ITT: Overrated studios

ITT: Overrated studios

Bungie

>I haven't played ESO: the post

Haven't played that in over a year. Is it still a snorefest?

no

kek, ESO is not developed by Bethesda

Do you need to have friends

But Morrowind is good, and Fallout 3 is good at being one of the worst games of all time.

OR GIVING A MONKEY A SHOWER

>Shit talking Daggerfall and Arena
Also Morrowind was a shit game desu, but it was really ambitious for the time

Valve.

>Valve.
>Studio/developer

Name a bad game they made that wasn't licensed by Activision.
Star Fox Zero doesn't count. They were only hired to create the character models. How the game played and how the story panned out is entirely Nintendo's fault.

Terminator: Future Shock is great

Bungie has some really nice polish to their games. I never played destiny but you cant really say that they are over rated with everything they brought to the industry. Paid dlc aside.

/thread

Korra

I think Platinum's pretty good. The "spectacle fighter" kind of games they make aren't really my cup of tea, but theirs stand out among the genre, and Nier: Automata's got the slot for my second favorite game of the year so far.

I'm super excited to see what they do with Scalebound.

Morrowind was great, the sad fact of the matter is EVERY release since Morrowind has been built upon its engine.

>when you're such talentless hacks you have to piggy back on competent game designers from almost two decades ago

>I'm super excited to see what they do with Scalebound.
user, I...

From software.

Activision licensed.
Try again.

It can't be overrated cause they don't make games naymore.

>Todd Howard has to piggy back on a game Todd Howard made 14 years ago
What?

Name ONE bad Kirby or Smash game

Nier Automata proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that they're one of the best in the industry.

All the Smash games are good

Bad Kirby Games:
Canvas Curse
Rainbow Cruise
Mass Attack
Epic Yarn

And Kid Icarus: Uprising was pretty bad too.

brawl and tr4sh, anyone who likes them should be tossed in an oven

>overrated
>only videogame publisher that gives a damn about their games and takes their time unlike other companies who create half assed schlock every year

Naughty Dog.

>I never played destiny but you cant really say that they are over rated with everything they brought to the industry
They are overrated because Halo was never great to begin with, it simply was a good shooter on Xbox, the only good shooter on Xbox for quite some time, and it has accumulated an entire generation of now-adult nostalgics, then-kids who went on the emergent social platforms of the internet militarily extolling its alright gameplay.
And destiny is a heap of polish with barely anything worth the jerking motion.

Infinite Space
Anarchy Reigns wasn't BAD but it was pretty mediocre
Both Star Fox games sucked, though I'll cede that they probably don't deserve blame for Ninty forcing a gimmick control scheme
And of course Korra and TMNT, but those are Activision titles.

EA Games. It's in the game.

All kirby games except rainbow curse are experiments.

Hal Labratory inc. is Nintendo's experimental section of games. Normally always pushing something new and different so that other games like Zelda and Mario don't get the shit on for.
>Infinite Space
I'm guessing you didn't play it and just picked the odd one out.
>Anarchy Reigns
Yeah, medicore is what I would call it. Loved the music though.
>Both Star Fox Games
Again. They just did character models. Likes like blaming a bad move on the caterer.
>the Activision titles.
Can only do so much with so many restrictions, little money, and time.

They still get praised to high heaven all this years later

I don't care for RPGs so IS is always low on my list.

Star Fox Zero they did more than just make models. They were core engineers, even if they weren't design leads. On the other hand, I just refuse to believe that "dodge rolling chicken walker mode" wasn't a Platinum invention, but okay, whatever, I'm still willing to blame the worst design choices on Ninty

As for the Activision games, budget don't mean shit. Transformers Devastation was a masterpiece, and it had a lower budget than TMNT. What matters is passion for the project, and P* just phoned it in on Korra and TMNT, they put a weak director and design leads on them.

They didn't bring all that much to the industry. Their biggest contribution was helping shape how console online multiplayer is handled.

Haven't played the new Nier but they've definitely dropped some major mediocre titles. It's a shame considering they had a flawless record of some of the best action titles out, but now that's been tarnished to pay the bills. Hell, at least they still exist.

