll back

New mainline Kirby on Switch in glorious HD when

Smash Kirby amiibos or Kirby series Kirby amiibos?

I feel like this series is stagnating and the refusal to go 3D is part of it.

>what do you like about Kirby, and what don't you like about it?
I like the general concept. I think the recent games are a bit boring if still good.

My favorites are Adventure and Super Star. I never even played Adventure until recently. I was surprised how good it is.

Free Market System.

Oh I see. Kinda wish they did that as well, the closest they gotten was the short area when Kirby enters a laboratory area in Planet Robobot.

E3

Give me fully 3D Kirby for the Switch, it's fucking time.

popstar warriors when

I love the fact that King Dedede is fucking terrifying when playing on very hard.

>no Minecart Carnage remix
>no Aquatic Ambience remix
>no Gangplank Galleon remix
>just Jungle Hijinx

The music choices for this Smash was horrible.

Kirby games will always come later in a console's life, this is the sad truth about this series.

Bump

>keeps getting my ass kicked by a literal onion witch

This vegetable is making me rage

I never really bothered collecting the amiibos, but from what I heard is that the Smash one are well made compared to the Kirby series one. But that BoxBoy amiibo looks pretty adorable as well.

With what characters?

Besides the obvious ones I mean

But user, don't you like how 4 different songs are mushed together into a single 2 minute track? Have you ever made a game?

She's making my erection rage

Tiff

Adventure still holds up pretty well, and it is one of the best looking nes game to date. Plus the music is wonderful and the Nightmare battle is climatic as hell.

NO

>Global
>Saturation

Kirby in HD would look amazing