Is skyrim a good game?

It's more fun to install mods than it is to play the actual game.

I have like 600 hours in it.
It's not. The game is shit.

Lately I tried getting into the game for like the 10th time, but no. The game is dogshit

It is

But it's nothing special

>600 hours
>It's shit

Best open world game out there, nothing comes even close. I have over 1k hours in modded Morrowind and half that in modded Oblivion, by the way.

422 recorded ones and around 200+ back when I had it pirated. It's really shitty but yeah it's fun to mod and wander around exploring I guess, not much else. Love TES lore too but it's not like Skyrim contributed with anything meaningful.

You can turn it into one with enough mods (preferably of the combat and spell varieties), like with any Source-shooter or nu-Fallout.

Otherwise if we're talking vanilla: Witcher 3 has a better open-world, BotW has better mechanics, Morrowind/Oblivion have better role-playing and wait for Mordhau if you want a good sword-clasher (unless you don't mind Chivalry's exploit-autists).

It was good but now it requires mods to be up to date

>short answer: no
>long answer: fuck no

Best of 2011 and the best open-world game of this decade so yes.

This shouldn't be as true as it is.

It´s honestly really bad. 6/10 if you go vanilla I´d say. But It doesn´t get much better with mods. It´s shallow, uninspired gratification machine. Normies like that stuff.

Skyrim contributed a shitton to TES lore; what are you smoking?

Its meh, but there is no rival on the RPG market.

Yes. Modding makes it great.

It's a shitty game with a shitty story and shitty dialogue, but for some reason it's still really fun especially with mods.

>Love TES lore too but it's not like Skyrim contributed with anything meaningful.

I'm calling bullshit on this one. either that or you spent 600+ hours installing sex mods

I can think of Falmer and Dragon Cult and that's literally it.

It's shallow like a wide beautiful ocean that is one inch deep.

>walking around constantly
>shit combat

Oh but, muh mods

Open World games have killed the industry.