They make mediocre to above mediocre games that are praised as the second coming of Christ. They're the definition of overrated. Hell, most people here seem to think that both GTA4 and 5 are lacking in comparison to SA and Red Dead.

Really, the insain praise Rockstar gets is kinda gross.

>Star Fox Zero they did more than just make models. They were core engineers,
but they're not. they are only credited for character models in the games credits.

>budget don't mean shit. Transformers Devastation was a masterpiece
But restrictions do. and they had full reign over that project. Also with all the praise people give Transformers devastation. why does nobody talk about the fact that you are driving in the same fucking city landscape for 95% of the game? the reason it was better than the other two is because they didn't make much of a stage to play on. They just honed the combat while leaving the stage design to rot.

Korra was great for what it was (a $15 downloadable title) and TFD was just straight up brilliant.

TMNT sucks but Activision pulled it from stores anyway due to a licensing dispute so who knows what sort of behind-the-scenes hurry-up they were given to get it out before the deal was up. Scalebound was obviously going to be a disaster, but it got shitcanned too.

So in a way, their worst games were erased. I don't know if that counts for or against their track record.

No one praises Ubisoft.

DK64 is a subpar game and Banjo ain't as good as Spyro or Crash imo.

They've made a big revival after basically remaking the same game 5 times, which is kind of sad. DMC1, 2 and 3 have seen more change mechanically than any Soulsborne game.

Beat me to it.

How young does that person have to be to understand that reference? I never watched that shit

>I'm super excited to see what they do with Scalebound
It got canned so they're doing nothing with it.

I never played Korra, and I was enjoying TFD despite it feeling a bit simple and too similar to their other games. I think the fact that TFD feels like Bayonetta light, is short, and cost 60 bucks on release annoyed a lot of people.

Either way, just really glad to see them drop a game that's selling well and is receiving critical praise.

>Also with all the praise people give Transformers devastation. why does nobody talk about the fact that you are driving in the same fucking city landscape for 95% of the game? the reason it was better than the other two is because they didn't make much of a stage to play on. They just honed the combat while leaving the stage design to rot.
So what you're saying is, they honed their development resources to a razor's edge to make sure that the most important part of the game was as good as it could be, even if the secondary bullshit wasn't as polished? That sounds like EXACTLY how you develop a budget title.

And the TFD stage design was actually really good. Yes, it was essentially just two levels (the city and the Proudstar) but they were so well-put-together; the racetrack through the city with boosts and jumps, all the secret areas, the bridge, plus all those Furi-style Hex-Cell shifting maps in the Proudstar? That was cool as fuck.

They had what essentially amounted to a Doom map built into a Proudstar hex cell challenge mission. They did amazing stuff with limited resources with the game, and managed to make the art itself polished and consistent.

I STILL have more fun running around exploring the TFD map than I do the Bayo and Bayo 2 maps. Granted it's not their BEST level design work, but it's certainly not bad. Better than TMNT at least (if TMNT did have somewhat better mobility options).

The only good thing Bungie ever did was quick and easy matchmaking.

Halo was a subpar shooter that just happened to be in the right place at the right time. A couple memorable elements become icons, not because they were great, but because the collective awareness of them was huge, but nerds still felt like an underground community. A recipe for cult status that got catapulted to mainstream. But the maps are bad, the guns are bad, the characters are bad, the story is pretty bad. The flood were decent, but then they ruined them.

Destiny just proves how bad Bungie always was. A terrible game that relies on addiction generating gameplay to keep users on a micro-transaction platform that has no excitement, no skill, and no impact.

I've never liked Halo multiplayer but it's probably the deepest fps console game out there. At least the deepest one that's popular, that one UT xbox game actually seemed like it had some decent depth to it.

Brawl and Tr4sh aren't made by HAL, you retards.

That being said the only bad kirby games are Mass Attack and Squeak Squad, though most of the rest of the series is painfully mediocre.

Halo has the depth of your mom's vagina.

Deeper than the Marianas trench then? Shit I may have to pick it up then.

James cameroon could fit the whole pandora down there

Granted, but the design leads are the same
Kinda like Infinity Ward's old designers making Titanfall