Why didn't the Crow just fly the Chosen Undead to Anor Londo instead?

Why didn't the Crow just fly the Chosen Undead to Anor Londo instead?

crows are dicks

Because *blocks your path*

Have you seen those archers?
If Gough can take down a dragon, those archers can take down a freaking crow.

THey had noses????

cause thou hath to proof thine worth first, oh chosen undead.

Why did the crow even give a fuck?

Imagine doing Anor Londo with your starting gear/levels.

Even SL1 Pyro runs rely on upgrading your pyromancy, which you can't do in AL.

>Woah you're the chosen Undead?
>Huh, I'll drop ya off at Ole Londo then, have fun getting your dick stomped!

The Crow was probably either a manifestation of the Goddess Velka or someone close to her, so they had a deep understanding of how the world worked. You had to ring the two bells in order to be judged strong enough to come to "The City of the Gods".

So either Velka wasn't gonna step on Gwyns toes and override his orders and bypass the Bells, or she knew it was futile to bring you directly to Anor Londo as you'd be torn to shreds by the "Angels" because you hadn't rang their bells yet.

IRC, the Chosen Undead was just the first part of the prophecy, the next step was the Chosen Undead had to ring the two bells.

Presumably Velka is on the same side as Gwyn since she's a god, so I think she's just part of this whole conspiracy. The whole point of ringing bells and getting the Lord Vessel instead of them just giving it to you is to ensure that you are strong enough to kill the 4 final bosses and bring their souls to the Kiln, they need to fatten you up a bit so you can get the job done and burn for a good while. The crow is the only way out of the Asylum that we know of anyway, so I don't know what anyone was expecting to happen if they didn't plan on the crow taking you away.

I don't know about same side as Gwyn since the crow does take you back to get the Peculiar Doll and all her stuff is locked away with Priscilla in the painted world, but it's been a while; that said she likely wants you keeping the fire burning either way for the sake of her continued existence.

>Presumably Velka is on the same side as Gwyn since she's a god
Nope

VELKA

Why wouldn't Velka be on his side? She has a fire soul like him and would naturally want to be part of the plan to keep the First Flame alive.

>She has a fire soul like him
Not confirmed she isn't one of the lord.

Anyone who wasn't a human or a dragon had a flame soul, and all of the gods most likely got their fragment from Gwyn.

As said it's been a while, but I distinctly remember the painted world being a sort of prison for Priscilla and other things deemed a danger to the gods, and the painted world is full of crow-like enemies and Velka-related equipment. Pretty sure there's a spell or miracle that calls her a rogue god too.

Just looked it up to be sure I wasn't misremembering. From Vow of Silence, found in the Painted World

>Secret rite of black-haired witch Velka.
Prevents casting of magic within effect area.
>Velka, the Goddess of Sin, is a rogue deity,
but she is versed in arts both new and old,
and is considered to have a great range of
influence even as gods are concerned.

The crow has a life, y'know

She literally made equipment to kill gods m8

Silver knight archers

Get more souls doing the easy stuff first. Chosen undead is literally meant to get lots of strong souls to kindle the first flame IIRC.

Its a bird, not an uber. You don't really get to ask where to go.

>tfw too intelligent

be ause it didnt have a nest there...

Velka's trying to tell us we're self employed...Caw!