Wait forever to get to play Gladio my favorite FFXV character next to Cor

>Wait forever to get to play Gladio my favorite FFXV character next to Cor
>Combat is really fun is actually a lot better then the main game and more skill based
>It's only 40 min long and not as challenging as the main game
>Alright
>Try "Final trial" where you fight Cor
>It's actually 10 times harder then the final boss battle and requires to you "get good" as Gladio
>Beat it after a few trys and get nothing as a reward
>Do score attack
>get really high score
>Says I get "rugged outfit"
>Get really hype hoping it reflect on the events of the dlc and maybe he gets a more spirit warrior look
>Actually just a costume option to take off his shirt
Literally the gayest shit in the game and I can not imagine any heterosexual male being happy with this outfit as a "reward" literally what the fuck?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YW-dc4vmNc8
youtube.com/watch?v=-BWdBY_8QoY
youtube.com/watch?v=aOYzge9zJrE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Oh shit you can take out his shirt?
brb buying

STOP My only hope now is that Cor will have a better dlc in like a fucking year.

I thought the DLC was fine but just really short. And I wished that there would have been more enemy types.

It's good and it shows promise for the future character creator if each character we play as gets as good treatment as gladio did.

>shirtless gladio
sweet jesus
now I'm afraid I'm not good enough to unlock this if it's super skill-based

My only gripe about the new outfit is that his chest scar is gone.

Thanks for the heads up OP. Buying the dlc once I get off work.

Nah, you can unlock it pretty easily. You'll likely get it without even trying.

it's cool

You unlock it for 500k points in score attack

Hope we get episode Cor. 2bh I learned more about Cor than Gladio in this.

Yea he seemed like the one likeable character I can't wait to play as him in 12 years.

I'm pretty sure SE is gonna line up a Cor DLC for the second season pass along with Aranea and possibly Iris. Also hoping an Ardyn DLC becomes a thing. There were also rumors floating around that Tabata wanted to take a stab at the original Versus 13 world, but that itself could probably be Versus 15 for all we know since there's so much content within it.

God fucking damn it I almost wish this was released in episodic format because I wanted to see this game fleshed out but I played the bare bones 90 hour game to death. If it was instead 3 20 dollar installments that where super complete and involved all the characters plans etc.. this game could have been amazing.

Really? The only characters I felt that weren't likeable were Prompto and to a lesser extent Luna. The rest were fine IMO. Cor was horribly underutilized though.

He was supposed to be a major plot device in the story but they axed a lot of his parts.

by he I mean Cor

But I want shirtless Noctis

That's probably what they're going for. I thought $20 for a season pass was cheap since a lot of publishers are doing it for $30-$50.

The rest were ok but personality wise they were pretty bad I loved em but that's because the game was good at making me feel their friendship not because they were likeable.
>Notcis genuinely good leader if a bit whiny and spoiled but is a really good look at our current generation
>Ignis generic super posh butler who also cares for his friends (dub did not do him any favors)
>Prompto made to look as much as the "popular guy" from anime stero types as possible but is actually awkward as fuck. not bad but the culture difference makes him unbearable for Americans.
>Gladio He just suddenly turns into a piece of shit for no reason during the last half of the game ruthlessly taunting and bullying noctis when he just lost his gf and feels guilty as fuck is elder brother figure went blind thanks to him

Yeah because Gladio was specifically made to appeal to woman

Gladio started to piss me off the second half of the game

This is true OP. Gladio is canonically chickbait.

I'd suck Gladio's dick
No homo though

>tfw Gladio's theme
youtu.be/YW-dc4vmNc8

He's probably into facefucking.

play gay game. is surprised that rewards are gay.

Even better

But women don't play video games?

nice projection

Oh shit it's Keiichi Okabe

>not as challenging as main game

Havnt played the dlc but how the fuck is the main game challenging at all? Just press r2 and use one of your 1000000 items or hold square to be invulnerable

it's more challenging than the main game.

>I-i got muscle, you just can't see it

He's too afraid to show his scrawny body.

>Combat is really fun is actually a lot better then the main game and more skill based

See You actually need to doge and block with no prompts and are rewarded for keeping a combo up items are also forcibly limited for good reason

Prompto is not the popular guy trope. He's a nerd whos basically forcing himself to be outgoing. Being awkward as fuck, realizing it, then pushing through it is his charm.

Gladio is trying to turn him into a king. I completely agreed with him, Noc needs a king in the ass, and Gladdy is the one to do it.

DLC fucking sucked but the music from it turned out amazing. Keiichi Okabe is a legend. youtube.com/watch?v=-BWdBY_8QoY

looks just am simplistic as the base game's combat - just with no parry prompt

he was in the omen

Well I'm a bit too under the weather to tell you all the different aspects but the point is
>They changed the combat a bit to fit Gladio who in no way feels like noctis
>They realized WHY XV 15 was easy and addressed it in "The final trial" which was an actual boss fight that relied on your skill which was really cool
>This gives hope for a hard mode in the future
These are the basics

>Literally the gayest shit in the game and I can not imagine any heterosexual male being happy with this outfit as a "reward" literally what the fuck?

That's because it's not for straight guys you fucking retard. Do you know how many fujoshits like FFXV?

This thread proves that the only people who like this game are literal faggots.

The DLC was good tho

Doesn't look like that in the game. Prompto has better looking arms than he does

you can stop projecting

The Cor fight is legitimately difficult, added with the fact that you only have a few curatives (As it should be in the main game) you actually have to memorize his patterns and use all the DLC mechanics to beat him

>projection
>decent chunk of the thread is fuccbois creaming themselves over him shirtless

DLC in final fantasy, implemented so lame, like i just dont get how it can fit in properly

i think ill wait for 15.5

looks the same as his in game body desu

It's called Final Mix retard

.5s are collections

I didn't enjoy it at all and the fact it was supposed/should have meaning yet has zero pay off in the game upsets me a lot. If it was a segment in the game at launch I wouldn't think it was nearly as bad

It was 50 minutes of mediocrity. I don't think anything this game churns out can NOT be mediocre.

