Dark Souls 3

The Dreg Heap is the worst fucking area in the entire series.

Its definitely up there. It runs like ass as well.

Design wise, I like it.

But those framerate drops tho.

I fucking hate it design-wise.
>literally just mashed together assets from previous areas
>constantly have to take blind nonsensical jumps to progress
>entire areas "difficulty" comes from trying to find where the fuck to go while you constantly get barraged by obnoxious loud machine gun fire
I really hope this DLC gets better than this because holy fuck I'm not impressed.

>finally get past the dreg heap
>next area immediately has another cancerous gauntlet of bullshit
what the fuck were fromsoft thinking

>next area immediately has another cancerous gauntlet of bullshit
you mean the first boss fight?

Get a better pc

I think he's talking about the giant summoning the archers.

Prepare your anus. It's angel gauntlet followed by angel gauntlet followed by summoned archer gauntlet followed by dragon gauntlet followed by another summoned archer gauntlet

The entire DLC is a giant mostly linear gauntlet of FUCK YOU. This DLC is ass, the bosses are pretty good though at least.

Not him but you shouldn't be a "poor coding apologist".

Shame on you.

Maybe consider getting gud

not really the hardest. once you know what to do there its piss easy and you can run it fast. shrine of amana other hand is hard even when you know what to do and takes time to pass that area so cant speed run through it

git gud

I liked it... like, a lot.

>frame drops
Are you playing on toasters and microwaves?

That's fine, then it fits with the rest of the game. DS3 is the worst.

It was the second best Souls DLC imo. If DS3 had this level of difficulty throughout, it would've been perfect.

We're not talking about the garbage known as DS2 here.

>It was the second best Souls DLC imo

Which was the best?

Fuck that place

TOH

>inb4 some retard spergs out about HURR BB IS NOT MUH SOULS

Of course we're not talking about DS2. We're talking about bad games

I hated it at first but you can remove the angels so it's not too bad.

AotA

But they're right, BB is not Souls, it's a completely different game both in tone and gameplay.

>3 good bosses
>a bunch of shitty areas, one of which is just copy-pasted from the base game

no

to me it looks like the DS2 team is responsible for the dlc, constantly running into large groups of mobs all close enough that they attack you at the same time.

DLC has 3 increadible boss fights. Spear of the church was cool but piss easy. Darkeater Midir and Slave Knight was one of the most fun I've had in this game

So is DeS, it still gets called Souls.

It's not a completely different game you retard. It still uses the exact same mechanic throughout. Same bonfire mechanic. Similar parry system. Blood echoes instead of souls. Similar level design. Similar enemy design (from a mechanical perspective).

Literally the only thing different is that one is more about medieval fantasy while the other is Lovecraftian nightmare.

Look at the area design credits for this new dlc.

I'm sure many of you will be happy to know who made this

Even if they are, whole area looks like a turd, it should really run on toasters.

>So is DeS

Except Demon's Souls is actually called Souls and it has the same setting as the Dark Souls games (medieval fantasy).

I'm fine with everything but cliffs.
Who the fuck thought those were okay

4 good if you compare the guardian to the base game
If you're saying Kalameet is bad then I don't get this meme.

This dlc actually reminded me why I love dark souls. So, I've been playing a lot of Nioh, and I was starting to feel like Nioh has a better combat system. That may actually be true, but no one delivers a complete experience like From Soft. I can't count how many times I found myself not even having moved my character for 5 minutes because I was too busy slowly panning the camera around to drink in the atmosphere and architecture. That simply does not happen with Nioh, which isn't a bad looking game. From Soft just really takes it to another level entirely.

That's because Nioh's level design and atmosphere is complete shit. KT doesn't seem to realize that what made Souls games great wasn't the combat but exploring levels and the great atmosphere it created.

This entire DLC is basically like when your cancer gets cancer.

>DLC has 3 increadible boss fights

Fucking what? Bats are mediocre, Midir is complete trash and Gael is decent.

Tanimura?
He was already a core designer for DS3. Miyazaki liked him enough to bring him back, which goes to show Sup Forums being wrong as always.

Helping as a phantom kind of sucks in this, the Demon Prince fight is ok, but both Midir and Gael have a lot of HP and summoning even one, let alone several phantoms makes it stupid high, I only tried toe help twice with Midir, one time it wouldn't let me go through the fucking fog gate and the other time I remember that I hate the fight. With Gael the fight gets even longer and the longer phase 3 the more likely it is that the host is going to bite the dust due to Gael's general badassery in this phase and the universe ending around you.

gael is easy to co op
literally never lost a fight to him yet

haven't played DS3 yet, but there's no way in hell it's worse than the Frigid Outskirts in DS2 (dlc).

>zero visibility
>no bonfire
>horses re-spawn endlessly

Yeah, nothing is gonna top that.

what were those statues in the middle for?

To summon people who don't own the DLC to help you.

Man I'm so fucking tired of "le double team boss fight" meme.

Did DaS always have long corridors of nothing but damage sponges like this? It takes fucking forever to clear that stairway of humanity heads.

Dark Souls 2

Stay away from that game if you haven't played it

ok, how do i deal with the angels firing shit at me?

its annoying

Well, you could actually make the horses despawn, but who the hell would take his sweet time in order to do that?

The fuck? Am I the only fucker on this board that breezes through DS2? Either I'm really good or you guys are really incompetent.

Ignore them at first and just run past them. Eventually you'll find some human "cocoons" that are connected to the angels, after destroying them, the angels die as well.

>all this effort to get shat on by lmao2 tiggies.

Wasnt the shrine patched to be easier a few weeks after launch? But yeah, DS2 is piss easy