Breath of the wild

Breath of the wild thread

Post your
>hours played
>Favourite weapon
>Favourite area of the game
>Favourite champion ability and champion
>Favourite race
>hopes for the DLC (hard mode and story)
>hopes for the sequel

Post screenshots if you have any as well

I want underwater and sky exploration please. Have sunken Hyrule or something

How could they make the sky interesting. Go full steampunk? Or have another skyward sword?

Just started, the switch is a cool gimmick.

I just want a fucking instrument. The DLC absolutely must include an instrument.

Any suggestions? A weather changer will be cool

Can we all agree that a hook shot is not needed in this game with ravioli's gale?

>steampunk
Might be cool. I don't want Zelda to go full sci fi though

>hours played
About 70
>Favourite weapon
The one that doesnt bre-
Gerudo Desert
Revalis Gale
>Favourite race
Rito
HOPE : An actual Terraria based Hardmode which gives you new areas, Biomes, Crazy Bosses, SHITTONS of new enemies, new weapons and things to find.
EXPECTING : weapons breaking twice as fast and starting with one heart and double daamge
>hopes for the sequel
-Make world half as big
-30 shrines maybe
-15 proper Zelda dungeons with the depth and free scope of BOTW's Hyrule Castle with mechanics of shrines/Divine beasts and actual thematic dungeons
-Hookshot Grappling hook for swinging around valleys at sanic speed
-Get rid of weapon breaking and just make weapons more multi-functional
-More interesting Slates, More use for them in the overworld
-Actual music for each of the Biomes
-Actual story and active conflict in the world and a compelling villain who inspires you to gitgud.

A brass instrument might be nice.

BOTW is set after the minish cap the leviathan skeletons are the remains of the now extinct normal sized humans

Where is another Zora Spear? I need to remake Mipha's weapon for my house.

>EXPECTING : weapons breaking twice as fast and starting with one heart and double daamge
Why do people think Ninty will half-ass the DLC after BotW? If anything they want to impress people and create a lot of content because it's a new practice for Zelda. It'd look bad if they were lazy for future DLC.

>If anything they want to impress people
They want their goddamn money.

>watching someone stream
>meticulously exploring areas to get everything
>passes stalnox bone pile during the day
>doesnt wait till night to kill it

enjoy back tracking to get 100% you fuck

Get diamonds and go to the Zora's domain

Go back to the path you originally take to go to the Domain. Eventually you'll find a Lizalfos using a Zora Spear

Considering Nintendo could have made cellphone games like... a decade ago, I don't think so.

There's one under the stairs up to the King's throne. Use magnesis while looking in the water.

Okay, rephrase

They want money, but they don't know how to get money

That's not interesting. It's just land, in the sky. Wowww

Can't read.
Thanks, I've been trying but haven't had any luck so I wasn't sure. A lot of those crappy fin spears.

Holy shit that horse archery shit was maddening, to get 23 targets - (I kept fucking up at 22). I hadn't been that pissed at a game in a while.

>They want money, but they don't know how to get money
Oh really.

Yeah but did you strong arm it with a normal bow or did you take the easy way out and use a savage bow with bomb arrows?

I used a savage bow with normal arrow.

I hadn't even thought of bomb arrows.

I mean they don't know how to maximize their money gain

Nintendo really is the Apple of video games.

They don't even sell a fraction of their competitors yet make just as much if not more profit because they sell the cheapest hardware at the most premium price they can.

Keep an eye on your right side while you walk, iirc the group with a Zora Spear doesn't even notice you if you stay on the path

I would drop the series if they dropped fantasy

Fuck sci-fi, I'm so glad they didn't go with the alien concept

>hours played

>Favourite weapon
Ice Rod

Hyrule caste/ The whole farore jungle and around

Urbosa ability and ... i don't really like any champion... Not developped enough to say i like them.

>Favourite race
Gerudo Because Riju

Food nerfed(not usable in battle), No fast travel during battle or more limited, new enemies, change placement of enemies, eventide island sequel, a super endgame boss.

Story: Something focused on Ganon/Ganondorf.
I don't really care about 100 year before or rebuilding hyrule, we more or less know everything and i don't think it's that interesting, i want just to move to something different, another side of the story.

