So the Quake Champions beta is supposedly tomorrow / Wednesday. How many emails did you use to sign up...

So the Quake Champions beta is supposedly tomorrow / Wednesday. How many emails did you use to sign up? What character are you most excited to play as? What characters/guns/maps/cosmetics are you hoping are added?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/QuakeChampions/status/846797612086898689
youtube.com/watch?v=6nOKMPyRGCs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I used one.

>So the Quake Champions beta is supposedly tomorrow / Wednesday

Got a source on that?

Based off dev interviews at PAX saying it'll be out "in a few weeks." Not entirely sure why people are claiming the 29th exactly but it's what I've been hearing everywhere. Even if it's not tomorrow it's right around the corner.

Well if that's the case I used one throwaway email that has 14 days left on it, so if I don't get an invite for this round I probably won't be bothered to try again. At this point I'm just interested in the core gameplay, not any particular champion.

If it does play out promising I hope to see some ctf action.

Yeah I can't wait to play some Quake CTF again, easily my favorite game mode.

There is also this

twitter.com/QuakeChampions/status/846797612086898689

god the new railgun is so shit i hope they let you switch to the Q2 one in the beta

You mean the model? If so, I agree. q2 rail and q1 rocket master race

I'm honestly just surprised they even added alternate weapon models. Thank god though as the only real complaint I had with QC so far was the awful gun designs.

>So the Quake Champions beta is supposedly tomorrow / Wednesday.
[citation needed]

I think you can switch the models to their q1/q2 counterparts

>tfw like duels but too low skill level to do it with anyone but friends

So far we've seen the Q1 RL, Q4 LG, and Quake Wars Railgun (which is ultimately an updated Q2 Railgun).

I've accepted that I won't get into the beta, considering i'm not an attention whore streamer who can market the game.

while it is easier to see if the railgun is ready to fire it looks like a minigun, and a lot of my friends thought so too.

if you went to PAX (I think) and signed up there you are in for sure. otherwise it's based on how quick you signed up.

>he didn't impress a quake duelist and get backstage access

What's wrong with you?

>he sucked a dick over videogames
lol!

You're not welcome on Sup Forums if you've never sucked a dick, faggot.

Yeah what are you gay :^)

No Cooller, Evil or Cypher.

Into the trash it goes.

>no Russian Overwatch players in an English-language Quake discord

Shocking. And you know Rapha won Quakecon, right?

soon

Lmao it has tf2 crates and shit

2 of them speaks english and Rapha won by beign a rat as always.

>evil should've automatically won because he has higher LG %!

lmaoing

>Quake Champions
so unnecessary

It's absolutely necessary, Quake will be actually genuinely dead in 5 years if something doesn't modernize it right now.

Very necessary. I was really into Q3 and QL but I simply got bored of it. I wouldn't mind something new brought to the table.

whats that fucking roblox?

Quake brain dead fans don't want it to be modernize.
They wanted people to play the years old game and praise it like it's their god.

game needs good maps not cosmetic crap, also please dont let us make servers so the game ends up revolving around one map.

I like how overwatch forces you to play all styles and maps and you dont really have a choice in the matter.

>Not wanting servers
You're part of the cancer killing fun in multiplayer shooters.

no i want proper ded and no p2p crap, i just want it more like OW, forcing a rotation so the game dosnt turn into 3 maps over and over again

>Quake brain dead fans don't want it to be modernize

This is really funny to read about, because you actually have it completely backwards. Almost everyone who likes Quake wants it changed, and almost everyone who has never played Quake wants it to stay the same, since they think that will give them 'gamer cred'.

>not Reflex

it also needs cosmetics otherwise it would be dead just like every other arena shooter.

QC will have enough players for this to not matter

this is so true it hurts

ya know that the players mostly decide what maps they play on.

Nyx's fertile cyborg womb!

>NuQuake is slo-

You probably tried to sign up with an email that you already used to sign up earlier. It doesn't give a confirmation email if you do that

i'm playing the new UT lately now new Quake coming out. great news.

People who are surprised by this don't realize that dev-released gameplay footage shows regular normie playstyle, because that's the target audience for the ad in the first place.

This.
Same shit happened with Doom.

There's no confirmation e-mail at all, see

>Doom turns out to be a fucking blast.
>UT looks to come along nicely.
>QC is true sanic speeds.

Nigga, we 1999 now

There is since a day ago, they recently added one.

just ignore the (95) on the end of this image, pay no heed

so the e-mails have been sent?

True successor of Unreal 1 when?

SOON
O
O
N

>Doom turns out to be a fucking blast
haha no

>UT looks to come along nicely.
vaporware

>QC is true sanic speeds.
yeah enjoy your overwatch with bhopping

What's wrong with Unreal 2? I thought it was a great sequel. More like Unreal 3 when?

>t. terrified CSGO player coming to terms with the fact that quake champions will eat the corpse of his dying game, then he'll have to play an actually skill-based fps

>Unreal 2
>let's make a Halo clone and slap it on the cover the Unreal name!
>it will work like a charm!

