Your favorite book is now a video game

>Your favorite book is now a video game

Would it be good?
Mine would not be good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hr5nvr7gj9Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No.

Favourite book is Treasure Island, and I think it could be done well. Basically start as a kid and go on this epic (actual epic, not faggy overused epic) adventure with pirates and scumbags. Semi-open world. Linear sections. Light RPG elements. Treasure maps. Strong narrative that's not afraid to be dark and gloomy sometimes. Only problem is nailing the profound sense of adventure.

>Dune
I guess it has some okay games. Kinda want some modern RTS out of it though.

>the ASOIAF series

It could be good if it was developed by the right companies and enough attention was put into it. Its something I really want.

>hardcore fights were one slip up means death
>shit load of lore
>house alignment system
>sailing
>army controlling mechanic
>betrayal lurking around every corner

>that curve at the end of the lip
Why is this cute to me

Because you're a disgusting pedo???

Metro series.
OK bad example, I'll go with my second favourite book.

The Forever War
>Cowadoody clone
>Everything is 1-hit kill
>Most of the game is sitting round doing fuck all
>Canon waifu
GOTY

What does a curve at the end of a lip have to do with being a pedophile?
I'm pretty sure lolita is some kind of gothic way of dressing but i'm talking about the lip.

>Catch-22
I want to say it'd be really good but I know it'd probably be some Telltale Games Presents: Catch-22 bullshit

Lolita is a book about a middle-aged man falling in love and grooming a 12 year old girl.

Dune 2000 was pretty good. I'd like to see a newer one too though. What do you think of the new dune movie that was announced?

>I'm pretty sure lolita is some kind of gothic way of dressing
please PLEASE read a book
any book

Lolita is a book about a pedophile lusting after and later sexually abusing a 13-14 year old girl.

The girl consented to it all and did it on purpose so she could blackmail him into giving her whatever she wanted.

I've never read the book but that's pretty bad,
So lolita isn't a gothic clothing? What the fuck

>The Martian Chronicles

I don't know if it would be good but I'd love to play it.

Life With A Slave -Teaching Feeling

So its just a reboot of Lolita

>there are people that have never heard of Lolita
It was a clothing style after the book

Didn't know they were making another. I hope they do it justice.

I mean the Blade Runner game already exists but still

Could be great but I would not be looking forward to the ending.

No, what you're talking about is literally called Gothic Lolita.

That's not pedophilia that's ephebophilia.

Still fucked up, though.

Being directed by the guy who did Sicario, Arrival and the new blade runner coming out. I'm hoping it'll be good but I still think it'd be better served by a series, like GoT.

>Believing the unreliable narrator

Cautious, though I didn't know they announced a new one. Dune is pretty damn tricky to adapt to the screen, but I guess a good director can at least make it decent.

I imagine it'd be sorta like that level in Titanfall 2 where you jump back and forth through time, but way more elaborate.

>he actually believes Lolita is a story about a man being bamboozled by a child seductress
oh wow desu

>Tfw Vonnegut lived 5 minutes from me
>Tfw I only learned after he died so I never got to go talk to him

Oh my, well you learn something new every day huh?
youtube.com/watch?v=Hr5nvr7gj9Q
Ok i guess

The main character literally states he goes for girls between the ages of 9 and 14. He likes girls that are just starting puberty. Most people use pedophillia for anything below age of consent anyway.

t. never read it

Dolores is quite obviously using humbert until she can find someone else to use. She quite happily went along with everything until she had a chance to run away and get married (at 16)

Favorite book is "Look me in the eye". I relate to it because I have aspergers. I don't see how it could be a game.

>we'll never get Jodorowsky's Dune

I'm not going to say you didn't read it but you may as well not have to get such a shallow and face-value read out of Lolita and missed the whole point of who Humbert is by sympathizing with him.

>The Egyptian
You would get to adventure around on ancient Egypt. No combat through, but I could see some point n Click puzzle solvin

I don't sympathize with him, both he and dolores were going along with it for their own reasons.

