2 more days until this good free to play!

2 more days until this good free to play!

What map are you guys going to pay first?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U0FcaKZT4tY
youtube.com/watch?v=jrbN2y5r-vU
wccftech.com/blizzard-hd-remaster-starcraft-warcraft-iii-diablo-ii/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Lost Temple

Looks like the hype died.

>blizzdrones can't even stay hype for their 20 year old game

I thought they said they weren't going to do remasters

I still have my CD so i'm not really hyped

free to play?

They changed their minds. They're also remastering Diablo II and Warcraft III.

Starcraft and Brood War will be free for everyone.

You'll be able to play StarCraft brood war for free, no CD required
Bit of a shame, I'm hyped that the UMS scene will be somewhat alive again

i love company of heroes 1, do you think ill like this?

Starcraft and Brood War are being made completely free in two days when the 1.18a patch drops, which will make the game compatible with modern computers and add a bunch of QoL fixes.
Later on this summer the Remastered DLC will drop to give the games HD graphics.

>remastering Diablo II

???

its a completely different game but you might still like it

>Warcraft III
>not WC2

Did I stutter?

They already have HD models for a bunch of WC3 heroes. WC2 will stay dead like Diablo 1.

at least diablo 3 got that weird diablo 1 throwback mode. warcraft 2 is permanently forgotten

that mode looked like dogshit though
D1 looks nice and crisp on a CRT

I'm hyped. I couldn't make this god damn game work with Windows 7 without purple garbage everywhere. I've been wanting to replay it since it was a lot funner than 2 was. Heart of the Swarm killed all my hype for 2.

I'm surprised that the marketing for this isn't higher. The AoE remastered games were pretty hyped up

This is why im hyped, been wanting to play the campaign for ages and this has been impeding me every time I tried any fix I found

The marketing will probably go up closer to the actual release of the Remastered DLC. Right now they're just making the game free. No money in that.

That's because AoE is a better game.

my guess is 95% of their marketing budget was dumped into korea
i wonder how they're taking it

same except my CD runs really loudly

I'm hyped to replay the campaign and perhaps get my arse handed to me online after that

what kind of qol fixes?
are we going to be able to select more than twelve units at once?

For mac as well?

Korea seems excited

youtube.com/watch?v=U0FcaKZT4tY

No, but you also didn't provide a source besides your ass.

>I'm hyped that the UMS scene will be somewhat alive again
that will be the fucking BEST

You act like everybody and their mother doesn't own this game

>what is google

so how is it going to be free? do I just go to blizzards site and download it?
or do I need to have previously owned it?
I do but I cant remember my old login

big game hunters where the pros play

No, nothing that actually changes the game.
Just things to make the game actually playable for modern machines.

Yes, they stated that they are working on a Mac version.

>HD version of youtube.com/watch?v=jrbN2y5r-vU
>HD version of SC1 Zeratul

Fucking based

free means free. for everyone.

>2 more days until this good free to play!
What the fuck does nuBlizz get out of giving out a free 2 play game?

That's what I thought. GG user.

Yea

But you have to build your base buildings over the course of 12hrs or you can buy mineral packs for 3.99 to speed up production. Also Gas packs to reload your stamina. I like the new arena system they put in. Every day if you do like 3 quests worth of stuff you get a ticket and construct a tech tree from 3 choices at a time until your race deck is full and go until you lose 3 times.

>tfw can't wait to open a pack and get a legendary jim raynor

Why don't they make Diablo 2 free as well?

It's part of the marketing for Remastered DLC, which will cost money.
I don't fucking know. Get everyone playing their old game again, and then charge money for graphics that aren't from '98.

Also to get more people to use battle.net desktop client.

they make too much cash off selling extra keys to new botters every ladder

I knew there was a reason behind this shit. ActivisionBlizzard doesn't do shit for free unless there's profit involved. Granted what company doesn't do this, but dangling a visual upgrade to everyone is pretty fucked up. Wonder if you could mod better graphics into it somehow.

Are you really so lazy that you can't lift your fat fingers and type a few simple words into a search engine? Fine. Here, I'll do the work for you you disgusting slob.
wccftech.com/blizzard-hd-remaster-starcraft-warcraft-iii-diablo-ii/
This shit has been known for a couple of years now.

the old graphics don't even fucking bother me though

Then don't pay for the new ones, and enjoy your free game.

Thanks user, but I ain't clicking that shit.

>literally every other company has charged money for remasters
>it's not okay when Blizzard does it as well, and even gives the base game out for free

>release game for free
>everyone is on windows 7 +
>game doesn't run right on new OS
>people still have to buy remaster version to even play new game or waste time setting up some way to play it

>too lazy to look himself
>gets spoonfed
>refuses to eat it
jesus christ what do you even fucking want from me

>good
>free to play
You may only pick one

You don't understand how this is working. Remastered isn't some new client. It's just DLC for the original client, which is getting an update in two days to make it completely compatible with newer OSes. At that time, the original game is also being made free.

