The last good Metal Gear game

the last good Metal Gear game

Thats not rising.

Anyways Peace Walker was garbage and was the beginning of the end for solid as a series.

>Metal Gear Game has in-cutscene QTEs
yeah, no

Nope. Depending on what style of Metal Gear you prefer, the best games and in the series are Sons Of Liberty and Phantom Pain. Sons Of Liberty for the older style stealth games where it's less open ended and more of a sort of pseudo-puzzle solving. Phantom Pain for open ended gameplay where you have fun trying out a large variety of different things in the sandbox. All other games do either one of these two, but not as well as these two.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with QTEs

>Phantom Pain
>Having better gameplay then 4

Enjoy your empty and boring vistas as you sprint for 10 minutes to clear your objective. I would rather play MGS4s short and sweet linear multi path gameplay over the phantom shit any day.

I like MGS3 and PW better than both tbqh. 2 had 10/10 beginning and end but a long terrible shit in the middle. MGSV was a joke after the novelty of the mechanics wore off. 3 is the best in the series for me and I still have fun playing it.

Rising had qtes

Not in my cutscenes

re4 did it fine

why not pw

They are all good, but which are great? Apart from ACID1 and 2 of course.

1-3 are great

Look, QTEs are only the tip of the iceberg.

And I don't expect RE4s cutscenes to last long so I don't let go of the controller. I expect movie with MGS.

I would tend to agree. I liked 4 for what it was: a huge cut scene to finish of the series. 5 was a decent open world game, but lacked focus (and the last third of the game).

Is it bad that peace walker is my favorite metal gear?

KOI NO YOKUSHIRYOKU

If 5 had been finished it would definitely be a 10 for me.

It is a perfectly valid opinion.

Alas we will never know what could have been, But imagine riding around in that badass tank.

What about it?

sounds pretty boring... the game already has a fuckhuge arsenal, seems like a silly thing to get upset over

Not upset, but they did tease it over 6 cutscenes only to go "sorry mate this is for off-screen missions only, but don't worry i'm sure your men will enjoy it"

If people can say MGS1 is their favorite then there's nothing wrong with PW being yours.

It's a metal gear game, you can never have too many cutscenes

whats wrong with MGS1?

It was the last metal gear game as far as i'm concerned because it was such a hunk of trash I refuse to touch anything that came out after it

dated gameplay and graphics

Like, really dated, they weren't even that good for it's time either.

Nothing particular which i believe was the point.

I'm about 4 hours into Snake Eater. I like it a lot.

You are missing out on some pretty good games.

Do not read spoilers, faggot, in fact, the less you come here the better.

Big boss kills dumbledor!

MGS2=MGS3>MGS1>MGS4>MGSPW>MGSV

Here's where you're wrong

Fuck this game

just use a pen

>Doesn't put "Solid" after "Metal Gear"
>Ignores MGR: Revengeance

rising was shit

:^)

I played the HD console version and got lucky by finding an old turbo control that I had forgot about

shit, i hate that part too

i got through it using a spoon

Nah it was dope, silly but awesome.

2>5>3>1>4>psp trash

MGS1's gameplay is actually pretty good, there just isn't much of it because the game is more of a boss rush than it is focused on sneaking. I prefer MG2 and GB to MGS1 for this reason, but MGS1 holds up well.

Kind of odd they kept those in. I guess they needed a narrative excuse to keep Huey busy.

>peace walker
>good
pick one

>good Metal Gear game
Umm no Metal Gear is trash sweetie

True that. It's the "real" MGS5 for me, and all around was a pleasant surprise. Got 300+ hours on my OG save on PS3 at the moment.

Shit taste.
PW (HD) is almost as good as MGS3:S

The visual style is great, and holds up surprisingly well thanks to the high contrast, stylized visuals.

Gameplay is LITERALLY better than even in MGS2, because it technically plays like a top-down 2D shooter, which makes it easier to follow and control. No pressure sensitive bullshit or survival-horror camera angles either.

I pick both, because I'm not some beta cuck

MGS3 my absolute favorite and the best MGS I've played.

peace walker is the true mgs 5. phantom pain is a fucking joke and ground zeroes is it's sole redeeming factor.

This.