It's a good game, just not a good X game

>it's a good game, just not a good X game

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1egsGjVAeKY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

C&C Generals fit this description perfectly

If people making a game are going to cash in on another game's success and recognition then it 100% deserves to be compared and held up to it in comparison.

Name 11 and 1/16 games that do this

Andromeda

Super Paper Mario.

mighty n- okay no I can't do this

Halo odst

Fallout 4
Pls no bulli

Doom 3

Succ my balls

Is the crafting/base building a necessity in this game? I'm not gonna bother playing it if they went "we want the steam top seller audience" and left me with shit quests, locations and characters.

Metal Gear Solid V

But Fallout 4 is not a good game.
It's ok shooter but awful RPG.

the crafting's 100% irrelevant to anything, and the game does indeed feature shit quests, locations and characters

I said this about Skyrim when it first released

I don't know if this is the best example but at the very least it probably be received better at the very least, compared to it's current standing, if it were it's own thing.

Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts.

>X game
You mean sex game?

It's fair.

That doesn't always mean it's right. For example, everything about Skyrim is bad. RPG mechanics barely begin to cover it.

Why can't more games have GLA styled gameplay?

sonic 06 is objectively a very good steam greenlit meme simulator game

>andromeda
>good game

resident evil 4

That's just shorthand for it isn't what you expect from the series but it's still good. Everyone understands this, stop being autistic.

This is somehow not a credible statement?

I feel this way about Skyrim

Fallout 3
Zelda 2

Halo 2, 3, Reach, 4 and 5.

>Let me tell you about this game for which the only thing I know is cherrypicked webms

I barely have time to eat from this masterpiece.

XCOM: The Bureau

Dark souls 2

If FFXIII was a new IP instead of a mainline FF
it would probably have cult following

if you could make a movie out of those cherry picked webms, that's a lot of fucking cherry picked webms

MGS V

>C&C Generals
The tasteful stereotyping of factions, the satisfying gameplay, the cozy campaign. Oh my god, it even has a awesome trailer....
youtube.com/watch?v=1egsGjVAeKY

Isn't anyone gona name drop 2 obvious missing games....?!?! Ok I will,...

I lay before you, The Division & Destiny.

Star Fox Adventures

Bioshock 2

Dark souls 2

They try to do something like this for Orks in DoW3 it seems. They can gather scrap to upgrade their units, and one of their elite unit can dig tunnels that are useable by every Ork unit until they're destroyed

Doom 3