ITT: Your favorite vidya clichés

>Game has a generic-looking mook character that is actually an unstoppable badass

>game series has multiple companions and friends you meet up during the game
>the last game has you meet them all after everything is over and see how they are doing with their lives
Too bad pic related was DLC and not the ending

The villain turned companion.
Magus is mai husbandoru.

More like
>character appears in one game and everyone memes him up to be some bad ass cos "LOL HE'S SO BORING LOOKING XD"

See: hunk, doom guy

>doomguy
>one game

But Hunk and Doom Guy were in multiple games?

name 1 (one) character that could beat the EDF
Protip: the ravagers had 7 years of prep time and they still lost

>game has you choose and create your team out of people you meet along the way.
>perma death makes it so that you become attached to the characters
they cant stand by and watch as you turn into a monster about to destroy the world for your own personal feelings.

>rival 1v1 fight

>Thailand level
>"Silver Spoon" playing across the distance and over the border

>Everything seems completely cool but slowly hints start dropping that your commander/leader is actually the bad guy and you have been doing evil all along

Similar, but

>game has you on an epic quest to kill the super strong villain
>there's a single character in the game, who gets practically no screen time whatsoever, or is completely missable, who just so happens to be the stronger fucking character in the game

Combustion man from Avatar, Ace from Rubyquest, the house dog demon from samurai jack, these are really the closest not vidya examples I can think of.

Sephiroth counts a bit in the kingdom hearts games.

moderate giggle

>barrel explodes

>barrel explodes from being hit by a wooden baseball bat

I actually love this.

It applies to R6 Siege with recruit.

every time ive seen this i always see the twist coming a mile away because they try to be "subtle" and it actually is very obvious
its annoying how condescending devs can be when writing these scenes

>generic-looking mook character

But HUNK has awesome tacticool design?

>Vietnam level
>'it aint me' stars playing
>"Sgt. Woods, I'm CIA"

>condescending writers

Remember that time when Bethesda wanted to "subtly" imply in Fallout 3 that The Botherhood of Steel aren't really that morally virtuous by having the orthodox Remnants wear black and red and be total scumbags to everyone, as opposed to the angelic lawful good BoS heretics of the Pentagon? That sure gave players a tough dilemma about who is worth helping...

>they try to be "subtle" and it actually is very obvious

This always sucks but try out Age of Decadence. They do subtlety extremely fucking well. You can go the whole fucking game and not know anything of importance. All the lore and whats really going on, none of it. It actually takes quite a bit to soose out the truth and its really fucking rewarding when you sift through all the retellings, red herrings, and dead ends and uncover it all.