Australians of Sup Forums, how do you afford your games?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banned_video_games_in_Australia
twitter.com/AnonBabble

By having a job and not buying from EB Games

They get paid for shitposting in relative to the amount of (you)

Trade in old shit for like 10-20 off and keep the odd game that is a "classic"

Also buying a gen late is a valid way of a getting a 50-100 dollar console and sub 10 dollar games

>cunny

cuties

With our superior wages.

By not buying AAA new release trash. BOTW was the first full-price game I've bought in years.

>how do you afford free games?

with a job

Centrelink and smart buying

shes qt

Pirating or using centrelink on Ozgameshop.com

housesharing.
$900/week split four ways is $225 a fortnight. throw in bills, food, etc, plus vices like cigarettes, booze, clubbing, and that still leaves me with enough neetbucks to buy one full-priced game a fortnight or a few discounted games.

consoles aren't much different. it only took me a month and a half to set aside enough cash to get a ps4 off ebay

>implying I buy games or even play games

all my money from working goes to fueling my various addictions. oh and paying rent and food or whatever.

It's not exactly rocket science.

>Drive forklift for a living

>Make $50 an hour

>AAA release literally costs less than what I earn taking a couple of shits at work each day.

how do i get a job?
do those job sites really work?

i dont want to go on centrelink

This

Steam & Humble Bundles keep me going

Uh, how do you get that much from neetbucks? And how do you tolerate house sharing? I can barely stand having close neighbours.

Fuck no, half of them are chinese scams to get your details, other half are to scam backpackers and pay them barely anything. Your best bet is to have friends/family that know people who can employ you or go to uni and get friendly with as many of your field's higher ups as you can.

>own pc more powerful than all my friends
>bought a ps4 at launch
>bought a switch at launch
>some friends better off than me say they cant afford buying games
>i'm on centrelink

>how do i get a job?
have a friend or relative who is relatively high-up at some workplace and ask them to pull strings to get you hired

More importantly, how do you play online games with such shit internet, and being so far from other first world countries (New Zealand doesn't count)? Do you just play with a really high ping with Indonesians?

>playing games online

MMOs are fine, shooters hit and miss, fighting games impossible unless they're popular enough to have australian players.

>how do you get that much from neetbucks?
applied for rent assistance. I get like $620 a fortnight plus an occasional energy supplement

and I was already friends with all three people I moved in with, and we're all emotionally intelligent people, so fights are virtually nonexistant.

oh

would i be better off on centerlink?

>$620 a fortnight plus an occasional energy supplement

Literally how? Tisms? Aboriginal? I couldn't even get 1/4th of my rent from centerlink and did full time uni.

>would i be better off on centerlink?

No, you'd be better off getting some basic skills and earning more in a single day of work than lazy faggots earn in a fortnight and without having to put up with the bullshit and embarrassment of Centrelink.

you do know most of the online games for norms were made hitscan so they can ditch dedicated servers, shoehorn quickmatch p2p and call it a day right?

nobody here gives 2 fucks about online

>MMOs are fine

That's the one genre that isn't fine. Unless you play wow you are stuck with 300+ ping.

I don't play video games

Yeah but it's hardly noticeable, just make a few mental adjustments for AOE timings and you're good. Unless you play PvP in which case you deserve crippling lag.

On 70K, still steal games, only pay for shit I really enjoy

When you think about it, it's sad Canada not only surpassed us within a year but they've reached levels we never have.

I import them from the UK which including shipping costs is typically ~$40 cheaper than buying locally. The only downside is waiting 1-2 weeks for them to arrive.

In general, people don't afford them. That's why we have one of the world's highest piracy rates.

BRIS
A
N
E

Not sure why this happens but prices of physical copies in retail stores fluctuate a lot. I brought Horizon at launch for $69 which is like $52 US. Sometimes they launch even cheaper, I brought Advanced Warfare a couple years ago at launch for $58AU

>how do you play online games
I don't.

Where the fuck are you finding those prices?

I bought some Vegemite the other day.

How do I eat it without looking like a dumbass American? I asked someone earlier and they told me "don't ever think you need more."

The extra ping is simply a bonus to show my superior skill over the north hemisphere.

I sell a shit ton of weed.

>shitting multiple times a day

user, are you alright?

>eating Vegemite

Sell the organs of the guys I punch out at the pub brawls.
Me best mates kidney went for like $90 last week, now I can finally play BOTW.

You get a piece of toast, you butter it and then you lighting spread the vegemite on top.

A grilled cheese with vegemite is also amazing.

Lightly butter a slice of toast, and then spread vegemite on top. Start out with very little if you're a poofter, or slather it on if you're a man's man.

Fuck off yank, this is an Aussie thread

>user, are you alright?

12-16 hour shifts, lots of caffeine.

>How do I eat it without looking like a dumbass American?

With a spoon, how else?

You throw it in the bin and go buy some peanut paste.

I usually wait for the price to go down

Or

Buy a game digitally when its super cheap and go halves with my brother because we borrow accounts

Steam sales, key sites, russian VPN, humble bundles/monthly, made sure to clue in friends and family how to look up my steam wishlist for birthdays
some people here are aware of the beer economy but after i do i job for someone ill request a game instead, sometimes works

heaps of butter
not much vegemite, like freckles on someone, fuck all.

it's not a spread like pb, it's a concentrated extract

Easy, get on disability bux. All you have to do is say you have anxiety and get suicidal thoughts when looking for a job because it stresses you out. They CAN"T kick you off if you say you might kill yourself. Easy money bros, try it.

