Final Fantasy Type-0

Is it any good?

It lets you spam blizzard and levels you up pretty fast over time other then that, not really worth your time.

one of the worst and most overhyped entries in the franchise ever. Also terrible writing just like FF15 it's almost like they were done by the same guy.

The person that wrote Type-0 had nothing to do with 15.

It's better on PSP desu.

It's a poor mans try for an high school action anime. Overall pretty shit but has a nice ending cutscene and a couple good waifus. Characters are mostly not insufferable if that can be counted as a plus, ey-yo-guy was hilarious with his wooden personality. It has the shittiest giga-ass shiva on rollerblades and a terrible story. It's only worth playing if you want to see just how terrible Tabata is at making games.

>15 characters
>Can only level up 3 at a time
>This didnt get fixed in the HD version

why

It has girls in ribbed knee-highs, which is surprisingly rare in vidya.

Other than that no.

Tabata is involved with both games try again.

I dropped it after about 3 hours. But I think im just over jrpgs. Interesting mechanics but painfully executed.

Tabata is not a writer.

It's pretty great.

It shows.

He was the director

Typical assignment for a vidya director:
>Being responsible for the overall look and feel of a computer game
>Overseeing any high-level decisions that affect how the game plays, looks or sounds
>Ensuring the quality and style of the gameplay, artwork, music and audio assets

He failed at almost all of them, what a great guy.

Also just found out he directed 3rd birthday. Is he the antithesis for king midas or something? Everything he touches turns to shit instead of gold.

He wasn't a writer on either Type-0 or XV you idiot. Hiroki Chiba who wrote and directed WoFF was the writer on Type-0.

Nojima did the original story with Nomura for XV and Itamuro, Ishibashi, Nishida modified that initial story as the writers.

But that's wrong. There are many cases where a director has nothing to do with the story and only handles actual production to make sure asset creation and things are coming together.

Toriyama wrote 3rd birthday.

The battles are kind of fun and there are lots of different characters with different playstyles that keep things interesting. However, the story is the most dull slog in any video game I've ever played and the voice acting is just as bad, so if that stuff is your main concern don't even consider it.

He's there to assure the game doesn't turn out shit. He failed at every single instance. There's really no defending it, he's incompetent at his job.

Except no, he's just there to ensure the game gets released. Games are a team effort, not just a one person thing you idiot. And XV was fantastic.

You have literally no idea about game development if you think the director doesn't have the last word in just about anything. I would fucking LOVE if Tabata would only lean back and let everyone does his thing but apparently he makes doubly sure that everyone puts out a massive turd instead.

He's incompetent, get over it.

You literally have no idea about development if you think everything is about the director and not the whole team involved. There are FF games where the producer was even more incharge of things than the person credited as director.]

If you even read a single interview Tabata did about the dev team you'd know he literally employed a work environment where everyone was equal and had their equal input and say on the game which he stated was a restructure from how the old games were made where one person was in charge of everything.

I tried playing it. couldn't understand anything.

>voice acting is just as bad
>playing with dubs made by whito piggu

I really wanted to like but couldn't. Kinda sad because style of a game is cool.
Had the same with FFXV. XV is worse though.

It's a portable grinding game.

What is there to understand? It's rather standart weeb fantasy world.

the gameplay.
what's the significance of having 3 party members when you only mostly just use the Ace guy

I understand I'm pretty much asking for my hand to be held, but the game just doesn't really make you feel good about anything you do at the start.
as in, there's not much of a tutorial at all.

Well, the compromise is to not hold it against Tabata, but Type-0 and XV are shit.

> he literally employed a work environment where everyone was equal and had their equal input and say on the game which he stated was a restructure from how the old games were made where one person was in charge of everything.
How is that relevant? If that didn't cause the poor quality of the game, there's no point in mentioning it, and if it did, then it's ultimately his fault.

Because it literally goes against your previous bullshit assessment that he was in charge of everything when the development structure he used for XV goes against everything you are trying to say. And XV is great, go fuck yourself.

I'm not gonna waste my time changing the subs for a shit game story I don't care about so I have to actually look at the screen when a cutscene is happening.

It's an incredibly divisive game. All I can really say is that if you want to try it yourself, download the fan patch instead of HD. The official localization is inferior, and HD looks arguably worse than the original on emulator.

>your previous bullshit assessment that he was in charge of everything
That was actually somebody else. Still, if he wasn't in charge of everything, he was still responsible for it.

>And XV is great, go fuck yourself.
Nope. I don't think there's a point in debating this, and maybe the game is better than its received here, (though it's less underrated than many other games here), but the major problems with the game don't go away just because you have a low tolerance for them.

If you're not even going to acknowledge what's being said then stop posting.

Never finish it because the combat got boring quickly since you have so few abilities and can only use 3 at a time.

How am I not acknowledging it? I didn't read the entire previous conversation, and maybe the other poster was arguing that he was "in charge" of anything, and I suppose that is different from him being responsible for it, but it doesn't make his performance any better. If all a director had to do was change management style to that of consensus to escape blame, almost all of them would do it.

>not developing an ability to read with your periferic vision
>playing weeb games
Pick one.

It's a bit overwhelming since you start the game with like 15 party members all of which use different weapons and have different abilities. It also has a time limit system where you can only do X things per day before a story mission happens.

Fat mace girl is best girl

Alexander cutscene was absolutely amazing.

It's okay. It has handheld limitations. Somewhat grindy. Characters are pure shit. Some anime grimdarkness. Combat is good for the most part (sort of like Dissidia without aerial stuff) but kill sight was a mistake.

It has a lot of content, I enjoyed my time with it because I liked the setting but it's far from good.