Its actually not that bad

its actually not that bad

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QDjci1ODoBs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you're right, it's shit

It's poor on quality, high in content. Worth the money for me personally, but it could have been exceptionally better

It's embarrasing.

Whatever you say Pajeet.

Even if it turned out to be """"not"'"" that """"bad"""" I wouldn't pay 60$ for it

As a fan of Mass Effect 1 it's actually what I wanted. Big levels and shitloads of side quests.

I understand nobody else like this but it's fun to be pandered to for once.

I wonder if there are any other big franchises being handed off to the C / D teams.

Maybe there is a lesson to be picked up, somewhere here.

How dare you hold an opinion that goes against the Sup Forums hivemind

>highest praise you can muster for a game is "it's not that bad"
You've convinced me to run out and buy it with that stellar argument.

I always thought the gameplay and environmental graphics looked alright, and I'm used to cheese dialogue from Bioware. I'm still not going to buy it until it 90% off, though.

I know what you mean user.
Game has flaws but it's good, the 7/10 is fair.

I'll play it for $20 with all the DLC by Christmas. No rush.

>buh spoilers
Like anybody gives a shit about the story. It's a shooter with waifus.

fpbp

I watched a playthrough of the first hour and it looks okay. Story is sort of boring but serviceable enough and the jet pack boost looks fun.

It's pretty bad. Suffers from all the same problems as DA:I yet somehow worse.

>not that bad
uhhhhh no sweetie that's not how it works, you don't get my $60 for "not that bad"

You're right. At least it has cool sky backgrounds. But I already have space engine so it's over for Bioware.

How are the RPG elements? Compare them to the RPG elements of previous Mass Effect game.

Reddit is that way. There is no hivemind, every single comment is visible in the discussion.

Eh not my cup of tea from what I played. Can't be too mad as my job lets me rent ganes. So I'll return it and keep playing Titan fall 2.

youtube.com/watch?v=QDjci1ODoBs

Well that depends what you mean. Do you mean RPG elements as in dialogue choices and your ability to impact the story, or RPG elements as in stats and levels and stuff?

Nope. The DLC will always be full price because of Bioware greed. It still costs $70 for all of ME3's DLC.

Closer to ME1, lots of skills to chose form.
No global cooldown.
Weapon skills, passive skills.
Character building is much better and closer to ME1.
You also have profiles that can make you better and add aditional passives.
The only issue is 3slots power only but you can switch between profiles at any time, they have to cooldown tho before use.

anyone else waititing couple weeks/months to screw publisher on first week sales?

>lots of skills to chose form

False.

>open world is bad
dunkey can get fucked
this is what i wanted in ME2 but that never happend

THIS tbqhwyf

Anyone else not buying it at all?

>open-world is good

Open world is bad if it's full of nothing but shitty MMO tier quests

How so?
It has 36 skills.

Autistic Sara is my favorite meme so far.

>open world can be only bad
But that's wrong user.
Depends on people, different strokes for different folks.

I might pick it up after a considerable price drop, but as of now I fucking hate EVERY character that I've seen, especially Liam

How do you think they'll pander to fans in Andromeda 2 to try and make up for Andromeda 1? My guess is that since you're on the first wave of arcs, that arcs will arrive during Andromeda 2 that left after me3, and those arcs have characters from the original trilogy.

Only good open-world so far is TW3.

ME:A's open-world is crap to boot.

Liam is ok it's the PEEPOO that is annoying as fuck and everything posted bout her is right.

remnanat/whatever tech will be sued to create corridor between galaxies

you are like a little baby

watch this...

This is more down syndrome than autism.

Cool.

One last question. How does exploration in MEA compare to ME1?

>Only good open-world so far is TW3
user, you should go and play Gothic 2, I'm giving you a great advice.

open-world is a meme that needs to end

user, play morrowind and gothic 2
tw3 tried to be that, not bad for first try but not good enough

I hate everything about her, and if there was a way to kill her or not have her join my squad I would have done so quickly.

I got DA:I for $30 with all DLC included off of psn of all things.

Old Bioware, maybe. nuBioware is shit and everyone knows it. I'll wait for that $20 bargain bin collection. It's a guarantee at this point.

I was obviously talking about modern open-world games. Gothic 2 is also overrated as fuck.

Or, the milky way species will have figured out mass relay technology, created a few mass relays, and dragged them to Andromeda.

It's more fun because it's not just copy pasted environments/missions, but your forced to watch animations even travelling between planets in the same system, which gets annoying.

How do you love watching all those animations going from planet to planet?

40 of those hours were in multiplayer

Not much time to play senpai.
Better than ME1, there is a lot of interesting locations to discover, some with quests, some with loot.
Yeah loot system is back, you can get weapons, armor, resources and some crap to sell.
That being said while I'm having fun with the game, either wait for a sale so you don't get or pirate so you don't get burned.
but if you liked ME1 you should like MEA

I agree with this, the open world shit just makes it feel like a chore more than anything. The combat is a lot of fun and has some okay moments in dialogue. The game has nice touches like the crew mates can move around the ship instead of being in one spot the whole game. Just off the top of my head I would change the open world, not have a fucking mini cutscene everytime you travel anywhere in space, and make Ryder a little more memorable somehow

>but your forced to watch animations even travelling between planets in the same system,
it was somewhat same way in original, annoying
they offset assets loading with it

> but your forced to watch animations even travelling between planets in the same system, which gets annoying.
Okay, actual last question. How many worlds can you land on and explore? I figured it was just the 7 golden worlds.

