What are we thinking lads?

What are we thinking lads?

youtube.com/watch?v=0TfTdqqjbW0

Medieval 3?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terracotta_Army
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Looks like a Pyramid type building in the background and a jungle. Maybeeeeeeeeee Central America?

If only we had some autists on here that new bird calls.

I hope it's not meso america or some asian shit. But I think it's gonna be somewhere in Asia personally, because didn't they say they were going to go somewhere new? China would be a contender I suppose.

it's warhammer 2

Looked at /twg/ there. Some are saying Southeast Asian, but then one user makes the case that it's not history this time. Could be a dinosaur type setting

History is next time, this is the first of two (stand alone) Warhammer expansions.

>Chinese wars
Please

this.

Central America (in fact, entire America) is the least suitable locale for a TW game even when you consider all the historical (and pre-historical) periods

From the trees and the far away structure my bet is on China (if not some crappy fantasy setting again)

China? Three kingdoms?

Nobody wants Chink shit, it's all anime garbage instead of actual history

It's the TW: Warhammer standalone expansion that will feature the Lizardmen. It will probably also have the high and dark elves as well as the Skaven, but I think Lizardmen are the only ones you can be 100% sure about right now.

Your post makes no sense. It is actualy history, it's just been interpeted as Anime garbage by Koei

>Lizardmen
Honestly,I haven't played TW:Warhammer because it seems a little high fantasy for me. Is it any good to non warhammer fans?

That's how it's always been portrayed by the Chinese and that's how it will continue to be portrayed for all eternity.

Not worthwhile in terms of history, if you want Chinese "history" just go play Dynasty Warriors

Surprised they're still making these games. Most game companies have gone full blown jew and are pushing multiplayer competitive garbage because it's the cheapest way to print money off addicts

I thought it was kind of meh honestly
It's more of a casual easy mode Total War like Shogun 2, but not as good

The game is pretty much carried by the setting

Never touched a warhammer anything before TW:Warhammer and thought it was fun. Seiges are wonky and autoresolve is broken, but pretty fun all around.

Will we ever, EVER get a medieval 3?

Oh wait, scratch that, Warhammer Lizard expansion pretty much confirmed. *sigh*

>It is actualy history

Didn't Chinese basically eschew history/archaeology so for the most part, it's just peasant stories (which would be user's point)?

Also to add to this. I was not a fan of Rome 2 Total War or Shogun 2 Total War gameplay
They tried with a Total War MOBA called Total War Arena, but it was a failure.

>Medieval 3

Not any time soon, the next Total War definitely isn't a setting we have seen before and they don't seem inclined to make anything with a "3" in the title

Yes.

The Chinese actively work to have their history portrayed as this wonky land of myth and legend.

No actual history is to be found, instead you get anime.

Central america or Lizardmen expansion for Warhammer probably the later because nobody gives a fuck about central-America

we've already had this fucking discussion OP

its fucking Lustria. expect Lizardmen/Skaven, maybe High Elves.

sorry historyfags

>instead you get anime.

Anime is Japanese cartoons.
Anything not made in Japan can't be anime.

Building in the background is from Lustria

Well Chinese were one of the first to have access to paper and so documentation of their history actually goes back quite a bit. Now it is true that a lot of stuff regarding the personalities, battles, and physical descriptions of historical figures have been skewed through folklore and tales passed through generations.

They have hard evidence of armies from that period as can be seen: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terracotta_Army

>crappy fantasy setting
>warhammer

m8

>China and Japan
>any difference whatsoever
>implying

I doubt it's going to be Medieval 3. Personally I think they need to take the series' campaign mechanics in a different direction and make it much more moddable to come close to what made Medieval 2 and Rome 1 so good.

If it is actually just a Warhammer expansion, then I'm fine with that, but it's lame of them to say "the next Total War" if it's just a development of the current one.

HISTORY FAGS BTFO

LIZARDMEN CONFIRMED

LONG LIVE FANTASY

>jungle
>pyramid of the old ones
>CHINA?

holy fuck you are retarded!

stay delusional bros

Did you know that the Chinese actively try and prevent archaeologists from opening further terracotta soldier lairs?
Do you want to know why?

Because they hate history. They want it to be anime and not real founded facts.

You might as well take the Iliad as a word for word account of actual history, without ever trying to discern what is fiction and if there might be some basis in reality

It is common knowledge that they are making 2 warhammer games

everyone is retarded on Sup Forums today

china is a desert colossus and japan is a sea dragon

this is literally the oldest metaphor ever. china is filled with desert imagery and personifications both politically and geographically. chungking express expresses the desert of commerce. japan is filled with ferocious and biting tradition by way of honor. yojimbo expresses the futility of forsaking your fiery heritage, hokusai makes iconic the strength of japanese tradition.

so crappy they nuked it and added space marines.

