ITT: post series currently on life-support

ITT: post series currently on life-support
I'm being generous and not include Wild World and City Folk even though I clearly should.

>sold like 5 million units in Japan alone
>On life support

M8

>on life support
>when it's currently one of Nintendo's flagships
Haven't they been adding new stuff to New Leaf recently anyway? And yes, Amiibo Festival is trash.

>ad populum

>ad populum
except that argument doesn't fucking work when you're saying it's on life support

Disappointed we never got a good Animal Crossing on WiiU.

A series being on life support means that it's dying, not that it's shit you fucking moron.

They added cancerous DLC yes.

HHD and Amiibo festival would like a word with you, also that upcoming smartphone game. You clearly didn't even remember their names that's why you couldn't mention them.

Why the hell haven't they announced a new Animal Crossing? It's been 5 years since NL and the biggest gap between releases was 4 years before that.

The games are damn near identical so they can't take that long to make, why haven't they even teased one for their new flagship nogames machine?

Time to pull the plug.

The Switch seems like a better fit, I hope that happens

Didn't they say the mobile app would tie to another Animal Crossing game?

Yeah, I heard that unreleased smartphone game hasn't made a cent yet. What a bomb lmao

I always find it weird when people pull out fallacies incorrectly

ad populum would be if the poster was arguing the game was good because it sold a lot. However the poster was saying it's unlikely it's on life support if it's sold a lot since series profit is directly tied to sales.

In summation, you're a retard.

>Argues it's on life support
>Brings up the game has got added dlc and multiple spin offs

You're really digging your own grave here pal.

>series has had one mainline game per console since the GCN, only skipping the Wii U
>a new console just game out
>on life support
What are you talking about?

>cancerous DLC
What. It was a giant free update. The only thing that could be considered paid is the amiibo stuff but that isn't required.

Splatoon basically killed Animal Crossing, they moved most of the devs to work on it. Basically another Advance Wars/Fire Emblem situation, don't expect another AC until Splatoon stops selling.

using a title to shill spin offs implies the opposite of it being on life support, it implies the name alone can generate interest even though the spin offs are clearly dog shit

>it was a free update
No it wasn't.

>but paper mario sticker star sold 5 million!!

>But paper mario sticker star sold five million

And it was TERRIBLE

I know, I'm just using ACfag's logic against them.

>Franchise sold 10 million copies
>"Don't expect another one lol!"

Are you delusional or what the fuck

Then change your argument from games on life support to "What games series are rapidly deteriorationg in quality" because no massively successful games are on life support.

They're soulless so they're on soul-support

On a system that had millions of people to sell it to. Right now Nintendo wants a game that will sell consoles, and they clearly think that's Splatoon or they'd have announced AC.

Your arguments on life support senpai.

At least wait for the next mainline game to make that claim. New Leaf was fine and added a good amount of features

You're nuts my dude.

What was the logic behind wild world? Did they have to remove features for to meet DS hardware requirements? It was a step backwards in almost every way

New Leaf turned the game into a chore simulator and was advertised as one. It's clear Nintendo doesn't understand the magic of Animal Crossing, meanwhile the update gamecube version is JP exclusive and fantranslation never

The Animal Crossing team is making Splatoon 2, therefore Animal Crossing is not being made (other than shitty spinoffs by a skeleton crew.)

It speaks for itself.

Most likely, yeah. It had a much smaller map and only 8 villagers iirc. Only notable things it added were more clothing options and wi-fi