Ringed City Theory: What if Lordran was a painted world as well? (SPOILERS)

So watched the end of the new DLC. SPOILER ALERT:

After you bring the blood of the dark soul from Gael to the painter loli in the painted world of Ariandel, she will ask you to tell her your name. If you do so, she says she will paint a new world with it, one named after you, that will be "a cold, dark, gentle place".

If you choose to say that you have no name, she will instead say that she will call the world "Ash". What's noteworthy about this is that we all know the universe of Dark Souls started as a barren, ashen land. This got my noggin joggin, and I had a theory: What if this is how the world of Dark Souls began? As a painting, named after someone named Lordran. What if the entire series has occured inside a fucking painting?

But then the question arises, what came first: the painting or the painter?

Really fires up your neurons, doesn't it?

Bump

Good theory. Will steal.

You're thinking too deep. Paintings have explicitly been pocket dimensions since DaS1, with the only major change being that they can now eventually rot. Unlike the real world though, this rot can take full fledged shape and eventually lead to the world's destruction, which we partially see in DaS1 with the buildings already in ruin. Hence, the painting must be renewed every now and then.

The DaS3 DLCs don't matter to the story. At all. At most they show that the last important figures in lore, the Pygmies, get slain to be turned into paint. It is one gigantic middle finger to people who actually cared about the lore.

There's no Aldia, there's no Kaathe, there's effectively nothing. Nothing is explained at all, be it blatantly or through secondary methods.

Because the last fucking story of the whole of Dark Souls for years to come is a fetch quest to get a little girl some fucking paint.

This theory is further backed up by just how convoluted the entire backstory of Dark Souls is.

>Gwyn had an uncle, Alfatherlloyd, even though before the lord souls he was just a hollow (beings that can't reproduce)
>had an entire army of knights with full armor and weapons out of seemingly fucking nowhere after finding said lord souls to face the dragons
>why would dragons reproduce when they're "everlasting", had no threat to themselves whatsoever prior to Gwyn and his gang coming to kick their shit in, and therby no reason to reproduce whatsoever?
>How the fuck did Izalith have daughters already before the finding the first flame and becoming non-hollowed?

No seriously, how the fuck does any of this make fucking sense?

None of it makes fucking sense. It's almost like they were all conjured out of literal fucking nothing. It's like a writer coming up with fictional characters out of his own mind. It's almost like the entire world of dark souls is a fictional world made up by some storyteller, and brought to life via a magical painting.

Really

makes

you

think

eh?

Somebody fill me in, why is vaati considered a thief on Sup Forums?

>eh
REH

>What if the fiction was fiction!?

Dark souls 3 confirmed to be Smoughs nightmare

Due to conspiracy theories.

>eh
>REH
To do do do

Let's go even deeper.

What if the world of Dark Souls actually existed at one point, and the one we played in throughout the series was simply an artificial recreation of it (painting), and the real world was and all the characters who inhabited it we know and loved were already long-dead and gone before the start of the first game?

Or are we going to deep here and giving Mee-a-hack-i too much credit?

How would that be giving him credit? It would be a bad story then. What would it add to the story?

this pleases me but also fucks with my head. GG user.

So the girl is making a new painted world inside the already painted world of lordran, that's some inception shit

So what if the world lordran is painted on is also a painted world itself, and that world painted on another and another etc etc.

What if reality is a painting...in bloodborne!?

>she names the world after a pokemon character
>she created the world of pokemon
holy shit this is revolutionary

So what the fuck is the deal with the painted worlds? What did they have to do with the actual world?

>So the girl is making a new painted world inside the already painted world of lordran, that's some inception shit
>So what if the world lordran is painted on is also a painted world itself, and that world painted on another and another etc etc.

BUT THEN WHO WAS PHONE??????

>lordran is a pokemon

>Mee-a-hack-i too

I don't follow.

he reads about theories then passes them as his own in his videos and even directly plagiarized a guy before

Literally nothing. They were just a convenient way for from software to have a self-contained dlc so that they didn't have to reveal that they don't understand the plot of their own games.

Let's go deeper down the rabbit hole.

The entirety of the Dark Souls world is a painting alongside a painting of the Demon's Souls world in the world of Bloodborne which is a painting of itself in King's Field

what if we are just a painting inside a painting inside a computer game?

