Can we get a nice GR thread? Post your photos, talk about the game, characters, story...

Can we get a nice GR thread? Post your photos, talk about the game, characters, story. Use the spoiler function when necessary.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1-ppWvhTBxE
youtube.com/watch?v=cCopPjQPFqc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Question - spoilers for Raven's Choice DLC

I understand where the Zaza and Sachya shown in the last few panels came from - they're the grandkids of the original Zaza - but the original Sachya was erased from history. Why does Raven still exist?

Just a bump

Self-bumps don't work here. Doodooya, I'm out.

>tfw loved GR1 and really want to enjoy GR2 but they butchered the gameplay so much that I'm unable to find the motivation to continue playing

I absolutely loved the base game. It was such an amazing experience. I can't imagine how happy fans of the original were, since I hear the original was short and sweet. GR2 was massive, it took me around 60-70 hours to complete all the story missions, all side quests, and gold all challenges.

Raven's DLC was lackluster. There really wasn't enough that differentiated her from Kat, and there was no real sense of urgency to conveyed to me in the same manner it was at the end of every Chapter of Kat's story.

I didn't understand that either. But how do you get that they are the grandchildren? I thought Zaza was merely named after his grandfather. I didn't play 1, so I guess I don't really know. And the ending says that she never becomes "Sachya" because she exists solely as Raven. I guess she remembers her childhood differently, being an orphan in Hekesville struggling to get through in life.

I know the children were Raven's motivation in 1, but was Zaza also like the "core" motivation?

Smelly poor welfare nigger.

The gameplay is improved. It's the mission designs and story that got butchered. 1 > 2 overall but 2 is still pretty good.

The new Sachya said she was named after her grandfather's imaginary friend. It's implicit, but they're definitely the original Zaza's grandkids.

I asked the other day but no one aswered. To unlock the GR dlc custumes in GR2, do i need to have a remastered save data import, or can I somehow import a vita save. Both the dlc´s and remastered are on sale now, and I have already beaten the game on vita.

You need a remaster save
I don't think you even need to fully beat the PS4 version to get the costumes in 2
But you should, it's great on PS4

I want to eat the apple Kat keeps between her boobies.

Should I buy this or Nier Automata? Is Kat cuter than 2B?

Porque no los dos, user?

but yea I'd say Kat is cuter even though I haven't played 2B's game

Hey fags

Are there any tracks in Gravity Rush 2 as good as Pleasure Quarter?

I'm considering getting GR2.

>the story got butchered

No. It was fucking amazing.

Well that kinda sucks, my ps4 is back home and I´m away for another month. Thanks anyway

>Sony actually consider Gravity Rush less of a financial risk than Forbidden Siren

;_;

Good point Frenchanon, I will get both

Well it's in the game

Pleasure quarter is in it.

youtube.com/watch?v=1-ppWvhTBxE

Buy it, user. It's fucking good.

Oh, that's cool. It's a great track. I love that Piano parlor type of music. Was hoping there were other great tracks in the game too.

There is one track that becomes a central theme and will make you cry after you complete the full story. It's also just good on its own.

Here's a cute thing.
youtube.com/watch?v=cCopPjQPFqc

>make you cry after you complete the full story
Oh shit
Sounds intense

Raven won't show up on the boat so I can mine as her.
Anyone know why?

Wait, what? I didn't even know this was a thing.

You better fucking believe it. The last bits of Gravity Rush 2 are amazing. Kat is probably among the most selfless vidya characters I have ever seen.

Well the game tells you you can mine as her now.
So after looking for hours I finally found out she just shows up on the mining boat and you talk to her supposedly and can mine with her.
But nothing.
I beat the game and dlc so idk what it could be, maybe a glitch?

I just finished it a couple of hours ago, and I had to take a few minutes before I could go eat dinner with my family because I was a fucking wreck. It's such an emotional roller coaster at the end.

I want to buy Kat's game!

