Aid me /v

I need your help /v. I am starved for a good RPG and can't seem to find anything. I've played pretty much everything, from the old school ones like Planescape and the BG series and also Arcanum up to all the new ones.

There has to be a hidden gem out there I have not discovered yet. Please Help.

you can play:
NWN 1&2 + modules
Shadowrun series (very good)
Divinity Series
Fallout 1 &2

Check out RPG codex top 70 rpgs and their 2012-2016 rpg list. They are very good for getting some recommendations.

Also: Gothic 1&2

I've played all these including the Gothic series.

Undertale

Dude planescape is getting an enchanced edition.

Me thinks it comes out in 10 days.

There is the Oblivion total conversion Nehrim, it's pretty good.

Have you played Underrail?
Probably the best cRPG in years

Have you tried Risen? Its like a subpar Gothic but I found the Trilogy still enjoyable.

You can try Spiderweb software games. Geneforge and Avernum:EftP are pretty good.

other good rpgs:
Lords of Xulima
Battle Brothers( released this week)
Legend of Grimrock 1&2
Pillars of eternity
Tyrrany
Heroine's quest: herald of ragnarok (free on steam)
Banner Saga
Serpent in the staglands (I didn't like it but a lot of people seem to)
Fallout 1.5
Blackguards

Roguelikes:
DCSS
ToME
ADOM
Binding of Isaac

Rogue-lites:
Neo Scavenger
FTL

Finished Underrail about 2 weeks ago. Enjoyed it a lot.

Played and finished Risen 1 & 2. Not the best but not the worst either.

Have you tried Age of Decadence and Underrail?

Busy downloading Battle Brother. Looks interesting.

Will check out some of the other games on this list. PoE, Tyrrany and LoG I've already played.

I tried Serpent in the staglands but I was just not feeling it.

Played and finished both.

Have you played Knights of the Chalice? It came out a few years ago. It doesn't look great but it features some of the best turn-based D&D-ish combat since Temple of Elemental Evil.

What do you like about those rpgs?
Character customization?
Story?
Combat?

If you're OK with tactics I recommend Jagged Alliance 2

Story? Witcher 1, build on NWN engine

You played Kotor as well, correct?

All depends on you user

How about you actually list what you've played and what you want in an RPG - whether it's combat, storyfaggotry, dungeons, overland maps, premade NPCs or custom parties.

Temple of Elemental Evil flew under most people's radars.

Darkest Dungeon scratched that itch for me a while back too.

I discovered ToEE awhile back when searching for new RPGs. Enjoyed the hell out of it. Darkest Dungeon is OK but after 30h of gameplay I got bored.

do you like JRPGs user? I'd recommend the Dragon Quest series to you, especially DQ5 and DQ8. You can emulate both pretty easily.

I'm not too fussy when it comes to story and maps etc. There's only two things that I get anal about: Character customization and combat.

As for a list:

Wizardry Series
NWN 1 & 2
Planescape:Torment
Baldurs gate 1 & 2
The Witcher Series
The Final Fantasy Series
Darks Souls 1-3
Mass Effect 1-3
Dragon Age 1-3
The Avadon Games
Arcanum Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
The Elders Scrolls series (Modded and Vanilla)
Icewind Dale 1 & 2
Eschalon Series
Torment - Tides of Numenera
Blackguards 1 & 2
Salt & sancuary
Two World 1 & 2
Gothic Series
Serpent in the Staglands
Underrail
Might and Magic Series
The Quest
Dragons Dogma
Divinity Series
Fallout Series
Grim 1 & 2
Jade Empire
Kingdoms Of Amalur
Kotor
Mount And Blade
Pillars of Eternity
Tyranny
Wasteland 2
Deus Ex

and some more obscure and lesser known games. It's hard to remember them all but when I start looking for a new RPG all I see are titles I've played before. That's why I made this thread, maybe someone can point out a game I haven't
played yet.

I've only ever played FF and Dragons Dogma if that counts. I'll give DQ a go thanks.

Tough luck, it's honestly easier to find a storyfag RPG than one with good combat. Especially since you've already played many of them.
I don't see Temple of Elemental Evil on your list - it's pretty shit in all aspects but recreating 3rd ed D&D in vidya format. It's a very faithful adaptation and frankly works better than in PnP. Just resist the urge to cheese with Glitterdust.
Knights of the Chalice is similarly a decidedly combat game with a modified 3rd ed ruleset. Ugly as sin though.
You could do with more Spiderweb - Geneforge has a nice story, setting and reactivity, while Exile/Avernum are more about fights.
Realms of Arkania are another series with a serviceable combat system. Cool overland travel too, with things like waterskins, disease, bedrolls and such.
If you're willing to delve into the old, Goldbox games and Dark Sun are all functional.

And last but not least, try Darklands and Betrayal at Krondor. The combat sucks in both, but they're good games in their own right. BaK is mostly about plot and exploration, why Darklands is a very unique game where you're just fucking around myths-are-true renaissance Germany with your party. It's sort of Mount and Bladeish in that aspect since you're basically carving a name out for yourself from humble beginnings, without following any big predefined plot.

I enjoyed ToEE a lot, did two play throughs, with the community patch and vanilla. Darklands and Geneforge looks cool. Downloading now. Thanks for the recommendation.