What the problem with this game ?

After oblivion and morrowind it was my third big RPG . I loved the exploration and the quest but i see a lot of hate for him . Can any of you can explain me his flaws ?

The RNG loot in chests

Also the game is pretty good with the community patch

it ran like shit on my PC when it was released
I couldn't finish the game cos one of the characters ran away from the city I was attacking and fucking disappeared forever

IMO it's not really bad, but also not particularily good either. It's a decent game that I only somewhat dislike for its difference from the previous installments. Whenever I play the Gothic series, the jump from 2 to 3 puts me off too much to play it for more than a few hours.

tl;dr me not like different

It's a piece of shit

Play 1 and 2 instead, they're masterpieces

Gothic 3 is so fucking garbage compared to 1 and 2

The only reason someone would enjoy this pile of trash is because they haven't played 1 and 2, thats the only reason i can think of

Gothic 2 NoTR > Gothic 1 > dogshit > piss > cancer > trash > Gothic 3

I actually played a good part of gothic 1 and 2, i wanted to know why people hate gothic 3 like that . I get comment saying how much it's crap but they can't say why .

Because they heard others say it's shit so everyone keeps parroting.

Gothic 1 > Gothic 2

>cancer is better than trash

world is bit too large for it's own good

how? in what way is G1 better?

>broken, trash combat, whoever stunlocks the enemy first wins
>boring and dull NPCs and dialogues
>big empty world
>boring quests
>Shit main story
>Mass Effect 3 tier ending
>nameless looks retarded
>random loot system
>art style and design completely different from Gothic 1 and 2 (for the worse)
>everything is generic and forgettable

It's a solid 6/10 while Gothic 1 and 2 are 10/10

It's hated because it didn't live up to the hype at all

The combat mostly for me.
Also the world wasn't as great as the handcrafted G1/2 world.

Gothic 3 is an abomination

There are only two canon Gothic games, rest is wannabe Gothic trash

Must be hard to have both Alzheimer and ADHD.

Setting, location, npcs, story.

Gothic 2 is bigger and has refined mechanics, but it ended up kind of generic.

Gothic 1 with it's prison setting was truly unique and created a special kind of atmosphere.

Step down from previous games, fetch quests everywhere, characters are almost flat, animations are terribly slow and this fucked combat completely, AI is stupid when it comes to combat too, you literally just right click them to death, no challenge at all.
Insane amount of bugs, bad performance to this day even on NASA PCs, the game left unfinished besides myrtana region.
I blame Jowood.

Gothic 3's loot wasn't completely random.

Some chests, like the weapon chests or magic chests give you certain items in sequence. So you get Weapon K after opening chest #12 or whatever. The best weapons were at the end.

You could run around the whole world opening weapons chests until you open the last one.

This. JoWood pushed them to compete with Oblivion which was just plain unrealistic with such a small budget and team.

Gothic 2 > Gothic > Risen > piss > Gothic 3 > shit > Arcania

the only thing 1 did better than 2 was the main story and atmosphere, everything else was better in 2

and not to mention that most NPCs from Gothic 1 you will meet in Gothic 2

Yeah, Gothic 3 has special chests with all sorts of weapons.

I remember climbing onto a roof in gothic 3 and killing an army of orcs who couldn't be assed to follow me up

felt pretty good, felt like I earned that victory