Worth every penny.

Would have been worth even more pennies for me had I not bought it used.

Someone resold Kat's game, fucking r00d. I took good care of her.

Team Siren's next game is another action-adventure. No Siren for you.

>Oh, hi. Didn't see you there! My name's Kat. I bet you're wondering how I got into this precarious position.

Make sure you play the first if you want full enjoyment.

I know, I'm still salty.

Wonder what it'll be, though? I know that Toyama loves inFamous and Crackdown, so more superhero stuff?

I have a confession to make
I have it but stopped playing it because I got distracted by Odin's Sphere, then Yakuza 0, then Nier Automata

I've been meaning to get back to playing it. It's so cathartic.

Also this. Wish I would have bought and played the first one instead of just YouTube-ing the cutscenes. I got the full story but I probably would've loved it even more had I played it myself. I'll get it eventually 'cause I want the costumes.

Stinky

I beat it and then started playing those
went back it to it yesterday and played for a good 4 hours.
I didn't mean to but there's just something so fun about this game idk

Right? I haven't lost track of time playing video games in YEARS until GR2. It just feels fucking good to fly around aimlessly.

>still no Dark Angel costume in NA shop
for what purpose

Who knows. Since GR3's still in the realm of possibility, I'd rather they stray away from the superhero origin story. If they take anyway from GR for the next game, I hope they continue the slick traversal and verticality.

Think it got taken down elsewhere as well, no idea what's up with it.

Anyone else notice the fucking LIPS on Raven in the dialogue art?

2B costume for Kat

W H E N
H
E
N

Any word on future DLC for GR2, or have we seen all there is to see?

And by the ending, I'm thinking GR3 might be off the table. Actual spoiler: I seriously hope I'm wrong and that the implicit reunion is genuine and they actually do something with it beyond just making the players happy that they reunite.

I see people posting their photos from the game, is there an easy way to access them and put them on your computer?

Wasn't that a hoax?

My PC's set up only a couple of metres from my TV and consoles, so I just use a USB key to go back and forth. You could also set up a dummy Twitter account and map it to the share function, I suppose.

Share them to Facebook/Twitter, download from there. I have my privacy set up on my FB so that no one can see me post them, I save 'em, and I delete 'em right away because I don't like cluttering my shit.

Raven's shift attack is shit! SHIT!

I just got a PS4, so I can just grab the files off it with a USB?

Aww, was it?

Yeah, when you've taken your screenshot, it'll save them into the "Capture Gallery" app. Just go into that, press the options and you'll see the export option.

How was the Raven DLC?
Was it long?

About 2-3 hours depending.

Doesn't solve anything just adds more plot holes.

Are there more DLC's planned?

Why did they make it so shit when Kat's ability is so clean? That Raven DLC is disappointing in every way

Got it, thanks.

Well, at least it was free. I would have been pretty upset if I paid for it. I did kinda like the story, but Raven's combat is fucking awful.

Nope.

Yeah her combat is odd. I had no problems with the story but it never answered shit.

Kat might stink but her cleavage smells like fresh apples.

Someone post a webm of Kat making sweet mouth love to a cone of ice cream

Well they'll probably release that Dark Angle costume again. Maybe they plan so have it come out along side something else?

Guys I just finished it a few hours ago and I'm about to start over just because it's that good

>The gameplay is improved.
Sure if you don't mind the crazy input lag, unresponsive turning and horrible stuttering everywhere

Kat is a billion times cuter than 2B but GR2 is a bad game

>there are people who don't think she's cute

If somebody wants to buy GR2 from me, be my guest

get automata, then sell it and get gravity rush 2

How much user?

She's an adorkable airhead with a lovely voice

>tfw kat will never enthusiastically “ciwiwi!” at you

Wait, the input lag is from the game? I just assumed it was my TV

No that's just a Sup Forums meme
It's real and it's coming. It takes time.