I don't give a shit what kind of snake you use to symbolize the place in your anime

>avoid playing Dwarves because they always seemed autistic to me
>muh grudges
>muh great holds
>muh tradition
>muh beards
>finally start out their grand campaign
>fight against greenskins from the get go
>discover grudge throwers
>discover thunderers

i feel like i've been missing out. their tech is crazy. their siege engines are insane, their missile/range troops are fun as fuck, considering many of them can hold their own in melee and are armored/shielded.

also

>firedrakes behind lines of ironbreakers

kek

>mfw see ironbreakers lobbing satchel charges at waves of rushing goblins

I bet there will be history fags screaming when the trailer comes out as if they were promised anything

I've no idea what you're getting at. Chinese people are really nationalist and this army has been viewed and researched by scientists and archaeologists from all over the world.

Now saying that I could undestand why they wouldnt like to know more about the Terracotta army since the Qin dynasty were the Han dynasties first enemies. If you count Chu's (the founder of the Han dynasty) revolt as a real war between enemies. It was more like he stepped in to control a displaced China.

Most people in China are descended from the Han dynasty.

>it's just peasant stories

That's literally all of history until the 17th century where you had proper historians

Calling it "the next Total War" implicitly asserts it's not just more being added to the current one.
Ignoring that and assuming that everyone has knowledge of some obscure WFB lore is what's retarded desu.

Its highly likely its the warhammer 2. Lizard men, skaven and pointy ears. It fits the tropical whatever pretty nicely and chances of it being some random history thing at this point are low at best.

it's literally Warhammer: Part 2

total war polynesia

how to git gud with dwaves? what's the right way to play them? i noticed they are very slow, so i'm trying to set up formations either on high ground or form natural choke points with troop formations. so far, cavalry units have been giving me some troubles, when they manage to break formation and get on top of my quarellers/thunderers. what's a good way to defend against cavalry with dwarves?

>Because they hate history. They want it to be anime and not real founded facts.

More like the gommie govt hates anything "old" and goes against the cultural revolution.

The expansions (this is one of two) work stand alone so you could go and view them like their own games

If you install them together with the base game they expand it and add to the map

History fags actually play the games and know what this announcement is about since they literally told us when they announced Warhammer and explained what exactly their next games will be.

>obscure lore

u wot m8

judging by your logic, everything warhammer related is "obscure lore".

Star Wars Total war

Total Star Wars

Here's a temple from Tibet in China. Notice the similarities?

There is a lot of forest in tibet too.

It's going to be meso america, india or asian shit, they said it's a completely new setting.

No, Anime is short for animation. It doesn't matter if it's western made or eastern made.

Do you live under a rock?

It's the Warhammer expansion, we know this since forever

>That's literally all of history until the 17th century
There were chroniclers before that, and the methodology that separates "scientific" history from earlier or polemic history is much later than the 17th century.

>so you could go and view them like their own games
It's an "expandalone" then, like FOTS, not a truly independent game.

>obscure lore
Well, it's not Sigmar, Greenskins, steampunk dwarves or skaven, so yeah, it's relatively obscure.

>watching some documentary about early humans
>"...chinese are leading researcher of human evolution..."
>"wait, what? don't chinese really hate niggers? and deny any historical relations to african?"
>"...a new species human was found in the asia, most of the asian people are their descendants..."

Only if we still had this kind of freedom to say things...

ironbreakers are fucking crazy, the ammount of punishment they can take

ironbreakers and longbeards have charge defence vs any kind of unit. start experimenting with them

>Notice the similarities?

Sure, unless you are a lobotomized retard lacking any sense of scale

I remember this Chinese researcher spending 20 years trying to prove that Chinese aren't homo sapiens and instead their own thing

He was wrong, I would have believed him though

but it is skaven you fucking retard, literally read my post

>skaven
>lizardmen
>high elves

>The Next Total War
>it's just an expansion

really makes me think

Stand alone expansion

you are a mouth breathing faggot it says NEW TOTAL WAR

That means NEW SETTING dumb dibshit

bet you are american

It's the next fantasy game retard. Are you doing this just to bait?

I'm pretty sure they don't have the right technology to preserve the tomb.

+ the tomb is filled with the mercury.

Are... are you under the impression that the Cultural Revolution is still going on?
Because it's not.

They're doing mercury test to locate the main tomb.