Moshi moshi Nito desu

AND EACH PAINTING IN EACH WORLD IS A REFLECTION OF THE PAINTED WORLDS ALMOST AS IF EACH PAINTING WAS MADE BY A PAINTER THAT PAINTED THE PAINTINGS IN EACH PAINTED WORLD

Let's be honest here. Ashes of Ariandel was better than this heap of garbage. Literally just:

>enemies can kill you in 1-2 hits
>overly tedious boss
>area filled with grey and bronze
>fucking whosits as last boss.

Wasted $15

Not going to argue about realism in a fantasy game in a alternate reality/world with talking snakes and zombies.

Refer to OP's pic

Which is grafiti on a wall that gets blown up by an armored core, wich exists inside the dreams of the homonculus baby in eternal ring!

>Dark Souls lore
This shit is almost as autistic as Sonic lore.

>Another NPC-Player Character boss fight
WHY DOES FROM THINK THIS IS A GOOD THING?

I swear to christ, I actually liked this DLC until this shit happened.

>NPC-Player character

Oh user you oxymoron

I'm too angry right now, this is what From puts out to finish off the series? Sure it's not a last boss fight but I didn't think they'd pull this shit again after Ariandel. At least make it an optional one but Sunken King did but nope.

I'd easily just take a reskinned boss fight over this.

So was Patches always a trusty knight but just happened to shift into a dick over time after turning undead?

>Because the last fucking story of the whole of Dark Souls for years to come is a fetch quest to get a little girl some fucking paint.
Almost as if Memezaki had no endgame plan was just making shit all along.

Well the difference in this particular instance is that this new painting is made using a very powerful soul that you specifically had to go to the end of time to get for her.

That makes this painting be something of a game-changer. It was established that painted worlds are small pocket dimensions, but one made with such a potent soul might become something unique or vast and so on...

Nah i'm pretty sure his dickishness is the core of his being. It's what drove him to outlive practically every other character.

Do you realize what an NPC is? Literally anything that's not directly controlled by the PC (player character) is an NPC. You're fucking stupid.

Don't let videogames make you angry user, we play them to have fun. It was decent dlc and you don't have to feel bad for buying it.

I'm a retard and im in the swamp with the bridge and the dragon, am I going the right way?

>tfw you're a sonic fan and dark souls fan
i guess i should just kill myself

>But then the question arises, what came first: the painting or the painter?

The painter. Next question.

By the way, if you're confused by this, it was the egg that came first.

You can do it!

>concentrated autism

Gael's pretty interesting from a lore perspective. May have been a new addition but he kinda represents undead and hollows that were mistreated.

>Really fires up your neurons, doesn't it?
Not really, because you just made it up. Like all souls lore and theories, it's just made up by people wanting to make sense of nothing.

It's human nature to try make sense of things, to solve puzzles, to see patterns in things that has no pattern. All of the souls games are just made up as they go along, each game barely even has a story at all, just a goal really. The only thing the games have is world building. There's an item named after someone, and it'll say something like "this man was a great knight", then another time there'll be an item that references the same knight. It's just called world building, it's not actual lore.

But of course autists refuse to realize this or accept it.

what if the dark souls was a girl?

Would have been nice if I could see the painting. She doesn't even work on it. Fucking bitch.

Because he steals?

>to finish off the series
So naive.

how did humans during the grey era grow food and eat?

What do you think will happen first when they run out of coke money, BB2 or DS4

>get to dragon fog gate
>cant enter
>put my sign down
>help someone else fight it
>can't do it myself
>?????????

this guy might be onto somethin

Lordran doesn't rot.

The next instalment in the Soulsborne series:
>Ash: Or whatever you called your character in Dark Souls 3 -Perhaps Banana Slayer

Did you push him down?

Can the appearance change from Rosaria change your gender?

Try miracles.

No

>Lordran doesn't rot.
u wot

Or maybe the name ash is literal. As in ash is the burnt left overs of things.. It's a bunch of nothing now.. maybe was some grand piece of art but now it's just ash.. insignificant, could be reduced to nothing in a small breeze.. ash. Just like the lore. A bunch if nothing.

If the world doesn't rot, it's not a painting.

Or maybe it does and is just being kept up. This is the type of thing they could of explained but nah.. fuck it all

If Lordran was a painting, that'd explain why the Age of Ancients isn't part of the cycle and why we can't return to it/where the fire came from - it was actually the Age of Unfinished, because the painting wasn't complete before the fire was painted in.

It's funny how anything can be explained to some sort of satisfactory degree as long as you have as little facts as possible and just extrapolate everything between into a given narrative.

