Beat Darksiders last night. Played Darksiders II today. Reserving final judgment, but this is how sequels should be...

Beat Darksiders last night. Played Darksiders II today. Reserving final judgment, but this is how sequels should be. Feels fresh as fuck and exciting, not derivative and safe.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rsMhlFFQzj0
youtube.com/watch?v=XuuApJ0YFgk
youtube.com/watch?v=KKXdMs5i3BY
youtube.com/watch?v=rER8Li8ZTP0
youtube.com/watch?v=9yIwPovQKxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=oBFGKoHJhNs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Answer me, you swines.

Keep playing user....just....keep playing...

Where did you stop?
The maker lands level is awful, the death world is good, the angel city is boring but okay and the Demon castle is too fucking short.
The ending underwhelming as fuck.

At least we got Simon Templeman

Great game, did you get the Deathinitive Edition at least?

I just activated the forge or whatever the fuck. Working on the Tears of the Mountain. Having a blast. I love the loot system. Even if the game ultimately falls short, this is how sequels should be made.

Yeah.

Keep going user

I don't plan on stopping, lol. Just wanted to express my feelings on the general design. Crazy how refreshing it is, even after coming off the first one literally last night. Shit like Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (as a random example) is the definition of derivative and safe. This feels totally different.

KEEP GOING!

Oh, I just know you're gonna enjoy what's coming user. Have any favorite secondary?

I'm using Dark Avenger or whatever the fuck. I prefer the dual scythes, but I'll use a big scythe if I can find one. Went the Teleport Slash route, even though I'm usually more of a necromancer guy.

can never 100% the original version of DS2 due to stupid gifting achievement and servers are dead af.

If I could I'd screech like a autist right now.

Love me some Darksiders though, hope 3 is as good or better than 1 & 2.

S'cool, you know how to counter with that buckler? Death doesn't block, but he does the next best thing.

It's pretty good OP and I enjoyed it more than Darksiders but it's almost a completely different type of game. Darksiders 1 was fucking tedious and Darksiders 2 you can stunlock fucking everything to death with relative ease.

No. I don't. Tell me about it.

Darksiders is the opposite of tedious, but you're entitled to your opinion. I'm playing on the hardest setting, so hopefully that last statement you made doesn't ring true.

>Darksiders is the opposite of tedious

Whatever you say user.

But that boss was easy as fuck, even on the hardest setting. The fuck you on about?

>No. I don't. Tell me about it.
I won't be much help about it since somehow the moment I read your reply I fucking forgot about it, but there's a button you hold and Death summons a magic circle in front of the buckler. Once an enemy hits you, let go of that button, and the circle smashes while Death smashes his buckler on the fucker's face. Works nice if you have lifesteal. You'll know it works if suddenly time slows down

Sorry wrong one lol. Memory failing me. Granted we are on a board that worships Dark Souls tedium so maybe you and I just have different definitions.

I really hate the earth mission and how the story ultimately goes nowhere. One of the best intro levels I've played though.

Sweet. I'll try that shit when I play again tonight. If it's not unlocked, I'll figure it out. I check the moves menu all the time.

That boss was also easy as fuck on the hardest setting. I died maybe five or six times. Also, it was fun.

That armour looks sick as fuck, man.

Tedious =/= difficult

>tedious
>too long, slow, or dull: tiresome or monotonous.

And to each their own, but you are literally the first person I've talked to that didn't think that boss was gay as fuck

Yea, I love the series' art style. Eagerly awaiting the third.

I fucking hated Darksiders2. I hated the loot, most of the weapons felt like shit. Movement was stiff, world was empty but nice looking. The whole game was get me 3 fetch quests, so I can send you on 3 more fetch quests, which will lead to 3 more fetch quests. Dust or whatever the bird was called was zero help. He would point me the wrong direction multiple times. A shame since I loved the first Darksiders, but I had to force myself to finish 2. Final boss was also shit.

How the fuck can such a short boss fight be considered tedious? You're entitled to your opinion, but I completely disagree. Only way the original Darksiders could be tedious in my mind is if you go for every secret without a guide, which is what I plan on doing.

Genuinely agree, but I'm afraid for the sequel. Darksiders III won't have even half the budget the first two games had. I'd rather the series die than have a shitty third game.

Keep going, it gets even better.