It isn't, you actually have to pay attention and learn the fight, you only get 3 potions and 1 phoenix down which you'll run out of guaranteed, you can't just hold guard the whole time either because the guard meter will deplete leaving you unable to guard then you get wrecked even harder. You have to make use of proper timed blocks/parries to create windows for attack.

and look who's here

You can't go to the dlc dungeon from the main game too

It gives insight into Cor's backstory and about Gladio while getting new combat and bosses, it was good. The red giant here is harder than the red giants in the final game too.

I doubt you even played it.

Nope.
Its in the spot behind keny corws where all those Corels hang out.

I like how the DLC takes you in between the mountains with those spikes coming out from them that you cross over in the regalia in the main game

Yeah, we basically learned that even though he was a brash kid, Cor has always been badass. Hell, seems like Gilgamesh thinks higher of Cor than he ever did of Gladio.

I am fucking hoping that Square takes notice of how much the fanbase likes him to give him a legitimate DLC. Not just that bullshit where he can sometimes join you in the party, along Aranea and Iris.

>People are still playing Final Flop 15

Why do you people take the time to come into a thread and talk about how much you don't like something
What compels you to do this day after day?

midna doesn't count as black does she?

im gonna need a source on this one

Not to mention that his nickname "The Immortal" was based on a snide remark about him actually surviving the trial of Gilgamesh.

Love how this DLC gave us a few more insight on Gladios and Cor

>Fastest selling FF worldwide and highest selling opening in the US ever
>broke even day 1
>f-flop
Nice try.

You can hate the game, and think it's shit, but it didn't flop. IIRC it made its budget back day one

>Literally the gayest shit in the game and I can not imagine any heterosexual male being happy with this outfit as a "reward" literally what the fuck?

you do realize FF15 was made for teen girls and homosexual males exclusively right?

In Japan XV sold like 5x what BOTW sold in Japan.

you can stop projecting

Yeah I'm having fun with it. Most I've enjoyed an FF since X.

I'm digging how differently Gladio plays, including the different mechanics.

I'm not digging all the liberties being taken with the localization dialogue.

In the first cutscene, Gladio says "it's a long story"
But the subtitles say "they call him... the Blademaster"

Fuckin'
How
Why

I don't remember the main game being this bad about it.

The genji blade Gilgamesh gives to Gladio was also Cor's sword when he challenged Gilgamesh years ago too. It mentioned he was a guard for king Mors so that's probably how Cor become friends with Regis when he was still a prince.

What are the new enemies/bosses?

It was just as bad!
I just learned to ignore how horrible the subtitles were and im not even a fluent Japanese speaker.

Anyone with a basic knowledge of japanese can tell that the subtitles are wrong as fuck.

WRONG FUCKFACE!

I just beat the Blademaster for the first time on normal mode and i ended up using all 7 of the phoenix downs that i found thruout the level and i had to use 1 against the Red iron Giant.

Gladios combat is a bit more mashy than Noctis based on the fact that he so big and bulky that he just tanks damage that would other wise stun or knock Noctis down.

The Blademaster CAN NOT BE MASHED TO DEATH(and i havent even played him on hard yet)!
On top of not being mashable, you also have to perfect parry his attacks whereas with Noctis you can just hold down square to dodge attacks or parry because of how wide and long his parry and dodge windows are compared to Gladios.

I tried holding square and mashing square to block/parry his attacks and it just got me hit.

Gladios is both easier(casue he can tank small attacks) and a bit tougher(has to rely on perfect parry and blocking instead of warping and running all over the map like noctis can) to play. than Noctis is.

These guys aren't lying and i have yet to fight Cor and i certainly don't have anymore Phoenix Downs to do it.

So looks like im going to have to get good

>holding O near a trial makes Gladio track to the trial
>this means he won't attack in the vicinity of the sword
Why

Some of the bosses are stronger versions of daemons in the main game, like the Red Giant before you fight Gilgamesh is way harder than any Red Giants in the main game. Gilgamesh and Cor are new bosses, there are fallen souls of dead crownsguard that fight you along the way like soul of fortitude and soul of valor, one of the souls can block your attacks. Things like skeletons, reapers, wyverns, bullette are from the main game

When you fight Cor you only get 1 phoenix down and 3 potions. It's from the "final trial" on the title screen you unlock after you beat Gilgamesh

The main game was really bad with this and changed way too much stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=aOYzge9zJrE
>beaten in 1:19

Wasn't this supposed to be the hardest fight ever?

all the characters feel like chickbait desu

>faggot fantasy 15
>surprised when there is gay shit in it

No it's showing someone who learned how to play good.

Is that why all the main cast show interest in females throghout the game, Noctis is literally going on a journey to his wedding, Prompto hits on Cidney and Aranea and fawns over them and Gladio literally says he's going to marry his girlfriend at the end?

>I just beat the Blademaster for the first time on normal mode and i ended up using all 7 of the phoenix downs
I just fought him for the first time on Normal and used like five Potions.

No Phoenix Downs.

>The Blademaster CAN NOT BE MASHED TO DEATH
Actually, this is the way you beat him. You can't chain attacks because he's too fast.
You have to mash so that you can dodge (not block). Many of his attacks, especially in phase two, have the no-block buff so you need to feel his rhythm and dodge dodge dodge.

Honestly
It wasn't that difficult.