Mordhau new melee gameplay

What d'ya think?

youtube.com/watch?v=PNYXAKqOtjo

looks like shit to be honest familia

they need to find a way to make it look less floaty, none of the swings look like they have any punch to them

the exchange at 4:42 was fucking amazing t b h
>that bob out the way

>blocks a giant hammer attack
heh nice meme

refunded

How is this any different from chivalry

why everygame in this gen looks so plastic looking? is it an engine problem?

Looks like complete unplayable garbage. There's like a dozen games exactly like this or better out right now, why are people giving them money to make a shitty chivalry clone in 3 years?

Just looks like annother chivalry DESU. Yet annother medieval combat game where armour does absolutely nothing.

I'm not a big fan of these sorts of games. I think it's a nice enough combat tech demo, but combat alone does not make a game.

Use this kind of stuff and put it in an RPG, with a plot and other kinds of interaction.

Unreal Engine 4.

Warband is your friend

I was excited, but it looks almost identical to Chivalry on smaller maps with a lot more customization.

The attacks look like they have 0 energy behind them, and they play like robots. There's no dodging? No recoil from blocking someone swinging a huge axe or mace?

180-comeonnow.

>Pre-Alpha
Shouldnt a Pre alpha game be nothing but a bunch of poligons? that's pretty much the finished game

>Use this kind of stuff and put it in an RPG, with a plot and other kinds of interaction.
Gothic 2.
Don't blame UE4, shit is one of the best looking engines ever, IF you actually know how to write a shader, and since these guys aren't game devs they don't.

>steel armor is literally less useful than a paper wrapping
LMAO, nice """""""""""""""""""realistic"""""""""""""""""""" medieval combat game you have there.

who's been advertising it as realistic?

not the devs that's for sure

yea but when people post stuff about literal pre-alpha games, people just think "oh this will never be finished, oh the devs won't come through, oh this will take 2 more years to come out". There's a massive stigma in the community against early access/unfinished games so developers have to say shit like this as "betas" are really just finished games 1 week before release. alphas are 95% complete games if they call their ACTUAL alpha what an alpha is, the community would laugh at them.

Even if it's not realistic, it looks dumb as fuck. You have these pseudo-realistic melee combat mechanics and yet the armor does literally nothing. These two things clash drastically and break any sort of immersion the game might have had. Why even have the fucking armor in the game? Just make everyone run around in rags and nobody will get butt-blasted.

What the fuck I thought the devs said they were gonna make sure the players dont exploit the combat system

It looks like an FPS from the 90s/2000s

Its like a bigger chivalry and thats it

because if armour was realistic it would be boring as fuck

they just use it for stats like "more blunt damage less slash damage"

I was actually interested in this game but from the looks of gameplay I can see the playerbase breaking the combat.

Wheres that dude who keeps spamming Sup Forums with mordhau and keeps mentioning For Honor when no one gives a shit

looks shit, just like chivalry

>All of these buttblasted ubishill For Honor babies

YOUR GAME IS DEAD

THE BASED SLAVS CAME IN AND MADE A BETTER GAME

For Honor shills are BTFO fucking kek watch this game make more money in its kickstarter than for honors launch

>ubishit

stop projecting user, im sorry the game you crwodfunded ended up looking shit. if you are going to make a thread about "how does this game look?" don't get assblasted when people point out the obvious, alright?

>everyone compares it to Chivalry, cause they look the same
>LOL LOOK AT THE FOR HONOR BABIES XdDD

>mfw gonna get my ass kicked in Mordhau cause I only had 250 hours in Chiv

The Mordhau defense force is getting on my nerves

I don't have For Honor and you instantly say I'm a ubishill? The games have different gameplay on top of it

>Those goofy stiff animations