>hopes for the sequel
Leave hyrule behind another world same size, dungeon in the overworld, new kind of rune and more "technology available", better endgame balancing overall,

More Amiibo uses.
There were alot of miss opportunity with amiibos.
>Ganon Amiibo doesn't give you his TP outfit
>can't use the Fire Emblem cast for their clothes and weapons, same for Kid Icarus
>Yoshi amiibo doesn't give you a Yoshi saddle for your horse
>Duck hunt Amiibo doesn't give you a dog companion
>8-bit Link Amiibo doesn't give you an 8-bit sword and shield

Nintendo makes so many Amiibo and only 20% have any fun use in games.

Also like to see a blacksmith work shop to make your own weapons.
>so you can make your own Razor sword

>Favourite weapon
>Ice Rod
Can I ask why?

>hours
>weapon
Spears
>area
Eventide
>champion ability and champion
Ravioli and ravioli. He's an asshole but I like him
>race
The Rito.They look fucking great in this game
>DLC
hard mode should have real time eating and weapon switching. Maybe they can add more movesets or enemies. Survival aspects should be optional

Story I want a sequel where you finally defeat Ganon with new champions and journey with Zelda
>sequel
Keep weapon durability, but double it.
Not set in Hyrule, a crazier world
More dungeons like Hyrule castle
More tools/runes
Underwater exploration
FISHING

from what ive found there is no point in doing that as it doesn't come alive in youre standing there waiting for it, ive had to run away from the area at night time and come back to get it to spawn

Freeze at distance and play around with them, i could have put any ice weapon, i just have a lot of fun with this one.

You can instal kill them or do double damage with lightling.

They have paid online now and they make cellphone games, both which will net them more money than ever in the easiest way possible. How is that not maximizing profit? They obviously knew they could jump into that game at any time but chose not to.

They didn't do it earlier, duh

Hookshot is THE most overrated Zelda tool

More armor. More weapon types like dual wield or fists, weapon crafting, more roaming npcs, more factions besides the yiga clan

where can I find more royal swords aside from the castle?

More traditional items too, this game not having Pegasus boots is shocking. You could run on water and cross the desert easily with it, but as always you move in a straight line

Hinoxes

They're a Kyoto company, can't expect them to understand technology. They're VERY traditional. Part of the reason why they didn't understand that violent games was very popular on PC and PS1. Cellphone games was the same thing, it became huge everywhere, including Japan, and they only made a game like in late 2016. Considering they're a game company it's sort of ironic.

There's one at the top of the hyrule military tower's skull.

One spawn there after every blood moon

>more roaming npcs
Would like to fight evil Gorons and Zroas
And fake Link look-a-like that tries to kill you for your master sword

>hyrule military tower
where is this?

Once you get far enough (I.E. When silvers start spawning) then every single Hinox will always drop a Royal Bow, Royal Broadsword, and either a Royal Halberd or Royal Claymore.

Near the Lost Woods

Oh man that'll be cool for the DLC. Have dark link appear

I think he means more Gorons, Gerudo and Zora wandering or living somewhere other than their part of the map

Both is fine

Why does /vg/ even exist if not for threads like these?

WHERE CAN I FIND ICE WEAPONS

It's fine to talk about new games, user.

Why does Sup Forums exist when we have /vg/?

>tfw you find just one ice weapon so you hang it up in the house in pristine condition

>punching bokoblins
Iron knuckles when?

God damn if they break it will feel so good

1 hours
the one that never breaks(there isnt one)
black screen (switch off)
the one that refills your hearts with yellow
black screen again
none
none

How the fuck is everyone already done with the game? I've been playing since one day before the official release date and I've only done like 50 shrines and one dungeon so far.

I'm a NEET so I've been playing all the time. Gonna 100% the game.

So where in the Timeline do you guys think BotW takes place? Heard some different theories right now and I'm still confused as fuck.

convergence timeline

Some point long after twilight princess.

>hours played
~80
>favourite weapon
Meteor Rod
>favourite area of the game
Faron... but I love Necluda as well
>favorite champion ability
Revali's Gale
>and champion
... pass. The Goron, I guess? Whatever
>favourite race
Rito by far
>hopes for DLC
just more area to explore, though Hard Mode would be nice too
>hopes for sequel
to be as fresh and different as BotW was

>Duck hunt Amiibo doesn't give you a dog companion
This, I want this.
While making 8-bit sounds.