Vegemite a shit.
British Marmite master race.

Netherworld tomorrow night y/n?
I am a cute 9/10 waifu who is bad at games.

i dont want to, i hate centerlink and want to get off it, but dont have a choice until i have surgery on my arm
they don't consider what i have to be a disability, despite the inability to use a right arm

>not picking the first one
unaustralian

mate they dont give a shit unless you have schizophrenia lol

Never buy off of steam, psn, ebgames, etc. Places like that always overprice. Instead buy pc games from key sites and console games are usually cheap at places like big w, target, etc. Most of the time it is even cheaper than the us price.

Theyre both correct you bloody drongo

fuck off back to melbourne

PIracy unless I can find it for a non-Australian price

Whatever you do, don't be an idiot and eat it from a spoon, that would be like drinking straight cordial.

Target and Big W mostly

Guys it's supposed to be autumn. Why is it still so warm that my PC overheats playing Nier

I don't

I summon Pauline,
destroy this disgusting parasite

Buy a fucking air conditioner.

>PC on the floor
You fucking mongoloid.

Sure, I've got one, but power costs money bro. My GTX 780 already draws as much power as 3 air conditioners

A recent change, I'll organise something to put under it soon to reduce dust buildup. I overestimated how large my new desk was going to be.

why would you have it on your desk? you don't need to look at it or be able to touch it often

Go to Home Depot, buy a wooden shelf (your choice of color) that's big enough for your PC to sit on, bring it home, and put it beneath your fucking PC, user.

fix'd

I often do, but that's beside the point. You don't put your PC on the floor because that'll get it filled with dust far faster than keeping it on a desk.

That's the plan. Will a shelf like that elevate it enough?

By playing online only rarely and makimg sure to join American servers so I can provide them with awe and frustration as they get stomped by some cheeky cunt teleporting around the map.

Fuck off normalfag.
You are nothing but a wageslave who is stupid enough to feel good about putting on a collar and sitting on command.

m8, centrelink will make you look for work anyway. There's no getting out of it, you might as well get the dole while you're applying for the same 10 jobs you're not qualified to do over and over.

No, using a shelf or a board like that purely serves to get a tower off of being directly on the carpet. You'll have to get somewhat clever if you want to get some height or create a nice space beneath your rig.

Not enough LEDs.

>$15 minimum wage
are games in Aussietown overpriced because the government is known to ban offensive games? why would anyone in Australia be financially unstable EVER? I'd work a part time job for 20 hours for the rest of my life @ $15

cuz food and rent is way more expensive here

Aw yeah, that's useful. Saved in case I ever need to instruct a Yank how to Vegemite.

It's funny that this is actually a thing that I need to prepare for but it's happened before and will happen again, I know it.

straight vegemite and straight cordial are both the snacks of champions though (in small doses)

Standard of living is more expensive in Ausland iirc. It's probably easier to live on minimum over than say, America, but $15/hr over there isn't going to get you a nice, cozy condo and hobby money or anything like that.

Yeah, I need some blue ones to even out the high power but high heat output of the red one

What does Vegemite even taste like?

Minimum wage in australia is only $13USD.

>Marmite
>fucken Marmite
Fark orf cunt

like beer on toast

>why would anyone in Australia be financially unstable EVER? I'd work a part time job for 20 hours for the rest of my life @ $15
Australian living costs are very high. We pay upwards of $250 a week for a shitty one bedroom flat hours from a city, as an example.
We have one of the highest living costs on the planet, far, far above places like the USA.
If you're an American, fuck off.

>"only" 13 USD
>people are still struggling
their economy fucking sucks then

salty yeast

Concentrated nastiness

fuck me dead lads bought bf1 at Target for $69 a week after release, get pretty into it but my shithouse internet made it unbearable.

Live in Perth and finally get NBN it makes playin bf actually pretty fun. first DLC comes out and the cunts want me to get premium? $59?!?!
Thats a fucken daylight robbery cunt, how do you expect me to buy my benny n hedges 25s, a carton of $49 super dry and then enough to get cunted with the boys at a club on weekends?

fml bois ;_;

>are games in Aussietown overpriced because the government is known to ban offensive games?
We really don't ban many games, and RC also isn't an explicit ban as things can still be imported to most states.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banned_video_games_in_Australia
The reason our games are so expensive comes down to a few reasons. The primary reason for physical releases is massive distribution costs due to us having 1/15 the population of the US in roughly 5/6 the landmass. Digital games should be cheaper but remain expensive due to 1. publishers who overcharge because they can get away with it and are happy to jew the customers and 2. retailers who put pressure on the other publishers to not make their digital prices competitive with retail stores, as publishers can't afford to lose out on the retail sales.

>why would anyone in Australia be financially unstable EVER?
Because our minimum wage is offset by our extremely high cost of living, and Australia has a comparatively lower purchasing power than the US as a result of this.

Sounds reasonable. Is it something people apply purely for taste or does it offer any decent nutrition?