>starcraft is good
>it's becoming free to play
>with no changes to the game's mechanics at all
>somehow this makes it a bad game

stop posting your retardation hurts to read

I just wanted a friend because I'm bored user.

I feel like a StarCraft remaster isn't gonna do any more good than if we could go back in time to 2010 when Wings of Liberty came out and just convince Blizzard to leave it all alone.

>"I am from the year 2017. You need to completely redo Starcraft II, because it will flop completely."
>"Oh yeah? Who's the president in 2017?"
>"Donald Trump"
>get laughed out the building

>but dangling a visual upgrade to everyone is pretty fucked up.

Why? A small team spent over a year on it.

We get so much shit for free. It runs on modern OSes with no graphics and color bugs. You don't have to open ports anymore. There's a new windowed mode. We get a modern battle.net with ladder and everyone can play custom games again on blizzard's dime. We get a real observer mode.

And that's the first patch. When remastered hits the free version will probably get a widescreen mode so the viewport will be fair.

You're talking as if they're separate clients. They're not. Of course people who don't buy the DLC will be getting the widescreen mode.

Starcraft 2 wasn't even a flop though. It was financially successful and they're still releasing DLC for it 7 years later. The game just hasn't retained as large of a player base as expected but the market is way more saturated with games these days. Most companies would be ecstatic if their 7 year old game still had over 100 000 ladder players

What could have been?

Nah, go back further, keep them from partnering with Activision.

>implying anyone took The Don's candidacy seriously until February of 2016
Admit it, you, me, and every other fag was laughing at him saying he would run, whether or not we voted for him.

I think it's a flop in that it took the massive Esports platform StarCraft had and, in the search for a slice of the pie, ended up killing it all off. SC2 still has esports but it's more a case of where the game could have gone, versus where it is now.

Not to mention the story has been torn up and turned into a joke. Where will they go next?

>You're talking as if they're separate clients.

No I'm not you condescending little shit.

OH SHIT.

WHAT IF THEY RELEASED ANOTHER EXPANSION FOR THIS GAME?

The way your post was worded certainly sounds like you were.
And no one's being condescending except you.

That sounds fucking terrifying.

>The way your post was worded certainly sounds like you were.

No it doesn't. You're doubling down on being retarded.

>And no one's being condescending except you.

>no u

It was a merger by forced onto them by a larger company, no?

i wont boot up a fucking windows xp just to play this shit
its gonna be dead in a week anyway

Nu-Blizzard is fucking insane

Riots in the streets of Korea.

Seriously no one would play it since there's no way Blizzard wouldn't fuck it up and BW is really good as is.

>No it doesn't.
>When remastered hits the free version will probably get a widescreen mode
>free version

>no u
Okay.

You won't have to, retard.

More than one version doesn't mean more than one client

In fact it directly implies a different version of the same client

You're on 3 layers of retard now. Stop

That user is joking, read literally any other post

Everyone thinks it's a separate game when it's literally DLC. Blizzard just doesn't want to use that word but it's DLC for a 17 year old game.

I know he was. but that doesn't mean the idea he had wasn't terrifying.

>tfw the devs of the remaster spoke to the original art designers asking what exactly they envisioned when making the models for each unit.

I think that's fantastic to hear they went to the effort of asking for their input. It'll be nice to finally see what they really look like underneath all those pixels.

hopefully it'll all turn out amazing and wonderful.

I'm just glad I wont have to use a launcher the old game after this patch coming soon.

Even better: You can zoom in now and get an even better look.

So? If you don't like it just play the free version. They work together

Unfortunately you're not seeing the exact original models. It would be nice, but the new models are slightly different than the originals to make up for the higher resolution rendering, and they're also rendered using a different lighting model.

You're missing the point. The way blizzard has gone about announcing this is making everyone think it's a separate game when it's not.

>clashing dildo ballons to show excitement

Do gooks don't know how to clap?

>Star Craft is balanced

What is the Scout?

it's a way to clap much louder
it's like the vuvuzella of clapping

Clapping is for Americans.

tfw no qt medic powerarmor wearing gf

>tfw the devs of the remaster spoke to the original art designers asking what exactly they envisioned when making the models for each unit.

That took effort to track those people down to ask details, but what's really worth a fortune is they did this same process for everything. They asked the pros what they could improve without breaking gameplay, obviously. But they also asked casters what kind of stats, observation, and features they want instead of just assuming whats best and assuming more is better. The casters actually told them that too much data is a bad thing because it ruins the surprise of the outcome. That's something a non-caster just doesn't think about, but makes a fuck ton of sense. They also asked about what players wanted out of battlenet and what made the old one so great, instead of the SC2 approach where a modern designer of console-based matchmaking comes in and produces his own failed experiment because he's totally oblivious that there is no community without chat channels.

Why do Medics even get power armour? They don't fight or do anything that would require power armour except for occasionally get deployed on space platforms.

>version

Excuse me sir, did you realize you were talking as if they were separate clients?

it's hitscan so it counters ground evasive units :D