You take that back you dickmuching cock sucker.

overrated =/= bad

I experience a bug preventing me from completing a pretty important mission. An enemy I'm supposed to kill just fucking vanished into thin air.

same with ME2, that game still has a fuckton of DLC that you'd have to pay top bioware points for.

the funniest thing being I think they completely retconned out the final DLC they made for ME2 in ME3. Shepard was supposed to be on trial for carrying out acts of genocide against the Batarian plague as a mechanism for new players to set character flags, I think, but instead they were like NAH and threw that out.

>Yeah loot system is back
Do I have to tediously keep outfitting my team with the newest gear I pick up and mods for each weapon and armor?

Just because it's discussed on Sup Forums doesn't mean it's overrated.
This game is criminaly underrated because only handful of people know it and most of them are either Germans or Slavs.

I think it is just the handful of golden world's. I powered through the main quest line only for my first playthrough because I wanted to know how it ended, so I didn't do much exploring.

It's the Dragon age : Inquisition of the mass effect series.

If you don't mind inexistant immersion, the lack of meaningful choices, and spending 9/10 of your time doing mmo-tier quest, then go for it, but I can't be asked.

And I'm not going into the meme-tier critique of the animations, because then people might think that this is the only flaw.

Nope, there is no equipment selection for your squad.
Which kinda sucks for me.

>people actually paid full price for this game

There are 4 planets on which you can ride Nomad.
One small planet on foot and I think there is also asteroid.

open world means nothing on it's own, it can be a good idea or a terrible idea.
In this case it's pretty bad because the open world is only filled with rocks to mine or dumb sidequest that you'll have forgotten after 5 minutes and didn't contribute to anything story-wise.

You cannot select squad loadout, you can only use 3 abilities in battle, and you cannot use your squad mate's abilities. You can only order them to move/attack.

Real shame that the story elements are so mediocre/terrible.

I just played through ME1 and I hated having to go to each of my team's lockers and give them my newest loot. That's 5 characters not including myself with 4 weapons each, each weapon having at least two mod slots. Add on top of that armor and the armor mod slot. It was tedious as fuck.

Story in itself is ok but the dialogue, that's the issue, it ranges from servicable to shitfest.
Sometimes dialogue is ok but only sometimes.

>le first post le best post

>tbqhwyf
When did reddit take over?

>immersion
I never understood this.

Part of the charm but yeah MEA doesn't have that but it does have crafting system and menus are not very intuitive.
You don't have to use crafting system since most stuff you can find in game but best stuff you can only get from crafting due to agumentations that you can install on items when crafting.

this will be a decent title to pick up a year from now with all the dlcs and all the updates to fix annoying shit, just like DA:I. DA:I is not a very good game, but it was worth 10 bucks for the GOTY edition.

two last DLC sure were wroth it, more like origin
main game is meh
first dlc is even worse
descent and trespasser are actually decent

>muh rebbit boogeyman

shut the fuck up

t. reddit

>mfw Sup Forums thinks the worst about Andromeda is the facial animations and not Good. You opened this message. This isn't actually asari military command. They're busy tending to what's left of their planet.
So you survived our fight on Thessia. You're not as weak as I thought. But never forget that your best wasn't good enough to stop me. Now an entire planet is dying because you lacked the strength to win. The legend of Shepard needs to be re-written. I hope I'm there for the last chapter. It ends with your death.

They could just literally shit out another ME3 with better story and some visual update and it would be decent
I dont understand

Basically immersion is how similar are your goals/mindframe and your character"s.

In something like WoW (when I played it, I don't know how it is now, it's just an example), you don't actually care about the 10 bear pelts and 20 bandits, you're trying to optimise xp progression by doing quests in a smart way.

In DA:O (witch I also haven't played in a long time so I won't get specific) there is much less variation between gameplay and plot progression, because of how the game is structured.

I'm not saying one is strictly better than the other, I'm just pointing out that DA:I and ME:A are getting closer to the MMO model when compared to their predecessor.

But getting exp and advancing in the game is always the reason I play them.
No game has had a good enough story to make me care about it.
Not that I'm seeking that.

ME1 was "decent". You retards have no standards whatsoever.

Solid 8.5/10.

ME1>ME3

Does it actually have RPG elements like the first game, or is it just a generic shooter with perks like 2 and 3?

Game isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, I honestly was expecting the worst of the worst. Its actually quite fun.

It has Passive and Active Skills like ME1.

It has far more than 2 and 3.
You have three types, combat, biotic and tech.
Each one has different abilities, and the classic ''improves damage/defense/whatever X%''
Then the different profiles give you a boost in certain aspects, and might affect things like movement.
Some classes make you turn invisible while boosting, others let you go through objects, etc.

>fun

completely subjective

Mass Effect is a series that can never reach it's peak, there's something always holding it back

>ME1 had the best story but had clunky TPS mechanics and boring exploration
>ME2 improved the base gameplay greatly but cut out all the exploration, the RPG mechanics and otherwise turned the game in GoW with talking. Still had some great writing with some of the series best subplots and side characters, shit main plot though.
>ME3 brougt back some of the RPG elements of the first and even improved them slightly. TPS mechanics were also improved slightly. Writing was absolute garbage though and the ending pissed off even the most diehard fanboys.
>ME:A brings the series back to it's roots and aims to be an improved version of the original, but is an absolute blunder technically and has some atrocious writing.

The four games have atrocious writing.
5 minutes into the franchise and they already drop you AN ANCIENT EVIL AWAKENS.

Nig, that's basically every BioWare game ever. That's not limited to Mass Effect.

Kill yourself.

is this a bait thread?
I can't believe Sup Forums is full of retards like this

the series has always been cliched but that doesn't make it bad.

unoriginal != bad
writing != general plot

Precisely making the entire trilogy based on one cliche after another is what made it atrocious.
Not to mention Harbinger has to be one of the worst videogame villains ever.
So bad he's practically absent from ME3.