Dunno; it's a german box but apart from that it's pretty much untouched. I've only played like an hour of it.

>input lag
Yeah, that bugged me more than anything else in the game. I think it's only there for jumping though - I've run off a million cliffs trying to make a jump when I couldn't shift gravity.
>unresponsive turning
Where?
>stuttering everywhere
Yeah there's stuttering but not EVERYWHERE, only when there's too much shit going on... Which is still an issue, but not enough to break the game

Well GR1 did not have this problem. In GR2 it's like you turn your controller and the camera needs a second to catch up as it lags all over the place.

GR1 was smooth, responsive and fun as hell. GR2 is nothing but headache-inducing for me. I don't know if I'll ever get around to playing it, maybe when it costs less a few years down the line.

There IS stuttering literally everywhere, the game is locked to 30 fps. Even the cutscenes are stuttery as fuck (noticeably choppy transitions between panels)

We call these people liars.

You don't like it, fampai?

That I can agree with. Honestly the camera wasn't a HUGE issue during Kat's story. Raven's on the other hand, nearly had me toss my controller on the couch and turn the game off. There were times where I literally had to stop what I was doing and wait for the camera to figure out what was happening.

I had no problem with LAYBEN's combat, if anything it felt easier to use than Kat's. That gravity kick of hers where you can just spam attack and fill up your gauge super fast is really strong. Just do that then get up close and use her triangle. Rinse, repeat.

>>unresponsive turning
>Where?
Just booted up both games to double-check

GR1: Camera tracks the controller movements 1:1, works perfectly
GR2: Camera lags beind the controller movements by like half a second or more

It's nauseating. Also, there are so many minor little changes that completely irk me, like the fact that they removed the visual indication for when you're hovering. There are so many times where the game unexpectedly transitions you from falling to hovering that the blue circle was really useful. They removed it in GR2 for absolutely no reason, and it has already begun to troll me to not end.

Also, how come they removed the ability to level up your gravity core powers? Kat at the end of GR1 was so fun to play because your gravity powers were so strong it was basically like actually flying, but in GR2 I'm forced to play with significantly weaker gravity powers again.

Reminder that these two got a happy ending off-screen without any help from a smelly hobo.

No. Gravity Rush 1 was a billion times better. It's yet another shitty sequel that completely misses the point of what made the first game fun and adds boring MMO elements instead

So basically you haven't played GR2

Ah yes MMO elements, like side-quests.

Yeah it could use a patch for the laggy controls, but other than that it's the most pure fun I've had with a video game in years.

Shut up and post pretty kitty

I played it for a couple of hours.

Like grinding for powerups by mining ore all day; plus needless “social” elements, real-time events etc. in a single-player game.

That was GR1 to me. (Actually, it was only the second most pure fun I've had in years; Furi was the number one)

So you dislike shit you have the choice of ignoring so you dislike the game. I'll give you that the controls need improving but bitching about optional content is stupid and will always be stupid.

>B-But it's optional content, user!
Well, the entire game is optional content; and I'm taking your advice.

I would play it if they added a patch to make it 60 fps and responsive instead of 30 fps laggy shit. I still don't really understand why they did that. I mean, GR1 was 60 fps; so how come they 360°d on it?

Maybe whenever Gravity Rush 2: Remastered comes out for the PS5 they'll do the same thing again

Kat is the cutest girl in the fucking world.
But Automata is the better game.

Regardless, GR2 is amazing nonetheless.

I know I can't argue someone into enjoying a game, but...

>Like grinding for powerups by mining ore all day;

You really don't need to, its completely optional.

> plus needless “social” elements, real-time events etc. in a single-player game.

Again, just ignore it and move on.

>patch to make it 60 fps
That bugged me when I played the demo. I got used to the 60 FPS of Remastered and expected the same for GR2

I've been playing it through my Vita, which is meta.

Gravity Rush 3 should investigate the sexual tension between Kat and Raven.