Especially when a game ends badly. See Mass Effect 3.

Lordran is just one country though i suggest you read up on your lore. 6/10

everything in this series started to make alot more sense if you time in the universe flows nonlinearly

You're probably right. Remember when people over thought the movie inception? When in reality it was a all metaphor for the artistic process of making a movie? Same goes with the souls series. The painter are the devs or the director who paint a world into life drawing inspiration from others.

why didn't snuggly just fly you to anor londo

How would you have made the DLC a better ending to the Dark Souls series, Sup Forums?

I would have liked to have fought/talked to kaathe or frampt

WHY THE FUCK DOES THIS PIECE OF SHIT DRAGON HAVE SO MUCH HEALTH WHY DOES ALL OF HIS ATTACKS KNOCK ME DOWN WHY IS THE CAMERA FUCKING ME OVER EVERY SINGLE TIME

What are those angles anyways?

I would have liked to see some follow up to the DS1 rumors of the serpents being the same creature, and something involving the mist/grey before the dragons. Maybe throw in a great old one appearance towards the very end and have the last boss fight be something special, but soul of cinder is hard to top.

git gud

is just wanted to see the finished painting :(

>Crown of Sunken King = Crown of Ivory King > Artorias of the Abyss > Crown of the Iron King > Ashes of Ariandel > The Ringed City

Are spells / pyromancies / miracles viable in this game?

This is your world painter tonight.

painter girl is miyazaki trying to escape dark souls and make something he wants to make
everything else in the dlc, just like in the main game, is just a bunch of bullshit thought up on the spot like "THIS WEAPON BELONGED TO AN ORDER OF KNIGHTS AND ONE DAY THEY ALL DISAPPEARED HMM REALLY MAKES YOU THINK" and the final fucking boss of all souls games is some old dude flailing around like a retard with a stinky fart gas cape shoving in your face "HEY REMEMBER THIS ACTUALLY COOL BOSS THAT HAD A COOL BACKSTORY AND YOU WERE EXCITED TO FIGHT? TEAH WELL HERE'S THIS DUDE YOU NEVER HEARD OF UNTIL THE OVER PRICED 1 HOUR LONG DLC CAME OUT AND LITERALLY ALL HE DOES IS HOLD A BLOODY PIECE OF CANVAS WELL NOW HE'S THE FINAL BOSS AND HE ATE THE PYGMIES AND HE'S SUPER STRONG NOW?????"
fuck this game im mad

I actually liked the Ringed City, I just didn't like the presentation of how you basically fight The Dark Soul. I would have preferred if it had been something like ending the age of Fire was orchestrated by Kaathe and gathering all the bits left of the dark soul at the Ringed City like it is originally, but when you come to the end of time for the pigment its Kaathe that has absorbed it for his own and you fight pic related in the background.

It's a creation myth not hard fact based history.

gratz miyazaki

this lore is such clusterfuck, anything goes. it's like my first failed attempt at a novel.

Why does DS3 have that yellow/greenish piss filter? It's bad in the main game but its really fucking annoying in The Ringed City DLC.

I remember that DS3 got datamined and they found a bunch of weapons/armor that weren't added to the game yet. Did the two DLC's add everything or is there still some stuff that hasn't been added yet?

I imagine they're somehow connected to the Abyss. The boss in the Abyss levels for that one covenant in DS2 was an angel thing.

this, it's amazing how this thrown together mess has a cult following trying to make sense of it and paying patreon bux

Pilgrims

Cunts, that's what

Ledo's true Armor, his miracle and the tracers among many other items that were datamined got cut and didn't make it into the DLC somehow

We know a lot more than we don't. The whole point of the games is that you are placed in these lands rich with history many years after civilization has fallen apart. Imagine unearthing a library of Alexandria or Rome, you'll get a general gist of history and particular events/figures but there are a lot of empty spaces.

name 3 things you are wondering about. I'm certain they either are already answered, are insignificant to the entire lore if they aren't answerable (just a side thing), or can be inferred.

Is there any chance that we'll get 1 more DLC or a content update to include that stuff?

>a painting inside a painting inside a painting

Just how deep does it go?

>basically all of the DLC weapons have cool, UNIQUE weapon arts
>95% of the weapons in vanilla have copy/pasted weapon arts across their weapon class

pisses me the fuck off

>lived from the age of the first apocalypse to the very end of the world
>like it's nobody's fucking business
Is Patches a low-key deity?