>Counter Strike in charge of dying

Take your medicine, grandpa.

any pic for the qw railgun?

Damn, Ranger is a turbo manlet.

He's just standing next to some Big Guys (for you) and some kind of tribal augmented assassin lady.

> implying the man who killed shubnigurat didn't make a new height standard.

user.. Quake is just trying to survive at this point, fantasizing about it taking over fps again is delusional.

>rapha and dahang
>playing overwatch

oh how the mighty have fallen

what discord is this, damn even LocKtar and fucking garpy are in there? super OG

Funny how few people know about the garpstro even though at his peak he was on fucking Everest

youtube.com/watch?v=6nOKMPyRGCs

Will normies be able to handle a true Quake Arena game?

didn't he quit HLDM to try and break into QL?

HLDM was amazing and he was a god, shame it's dead. HLDM > any quake imo

If there's a button they can press which lets them automatically have a small impact, probably. For some reason normies REALLY love 'press x to win' buttons.

yes but they don't want to learn.

really depends on how the skill matching works

IT'S NOT FAIR

>tfw hldm is dead
>tfw you will never have garpy's skills at arena fps
>you will never be able to gaussjump like garpy and fly around any map destroying people with godlike accuracy while flying in the air like a bird
>you will never see another new garpy HLDM fragmovie

Is this accurate?

>the only champion with cpm style movement is a glass cannon with barely any armor

god damn it I hate vq3

I just want to go fast without getting gibbed immediately, fuck you id

no battleborn was made by gearbox so switch it with paladins than switch battleborn with overwatch.

Having CPMA air movement when NO ONE ELSE does is fucking powerful though. In the alpha everyone played anarki, and nyx before she was nerfed.

i'm only worried about one thing WILL IT BE ON STEAM OR BETHS SHITTY LAUNCHER.

>scrubs will immediately start whining about anarki when the game is released and id will nerf him because overwatch kiddies can't deal with promode style sanic speed running circles around them

time for death

>mfw when QC has a press x to strafe jump button
Kill me.

Also I just learned that you can strafe jump in Star Wars Jedi Outcast. Fuck me for not knowing that sooner.

doubt it. Oh they will complain but we will kill them over and over and over.....

You can hold down spacebar to auto-jump, that's about all the help it gives you

hmmm

maybe you but not me

I only started playing qw and promode very recently and as an arena fps scrub I get throatfucked by hal9000, garpy, and locktar tier vets every time I find someone that will deign to duel me

I'd play a lot more but the activity isn't there. I'm not excited for this hero shooter garbage but maybe it will breathe some more life and new blood into aFPS because reflex is sure as fuck dead.

>baiting this bad

are people just assuming it's the 29th because of what zoot said on stream?

From what I heard, Tim Willets said 'march 29th' in the secret discord in reply to someone further up asking 'when is anarki website reveal', but they thought he was announcing the beta's date

In any case closed beta is soon, just probably not tomorrow. Within a week.

Doom was meh. Singleplayer was only decent and multiplayer went to shit before it even released
UT does look nice, but Paragon is getting all of Epic's love for some reason. I blame nvidia
QC looks decent, but I do agree that some significant design decisions were made to copy Overwatch

Overwatch launched a year ago, there is no way Quake Champions' design wasn't finalized long before that.

If anything it's trying to copy ASSFAGGOTS

I don't even understand the point you are trying to make with your last line.

You doing know what ASSFAGGOTS is?

I get it. He is saying the the abilities idea is copying the ASSFAGGOTS style of playable characters more than the similar thing from Overwatch due to time, but I disagree.
I would have said the same thing if it wasn't for the UI. The UI really does hammer in the Overwatch feel of things.

and you?

this game amazes me
it looks like a re-skin and FOV mod for q3a

when I watch the gameplay, it even looks like the physics were copy and pasted to this new engine

I guess that is good, because the game will play like the old one
but I am afraid people will not care at all

it is the ultimate Git Gud game, and current players don't care that much about any title

SAD

It's actually not even made in an id engine, it's made in this russian engine fucking no one else uses (not even the company that made it, they used unity for all their projects in the past years)

nice to know, thanks for the info

the game will be a pleasure to play, but dead in a matter of weeks

what I particularly don't like at all is the classes/champions... the whole overwatch thing

they should remake g3a with new HD artwork and levels, and call it a day

Well even if it was just a simple remake it would be dead just as fast.

You can do that in Quake live too but it slows your momentum down a shit ton, hopefully it's the same in QC.

>the game will be a pleasure to play, but dead in a matter of weeks

I don't think so, mostly everyone I know from Overwatch (grandmaster+ players) said they're gonna play this game

that sounds great
but do you think those guys are ready for the bunny hopping rail gunning fest that is q3a these days?

I am asking because I have never played overwatch, and I don't know a lot about it's complexity

I LOVE q3a, and I understand why people hate it in current year

Many of the top-level Overwatch players would do well in Quake I'm sure, it's very similar shooting-wise and the movement doesn't require that much adaptation