Why do people hate this game? I never understood the "why"

Why do people hate this game? I never understood the "why"

Who gives a crap about tree's that grow, they don't effect gameplay.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BCXTmBAk5C0
fable.wikia.com/wiki/Emily
youtu.be/qYiYd9RcK5M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

britbong accent makes it unplayable

fpbp

Actually thought a lot of people enjoyed the first game.

I also enjoyed the second, but the third was trash.

I guess it's a similar situation to the Spore hype where people hate it because of what they expected it to be. Personally I played Fable without any prior knowledge and it's one of my all time favorites.

People hate it because Mollynew overpromised and underdelivered. I loved it because it was broken as shit
>pull bowstring back for ten minutes to build up power and one-shot the big rock golems
>chug exp potions with a 40x xp multiplier
>abuse supply and demand to make unlimited money selling flowers to merchants and buying them back
>kill everyone in town, buy all the houses and rent them out for free money

To be fair, user.

I never did any of that, mostly because i didn't buy the game and then look up every guide on how to miss the point of playing the game.

Paid dlc for some gears and unsatisfactory ending aside,3 isn't that bad.

you can mod in dlc goodies on PC

This is seriously true. Fucking cringy.

eh? I remember liking the first game and it generally being liked

molyneux didn't deliver on his promises but the game was still good

What kind of promises did monlyneux make? I don't remember any other than "You can do ANYTHING"

Also Fable 1 was an amazing game

Well nothing about it is particularly good, it's just a short power trip of a game with sloppy combat and mechanics, shit level design, shit enemies, shit dialogue/quests/etc.

I don't hate it, but it wasn't exactly mind-blowing.

>plant a tree as a child
>visit it as an adult and see how high it's grown
It's the only one I remember since it's the only one people bring up

this

only thing it really excels at is music imo

fuck you

I got the special edition and it was fun liked that I grew old good game gonna pirate 3 and have some fun to bad microshit won't "remaster" it so I don't have to pirate it

its a game set in fucking fantasy medieval europe

did you want some niggers with ebonics going OOGA BOOGA HOL UP SENPAI U GOT SOME ODAT DANK SHIET?

ok

It would be better to sacrifice the historical accuracy for the sake of the playerbase not commiting suicide after hearing NPCs

Yeah I get that you played it while you were young, but that doesn't make it good my friend.

FABLE MUSIC

Broken promises aside. It's still an extremely shallow and casual RPG with combat that's pretty much impossible to fail at and moral choices implemented in the most infantile ways imaginable, like a parody of it's own marketing.

It's still overall a good game 6/10

WoULD yoU Kindly link us to theses "promises" about fable?

see that mountain?

>britbong accents are a bad thing

>set in medieval setting
>using modern britbong accent instead of a more archaic one

I don't think it's the VA so much as their voices. Especially the kids, god do they sound terrible.

It is an archaic accent though. You don't hear anyone speaking indian or arabic.

Stop meming you fucking shitlord, archaic britbong accent sounded nothing like modern britbonginese, RP or otherwise

>shitlord

Opinion immediately discarded.

As someone who lived through the 1500s I can confirm British people sounded different back then

But why do your women all melt when they hear it?

By itself its a good game. But the "hate" usually comes from people like me (30+ year olds) who were right in the middle of the LIES.
It was a fucking punch to the gut when the game was released.
Same with Black & White...

Oh god I still remember the pain...

Lionhead were British, it's set in Albion aka Old England. It also adds to the charm, would much rather it than generic nasally American accents

Remember user, that NPC's kid is going to grow up and get their revenge against you.

Don't worry, your multiplayer co-op partner will be able to hold them off!

no you fucking retard

ANYONE WHO DIDNT GO BACK TO THEIR HOMETOWN AND MARRIED THE GIRL WHO LOST THE TEDDY BEAR ARE FUCKING PLEBS

Doesn't she despawn directly after the cutscene? It's just the generic female NPC model.

Name was Rosie anyway.

You can add 1600's and 1700's too, since early modern english sounds more like american english compared to modern britbongistanian

Shut the fuck up and go to Sup Forums if you want to shit the thread up with your stupid bait you faggot

Applies to this as well
Also anybody that keeps responding to you after this point is just as retarded.

she is there if you go back as an adult. you can talk to her and she mentions the teddy bear.