>hours played
>Favourite weapon
Tri-Boomerang
Zora's Domain is comfy
Mipha is my new waifu
>Favourite race
Zora
Nothing much. Don't really like DLC anyway.
>hopes for the sequel
Same what Nintendo did with Majora's Mask. More of the same but darker/weirder.

Damn that'll be cool

If only you could tame wolves in the game. But I guess it might be too overpowered if you have a whole pack with you

I will be getting a Japanese switch and the Japanese version of BOTW i know it's region free so I'll be setting it up as a U.K. Switch and setting system language to English will make BOTW play in English too.

Will I be able to use the UK eShop to get DLC?

these are some nice meatballs

>the absolute state of microsoft

>hours played
>Favourite weapon
the long-range shiekah bow
the steppe region south of the plateau
any answer other than Mipha is wrong
>Favourite race
Goron or Zora, don't really have a favorite
new map area with more dungeons and actually difficult enemies
>hopes for the sequel
same as above but improved enemy AI

>85 hours
>all shrines, all memories, 130ish seeds, 52 or so side quests
>only 33% completion
Jesus fuck. This might be the only game I don't 100%. Really wish you could track Koroks.

convergence timeline

in the first memory Zelda literally mentions SS, Oot, TP, WW and Alttp

compendium
also koroks can be seen on the map

Koroks can only be seen when you zoom in. And only the ones you've already found.

And I heard the compendium doesn't count towards completion.

where can I find that shield?

We need a trombone.

What will it even do

You are full of shit you can't track them.

you don't see all of the golden turds on the map?

>30 hearts

Fucking disgusting, delete your save file.

There is evidence for all three but child timeline is by far the weakest. There is one throwaway line about Twilight but considering that the Twilight realm exists in all three timelines, its not conclusive. There is evidence of things exclusive to adult (koroks and rito) and downfall (hinoxes and lynels) and nothing for child.

It goes Downfall>Adult>Child in terms of likelihood or a converged timeline.

Those are ones you've already found, you can't track ones you haven't.

oh I see what you're saying

you need the compendium for 100% completion, but it can't track koroks

are you retarted or just baiting?

no, she's only talking about SS, OoT and TP

Yes. A hookshot really isn't necessary and I'd rather other movement options than going back to an old item.

What I do want is a proper magic meter to come back and magic weapons other than rods. I miss mage Link from aLttP and OoT.

Can the Master Sword break?

There are a few places. But I think there are lots of them in hyrule castle.

You realize you can respect, right?

It's random. The game gives you higher rated drops the more you progress (I missed a chest at the plateu. I opened it 60 hours later and got a royal bow.)

You have good chances of finding it in the castle, but I've also just found it in random enemy hideouts/camps.

>you need the compendium for 100% completion
No, 100% completion that you see once you beat Ganon is Korok Seeds, Shrines, Divine Beasts, and locations on the map (The specific names of things like bridges and ruins), nothing more. 4* armor, the album, Kilton's medals, side quests, shrine quests, Kass, Shrine chests, and minigame scores are all for your own, personal satisfaction.

Yes but it comes back 10 minutes later. It's basically used for trash, Guardians, and Hyrule Castle.

>-15 proper Zelda dungeons w
Oh come on now

>tfw you didn't autistically mark every chest and enemy camp and boss on the map from the start
>have to restart the game because of it

But what about the fact that the Arbiter Grounds exist? Wasn't that place specifically build to lock up Ganondorf?

There's a 100 stamp limit

Well to be fair, with the pop-in problems the game already has, letting you go FAST would look quite terrible. You'd probably crash into stuff that hasn't even finished rendering yet.

No, the arbiter's grounds is way older than that. It was used to execute criminals and housed the mirror of twilight, they didn't just make it for Ganondorf and then quit.

Horses are for go fast. Haven't you noticed that the boots have never shown up in any game where you can mount a horse? There would really be no point in them in BotW other than for fun. But I wouldn't call it shocking to not have them, in fact, in makes perfect sense.

what was your favorite shrine? greedy hill for me