Humbert initiated it and is still the worse of the two morally.

Probably would make a better game than Lolita but I have no idea how this would work
Would be fucked up though

It would go from fucking amazing to terrible. Spikes of awesome battles, magic, adventure, and intrigue. Amazing characters, a sweeping epic, and the deepest lore you could ever imagine.

But in between the spikes of that stuff is HOURS of exposition and information-padding. Around 2/3 of your way through the game, there's a huge genre/playstyle twist that works thematically, but as for gameplay, it'd take a hit. For instance, until 2/3 in, you were fighting a certain way, killing and shit, blood everywhere... but then, you hit that fucking 2/3 point, and suddenly it's basically charisma/stealth missions. No killing anymore. Talk your way out of stuff. Gather your party. Walk a lot. Maybe do some sailing. And that's it.

Luckily, the last chapter of the game is an epic finale that brings back what you did at first, 10x. Monsters, demons, world-ending battles, swords, magic, blood, explosions, and pits of hellfire. Wonderful. And the ending makes me cry.

I'd play it. There'd be a lull, but I'd certainly play it.

Oh, the book? It's The Bible

I want to read that book, but I understand that it has some issues with the writing style that make it a better scholastic piece than a recreational read.

My choice
>cold war era fear
>doomsday
>supernatural powers
>the devil among us
>an army of lunatics on a march of destruction
>layers upon layers of narrative
>rich and diverse characters

I'd main the shit out of Engels.

>he wouldn't be seduced by this seamen demon

Can't say it's my favourite, but I always thought this would be a good game.

Did you completely miss the chapters where Humbert's frilly prose breaks down and you get a glimpse of how miserable Dolores was? The book features a textbook unreliable narrator.

alienation the game

I thought magic was heretical

>press x to kill the autarch

Green eggs and ham could really make something good.

Gods or no gods? Any magical shit?

Dolores was going along with it because she was a child with a dead mom living with her rapist and sole supporter. Humbert bribes her with favors she wanted, yeah, that's part of grooming, but that doesn't change the fact that he was blackmailing her into a relationship using her lack of life experience and ability to be responsible for herself

I read it a few years ago, I'll give it another slower read

>biology-induced social paralysis simulator
I imagine the game could work as some kind of city-builder only it's impossible to actually accomplish anything and the real game is finding out why nothing works without going insane or being killed.

>press X to commence an unprovoked lecture on Thomasian theology to a stranger

would make for a great sci-fi version of witcher 3

It could be good.
We have the technology.
>play as different main characters depending on the situation
>fully fleshed out combat for Molly
>fully fleshed out hack-combat for Case
>press X not to go mad sections for Corto
I dig it.

You sound like your selling the religion to kids who were forced to go to a bible camp

But for real, wayyyy to many protagonists and story arcs that last only a few pages, unless you isolate the choice stories of people doing bad, have a brief skim of jesus and then go absolutely nuclear with angles and demons for the second half with a 6edgy4me evangellion anime ending

Theologically, it's a sin. Gameplay-wise, I mean, call it "Spirit Power" or something and it's fine. Like, what else would you call

> Moses turning staffs (THE GAME HAS STAFFS!?) into snakes
> Elijah calling down Fire from Heaven
> The parting of the dead sea
> Jesus resurrecting
> Speaking in tongues
> Samson's super strength
> etc?

Heresy is a weird thing. Magic is really just a sin, though. Like all the other sins. God views them all the same, but I imagine dabbling in magic has more real, scarier consequences. In "SCRIPTURA - THE GAME" though, it'd be fine.

I imagine it kinda like deus ex but with different protagonists and a different scope

Technically your interpretation isn't 100% wrong since it's kind of the point to ask, at many points, if Humbert really is being honest or not. Humbert is literally using grooming techniques in his narration on the reader to make himself out seem like the victim

need more info, please

Not sure if it would make a good game to be honest, it would probably just be another survival game.

I imagine it being The Last of Us with a boy child instead of a girl child, and ruffians rather than zombie spore shitters.