Also be careful going into The Scar (optional dungeon that people often stumble into). You need to be level 17 or so.

user...

OP here. Dust does seem useless as fuck so far. I'd like more interaction with the bird.

youtube.com/watch?v=rsMhlFFQzj0
>Short

That fight was at least 5 minutes user.

>darksiders
>not derivative

user, I...

You obviously don't play actual challenging games. Five minutes breeze of a boss fight =/= smashing your face against Laura for an hour playing The Evil Within on AKUMU.

Not derivative of the first game, moron.

Problem is last zones got heavily axed during development because of THQ's situation so they were trimmed to what is essentially a TPS section and one big puzzle with a boss at the end.

I dislike how it was obviously designed by a committee just incorporating all the popular elements at the time, but it's a good solid game otherwise. It helps that Death actually was a proper character compared to War.

What? Nordic has all but confirmed it at this point. Really worry is WHO is developing the damn thing.

lrn 2 counter
makes tiamat piss easy, taking no damage at all

>You obviously don't play actual challenging games.

>Laura took the same amount of time for me.
>Look up a Laura vid.
>It's nearly the same amount of time.

youtube.com/watch?v=XuuApJ0YFgk

Or you are trying to stroke your ego for some reason?

lrn 2 read

I never said she was hard. I said she was tedious.

THQ Nordic now own the rights to Darksiders, and Vigil Games.

They are partnering with Airship Syndicate, which is the new studio of Joe Mad (creator of Darksiders) to publisher Battlechasers: Nightwar.

So basically THQ Nordic has a good relationship with the old Darksiders core team.

youtube.com/watch?v=KKXdMs5i3BY

Actually looks like a decent little JRPG, btw.

countering at every opportunity with tiamat makes it a 2-cycle fight at minimum
which is not tedious, or hard. it's like five minutes. and you dont have to be a speedrunner autist to do it either, just get good.

What part of AKUMU don't you understand? You get killed in one hit, retard.

Is the second game actually not shit?

Its a bad game with few a good aspects but most were just improvments from the first

Did anyone else sequence break the last boss by running around the arena, into the back room for a cutscene and then go back into the arena to spawn the last boss.

Maybe it wasn't last but second to last, it's been 4 years.

Last boss was easy as fuck though with my health steal, health on hit and wrath on hit weapons...

>health on hit and wrath on hit weapons...
my nigga

>Darksiders 3 never ever

youtube.com/watch?v=rER8Li8ZTP0

jesper kyd nailed the soundtrack so much

I like how darksiders 1 is a lot like OoT or Twilight princess and darksiders 2 evolves it in a similar way to BotW. Just with faster, more brutal hack n slash combat.

Would be interesting if DS3 took a majoras mask approach with one of the other horsemen.

youtube.com/watch?v=9yIwPovQKxQ

i had expected it to be more dark and grim for death's game, but it grew on me

>It helps that Death actually was a proper character compared to War.

why was death such a cool guy?

>this is no place for a horse

youtube.com/watch?v=oBFGKoHJhNs

Are these games actually good and worth playing?

yes

and also they are pretty cheap at sale

>this is no place for a horse
When this game came out I wanted to push this as a meme, but could never be bothered.

A picture of Death would have been a great antithesis to all the MLP shit that was being spammed at the time.

Is that RAGE?

It will suffer the same problems but when it's good, fuck is DS2 amazing
On the same boat as you

>tfw realizing I fucked up by not picking the necromancer path.
>tfw realizing it's not too late to respec.

I never went down the right side of the talent tree, I just wanted Death to be an unstoppable, teleport slashing, spectral scythe spinning, badass.

Why not?

>that last boss

if it's one thing I remember about this game it's that the last boss was the most disappointing non-QTE boss fight I can remember

It's mostly because the boss right before it was the toughest thing in the game and then the final boss' HP count was just total garbage.

Love this game but absolutely hate the doge mechanic.

Got fucked over way too many times because of the camera or how imprecise the doge registers.

Still love it especially it's art design

What are some Darksiders1/2-like games available on PC?

Edgelord game with WoW graphics

you'd be surprised

test

FIGHT ME

Wait, who did he voice? I can't recall at all but I've only played DS2 once during release.

Also, DS2 really starts off great. It even has a pretty good middle game. The end sequence though? Lmao.