So is this going to be shit or what?

relic is taking a traditionally RTS game to shoe horn e-sports into a moba for multiplayer.

so is it going to be shit? (probably) Is this going to be relic's Aliens Colonial Marines?
goddammit .. 60 bucks for a goddamn moba sigh..

Other urls found in this thread:

dorkshelf.com/2015/06/05/the-story-of-dark-nexus-arena-the-made-in-canada-warhammer-moba/
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-06-dawn-of-war-3s-multiplayer-reveals-moba-influence
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I thought they were moving away from the smaller unit count of 2 and something more in the vein of the first one.

That being said, DoW with Ultimate Apocalypse mod is my favorite, fuck balance, I want to see my OC mary sue chapter committing Ork genocide.

Dawn of war meets Eve Online
WHEN?

You know you are fucked up when da boyz are shooting like imperial guards.

i fucking wish.

>I thought they were moving away from the smaller unit count of 2 and something more in the vein of the first one.

nah .. multiplayer will be basically a moba that's going to get monitized out the ass.

i give it maybe 1 month after release then it will go F2p much like Eternal Crusade

and speaking like trained soldiers.

you guys should see the shill posts in the steam forums section.. ti's insane.. massive damage control.

Fucking hell, why not just make a MOBA and sell it on its own? Mixing genres is stupid, it's like buying an FPS only to find out the MP is a text adventure.

>>Fucking hell, why not just make a MOBA and sell it on its own?

they fucking tried it.. failed in development.

there was next to no interest in the game from player base. Everyone was clamoring for a DoW1/2 successor.

dorkshelf.com/2015/06/05/the-story-of-dark-nexus-arena-the-made-in-canada-warhammer-moba/

MOBAs were a mistake.

I just hope its fun like the first game.

Also, anyone playing Eternal Crusade? Its shit, but fun. Webm related.

dotashit

I want a Dark Crusade / Winter Assault game with updated graphics, and a bunch of Space Marines and cool stuff. I'm not a fan of the risk map campaign stuff.

Anyone ever order from those cd key places?

anything to avoid? i won't pay 60 bucks on this turd but maybe 30.. found one place that had keys for $35 .. i just have a feeling it's too good to be true

I AM THROWING MONEY AT THE SCREEN BUT NOTHING IS HAPPENING.

Didn't eternal crusade promise open world settings? what happened?

I am honestly excited to see how this kind of gameplay really works in practice. Unlike DoW1 and 2, this is a complete game changer. It's 2017, in a time when the RTS genre has stagnated due to lack of innovation I don't see why you guys would want the same old shit. Not to mention that a game like DoW3 wouldn't suffer the flaws of MOBA like being a watered down RTS or a toxic team.

>any game with a hero is a moba
hello underage phone poster, kill yourself.

Haven't you heard? Any game with abilities and cooldowns is now "moba-like"

>made in Canada
That explains the lack of interest.

I am the guy above you guys that's excited about this, but I'll still say that you guys seem to have misunderstood OP. Even DoW3 developers are saying that the multiplayer is MOBA influenced. Which it is. DoW3 multiplayer mode is gonna be base building and stuff still, but the goal being to destroy all the enemy shields/turrets so you can destroy their core. It's gonna be the only mode of multiplayer available at launch, with the only map they have shown so far for it having three lanes similar to MOBAs as well. You also pick certain elite units before a match starts similar to Champions in LOL.

The game's going to be a literal combo of RTS and MOBA.

thanks for helping me lose all faith in the development of the game.

The dev who promised that (And virtually everything else about the game) quietly quit before the game hit Closed Alpha.

With him went a lot of the resources too, leaving a virtual skeleton crew to pick up the pieces

I don't understand, what exactly is wrong with the game?

So it's not a MOBA at all. If they add VP mode later on will Sup Forums have a mass sperg suicide due to how wrong they are about the game?

One person on Sup Forums said it was a moba and everyone believed them.

I am still happy to see some level of attempt to make RTS fresh again. Would rather they do something like this than what most people that dislike this move wanted: another goddamn traditional RTS. Plus there's going to be more units, abilities, and customization per race than either DoW game and they are bringing back unique mechanics (Orks have something called scrap which affects units with some kind of effect or another depending on the unit it is. Will seem to need to bring Gretchins the builder units in the frontlines a lot since their affectations is related to being able to build a bunch of stuff rather than the more statistical upgrades other units get.)

>So it's not a MOBA at all.
Only so mainly in how multiplayer matches are structured in terms of how to win them.

>If they add VP mode later on will Sup Forums have a mass sperg suicide due to how wrong they are about the game?
Nah, Sup Forums moves onto something else to hate on, it's what gives this place sustenance.

eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-06-dawn-of-war-3s-multiplayer-reveals-moba-influence

It's in the headlines, bruh. Yeah it was being used long before the multiplayer stuff was announced, and back then the MOBA comparison was completely wrong. And it still is for campaign stuff. But it's a valid comparison for the multiplayer.

No one calls WC3 an RTS with moba-like elements.
Just stop.

when I heard MOBA being mentioned and then I SAW TERMINATOR ARMOR JUMPING AROUND I fucking lost it
then I saw the developer on the interview and it was a bitch with pink hair
hahahahahaha i knew it was over

I've thought about getting it.

According to the reviews I've come across, it's okay. Not great but not total shit either.

WC3 didn't have MOBA style "destroy defensive shield/turret structures then go for the core base with distinguished lanes separating them" multiphase style multiplayer either...except in custom map DOTA of course!

>I SAW TERMINATOR ARMOR JUMPING AROUND
So you never played or read up on any of the 40k RPG stuff then? You can literally have backflipping Ogryns if you stat one correctly through a campaign, and they are heavier than a Terminator Marine (Super Bulky as opposed to Bulky)

>tfw spent 140 dollars on this shit fucking game because of those promises.
>All I wanted was Planetside 2 meets warhammer40K
>I cant get a refund even though I have played literally 0 hours of the game

NEVER AGAIN WILL I EARLY ADOPT

The current devs are at least working hard, but they're way out of their league and the game already on its death bed.

>I SAW TERMINATOR ARMOR JUMPING AROUND
Goto should be required reading for DoW fans.

It would filter out crap like this while also making them enjoy what we have rather than what could be.

>Fucking hell, why not just make a MOBA and sell it on its own?
They tried it once.

Its free, might as well.

Oh, cool. Had forgotten about that.