I hope this is bait.

Why would you need a video game to be a jobless NEET

Motherfucking harry potter

I hate the story, I hate the characters and I hate the way that it is written

But my god, the setting is a perfect mix of british wackyness, silliness and fun and it is beyond me how a fuckwit like Rowling didn't sell the idea to more capable authors

People say the fourth book is the worst because it does nothing for the story and that's why I will always think it is the best, that whole fucking beginning of the world cup, going into detail on international wizards and just completely random "slice of life" shit that explored the universe

Literally impossible to translate to any visual medium. The book's selling point is worldbuilding through the eyes of an unreliable narrator, if you leave nothing to viewer's/reader's interpretation by outright showing them what the described things are, you're killing the premise. Good book, though,

> Discworld series
Point and click Discworld 3 when? Get Eric Idle in it again. John Cleese too, if you can.

Eh I'd play it. A more grounded The Last of Us sounds kind of nice and sufficiently depressing.

I get memed all the time for liking Koontz but damn it, this and Velocity are so good to me. This would make a horrible game though. I could see David Cage doing it since Beyond Two Souls is similar in a way.

Not sure how this game would work unless it was something like a VN. Great book though, one of my favorites.

Currently half way through this book. It got a lot slower after the main chunk about Navidson ended.

Legitimately one of the strangest and hardest to follow books I've read, but I also loved it.

I don't have a favorite single book, but Stephen King's Dark Tower series would make a great fantasy western. Like Red Dead Redemption+Fallout.

>Koontz
Velocity is great.
Where do you stand on By The Light Of The Moon, if you read it?

>50 shades of grey

Pretty good but you ask me

I dont see how.

> walk through emptiness

> walk through more emptiness

> die

Not my absolute favorite book of all time but it could make a pretty neat game. Video games need more Americana.

>Half of the game is about the MC going insane
>Other half is about exploring massive changing pitch black empty rooms

It's a really neat book but it wouldnt make a good game. I had a dream once where I went insane, it was terrifying and I will never forget it.

But I only read fanfiction

>Black Company
Holy shit, fund it

The premise is a fuck you to the hero's journey. The setting aren't important enough to warrant serious description in the book but Wolfe obviously didn't consider it's ambiguity important enough to not answer questions about it.

>Mine would not be good

Creepiest roadtrip game ever.

What's your favorite fanfiction?
I only real harry potter shit

Not him but HP is plebbest of pleb FF.

>>he wouldn't be seduced by this seamen demon

Jeremy Irons is very handsome but I think I'd have to pass.

Mine is already a good game.

Probably not the main plot or characters but you could probably make something fun taking place during the trader prince era.

It's not my favourite book I haven't even finished it yet. But managing a space station with extremely limited resources while trying to keep everyone alive and escape to the higher reaches of earth's orbit would make for a very interesting game

>Three nuclear weapons detonated high in the air create an EMP wave which kills every unshielded electronic device in 48 states of America.
>One man must rally his small rural town to survive
>protect his family from raiders
>maintain order
>ration food
>find insulin for his diabetic daughter
>prepare the town for attacks from outsiders

It would be cool.

I've read like 5 books in my entire life because my mind wanders too much and none of them would be any fucking good as a video game

10/10

We have spotted the 12 years old

I never understood why schools and parent groups had such a massive hate boner for lolita, it's not like it glorifies pedophiles

>A game based on a life inside of the San Pedro prison in La Paz, Bolivia

Maybe... the prison itself sounds fuckin' crazy but I don't know how well it would translate into a game. It would probably make a better movie.

>Press X to deliver mail, lies, and hope

>kiss of the spider woman

...maybe?

It would be pretty boss, although the fact that Flashman is a complete coward might fuck up the combat a bit...

>t. brainlet

I read the entire chronicles of Narnia before I even lost my first tooth.
Come on, user. It's not that hard. A good book is better than a good Vidya.

Post vaporware.

no

>I am not a serial killer

yes yes yes yes yes

>press F to scalp injun...