How's that game coming along, user?

How's that game coming along, user?

>Fruityloops

but why

Austin Jorgensen made the entire soundtrack of Lisa in the trial version of Fruity Loops

>littlebigplanet

>Promised to finish a third of the game by the end of the year
>haven't even started
what motivates you

I've seen people talking about Source 2 being available but as far as I can tell you can't use it yet. Is there any idea when it might be available?

I just don't want to die before finishing it.

>Not wanting to fuck your friends over with your dick based projectiles

Working on my tiki save points and punching animations. Question, I know in platformers you're supposed to instantly snap to the animation to make it responsive, but if I give the player a wind up animation for punching will people complain? I mean, you're supposed to be vulnerable and its a punishment for running out of bullets.

I've been working on the 2nd boss all week. I know what I want to do with it, I just have to deal with the last few graphical glitches (aligning a laser with the gun mostly)

I think that's fine, but as long as it's not too long. The reward has to justify the risk.

I wanted to make a game,
but there's just too many things i still don't know yet.
and i feel like i will never complete it.

I wanted to kill myself for being so useless

I don't if its the gif but it seems too jittery and not as fluid

It's LiceCap + my amd card. It can't record worth shit unless I'm on my intel + nvidia laptop

You probably tried to put many things in your planned game, start small. You'll learn as you tinker with things.

Oh okay. Other than that it looks like it's coming together nicely!

I was inspired to change the first boss's behavior too, so there are more bullets than before

So is it more shumpish?

I found it too overwhelming to do everything alone,
including design, programming, drawing, musics,etc.

I'm just a programmer and an inexperience one too.
If only there was a tutorial for making games,
it doesn't have to be tutorials too,
I just need to know the Name of the techniques to use so i can google about them.
most of the time i feels like there's too much stuffs i'm doing in a complicated way. there must be a easier way others had tried doing.

It's like a mix between gauntlet + top down kill em all with a boss at the end of each of the four zones.

(gifs are only part of the screen since I'm too lazy to break out and configure obs)

Going alright. This kinda got swallowed up late last thread, so repostin.

Tight corridors leading up to the bosses. Ramming is not an optimal strategy.

reminds me of UN Squadron

It depends on the game engine you would use. Unity and more popular engines have plenty of documentation.

Is there a checkpoint system or when you lose all your lives it's back to the start, or do the levels not need them?

That's the idea. Not UN Squadron specifically, but that sort of era of shmups.

Arcade style. If you have continues, you continue on the spot. If you run out of continues, back to the title screen.

How far along is it?

All of the core mechanics are in place besides the homing powerup, I've been putting that off to long 1st level is mostly complete, 2nd miniboss is complete sans a couple of effects for attacks, and working on the end of level boss now. It's got pretty ugly placeholder graphics though, you'll see it in a week or two.

The first level in it's entirety as well as a bonus challenge for expert players will be available for demo day 14.

Almost done

Will the graphics keep the same aesthetic or something close?

Are the graphics the final or are they placeholders?

Same style. Some things will probably get retooled a little though, like some of the nosier backgrounds.

Got a site, tumblr or something?

shmoopdev.tumblr.com
inb4 every user points out the Akira reference again

Posting cute girls to keep thread alive

Earned a follow. Looks promising so far, hope you finish it.

Bampu

Just finished animating this one.

Source is not worth using unless you work at Valve

I just want to know when Source 2 will be available. And considering that we know nothing about it outside of Dota 2's port, which wouldn't really be taking advantage of the engine, it will be interesting to see what features it has if Valve would get off their asses and release it.

There's a paid version?

I've been using it a lot and I thought it looked rather complete. What is it missing compared to the full version?

From what I heard you can't re-open projects you've saved.

I see

I never found that out because I never get far enough to save