U JUS GONNA STAND THEIR LIEH UH LEHMUN

> fable.wikia.com/wiki/Emily
> It is possible to marry Emily in Fable and Fable:TLC, though the player should probably woo her quickly to avoid confusing her with any of the other women with the same character model.
> It is not possible to marry Emily in Fable Anniversary due to the fact that she does not appear outside of the cutscene.

Fable 1 gave me my love for settings with slightly off and creepy atmospheres

ROI, YOU KNOW DA DRIW, NOW GE' INTO POSITIONS

>he needs a guide to find exploits
Fucking faggot

Obvious and pathetic samefag

:^)

>guides
It's clear that pulling your bow back harder makes your shots do more damage. Just seemed logical to see how far it could go. Same with merchants and the supply/demand mechanics.

If you never played the game with every spell unlocked and the strongest sword in the game, going town to town and murdering every single character in the game for calling you Chicken kicker or whatever then you're the one who missed the point.

Because its a meme game taylor made for reddit

it's not japanese

if it was people would praise it to no end

That's not even what samefagging means you fucking Redditor.

Well I guess I just lost track of her.

"AWW SHEEIT NIGGA YO HEALF IS LOW AF, YOU GOT ANY DAT KOOLAID, OR SUMMA DAT *smacks lips* FRIIIIIIIIIIED CHICKEN??"

>lived my whole life in Australia
>go to America to visit some friends
>driving me back from the airport
>first black person I see is standing outside a KFC with both hands holding huge bags of fried chicken
I don't even remember most of the trip but I'll never forget that

People hated Fable 1? It's an awesome game for it's time, I enjoyed the fuck out of it. Never did get around to playing Fable 2 or 3 though, I heard they were shit.

Honestly swapping this with the original voice acting would achieve the same effect

Yeah, it was like Peters magical lies started living a life of their own. It was glorious until the release. I wish Fable had never released so we could've kept the dream alive.

loved one shotting the white balverine but i think they fixed it by putting cutscenes where lesser balverines came in

*trees
*affect

CHICKEN CHASEA

>tfw some npcs say chaser instead of chasea

>tfw cucking Whisper's dad with Lady Gray

Revisionist history. People loved and love this game.

this

I remember tons of positive TLC threads

HERO, YOUR HEALTH IS LOW.
DO YOU HAVE ANY POTIONS, OR FOOD?

The first fable was widely liked.

This was before the age of Sup Forums

Post audio evidence of how British people sounded hundreds of years ago.

Oh wait there isn't any and you weren't there.

kill yourself, the accent is half the reason I enjoyed the game.

t. britbong

Well, it's 5 hours long and cliche as hell, and it's extremely easy.

youtu.be/qYiYd9RcK5M

nope, south eastern slav.

I didn't enjoy the first game. Not saying it was a bad game, just I didn't enjoy it.

Fable 2, however, was very enjoyable. I liked farting, burping, and doing all sorts of stupid shit to get reactions from people.

Molymeme overpromissed and people bought into the hype.

I've picked it up while missing the hype few years later and liked it.

One of the few situations where exposure to marketing made the game worse than it really was.

Fable 1 is one of my favorite games. The second was shit, though. Never played the third.

Because the second one is better.

Do you mean her brother? Thunder was her brother.

Molyneux hyped it to hell. It was the original No Man's Sky.

I'm glad his career is dead now.

Get fucked this is one of the best rpgs ever.

>mfw aussie guildmaster
>strewth mate, ya lookin a bit crook. Got any stubbies or tucker?

>use shovel to dig near fence/wall/invisible wall
>after the short cutscene of you digging, you have been moved slightly back
>continue until you are outside the boundary

hell no

TLC shits all over it. The last boss in that game is the worst in vidya history too.

>walk past guards talking
>"WHEN'S SMOKO CUNT
>GIVE US A DURRY HEN M8

>no option to cuck whisper's brother with whisper

Fucking unacceptable, the cutie3.14 childhood friend should always be romanceable

>l-look at how Australian we are oh big strong Americans
>th-throw another shrimp on the b-barbie cunt

uwotm8

what's the name of that girl again, I haven't seen the full image in a long time.

mammay dadday!!!!WAAAAAAAAH!!!

I remember in number 2 one of his promises
>Buy a boat and sail the seven seas
>BECOME A PIRATE

>NO WEAPON BUCKLES
that really stirred my autism. HE PROMISED WEAPON BUCKLES

>go through the entire game without a single silver key
>get the Bereaver at the Necropolis for fucking free

I love fable just because the game just lets you abuse its own rules and you get off scot free.