>That means NEW SETTING dumb dibshit

Oh so they didn't say "new Total War" when they released Medieval 2, Shogun 2, Rome 2 or Attila then

good to know

The posts I was replying to said nothing about them. Point is, "weird tower that's clearly Asian-influenced" is obscure enough that a filthy fucking casual like myself would not immediately make the connection to wherever in the lore you think it's DEFINITELY set in. Hence calling it "obscure".

Not the user but personally I'd be really disappointed if it was just another Warhammer universe game. The fact the stream is emphasising New Total War makes me hope it's something new.

>It's the next fantasy game
What you're describing is literally a DLC/expansion.
Unless they make it in a new engine and make it incompatible with the current TWW, and charge the price for a full game, it's not a sequel, it's an expansion.

I think they said something about the next historical title being in development, including a new engine.
All the warhammer stuff will run on the same engine and is making money hand over fist, so it's the obvious candidate from an financial standpoint.

>ot the user but personally I'd be really disappointed if it was just another Warhammer universe game
Well, prepare to be disappointed then, I guess. Have CA confirmed how this expansion will work? Will we see the new races on the grand campaign map even if we haven't bought the expansion, similar to DLCs?

Well it's the next Total War Warhammer game. It doesn't really matter what you want to call it

Vietnam anyone???

>you can literally hear some demonic roars and shit
>temple have fucking horns on top

It's totally going to be historical guys!

Fucking christ, call me when the warham garbage ends, not even Games Workshop cares about it anymore.

It's stand alone

Why are you getting so hung up on the wording if literally all of us know what the game is

>Well it's the next Total War Warhammer game
It's not its own game if it's dependent on the setting and technology of the currently existing game.

Unless you think Warhammer has as many "games" as the main game has DLCs.

You can literally buy it and play it without owning the original, if that doesn't make it a game, then what the fuck does?

>Why are you getting so hung up on the wording if literally all of us know what the game is
Because calling DLC to the current game "the next game" is cancerous.

It's stand alone, it's not DLC.

I can't tell if you're refusing to believe its Warhammer or just purely here to argue semantics

>You can literally buy it and play it without owning the original

Standalone expansions are a thing. But being caught up on terminology is pretty stupid. It will cost $60 and have about the same amount of content as the base Warhammer TW release and it quite literally expands it too so calling either a game or an expansion is fine. No need for all this autism.

Already told you: not being made with the exact same technology and setting as the game currently existing. And not folding into the main game when you have both.

>new setting not covered yet
>Early Medieval already kind of covered by Age of Charlemagne
Unfortunately no, it's going to be China or some shit.

>not being made with the exact same technology and setting as the game currently existing
Dude what? Have you played a sequel to a game in the past 15 years?

>They tried with a Total War MOBA called Total War Arena, but it was a failure.
wat

It's not even out yet. They did a trial run and it was a massive success.

That's the communist government more than anything, and IIRC they've even relaxed their policies and are allowing more foreign historical and archaeological pursuits now.

The CCP was founded on rejecting the old Chinese empires, and they made it a policy going forward to attempt to eradicate any trace of dynastic history, traditions, and culture. Fortunately we already had a great deal of Chinese history brought to the west during the Qing dynasty, and the great Qing archives are still largely untouched by the CCP. China's ancient history is still full of myths, just like Europe's and everywhere else, but from around the Tang onward we have an abundance of evidence and a clear narrative.

its clearly a lizardman temple

>But being caught up on terminology is pretty stupid.
It's stupid to call an expansion a game in its own right, just because it's standalone. It's CA's fault for describing it beyond the scope of what it will be.
Also I'd be surprised if it'll be 60 dollars, since it definitely won't be worth that much. It'll be 30 if they aren't trying to milk people because of muh GW IP or because of presenting it as a full game in its own right.

Now you're the one stretching semantics.
It's the equivalent of calling Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry as much of a "sequel" to Black Flag as Unity was.

No you mouth breathing retard, it says NEXT total war, not NEW total war.

holy fuck how some of you can be so stupid is mind boggling.

>inb4 retarded fantasy game again
I swear I hated them so much for making Warhammer instead of an actual Total War style game

E M P I R E 2

M

P

I

R

E

EMPIRE 2
MPIRE
PIRE
IRE
RE
E

FULL WORLD MAP
ULL WORLD MAP
LL WORLD MAP
L WORLD MAP

WORLD MAP
ORLD MAP
RLD MAP
LD MAP
D MAP

MAP
AP
P

There's two standalone expansions for Warhammer that are coming, these will be "new games".

There's also a new historical Total War game coming which is going to be in a previously-unused era.

China would be interesting and fun though

Warhammer total war 2

I am about to start a Chaos campaign in TWW, can you give me any tips?

Also, I play a co-op campaign with a friend, can I install mods for my solo campaign or will it break the co-op one?

Guess what?

Thanks Doggo