Strange Journey

They ruined it.

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2017/03/first-look-shin-megami-tensei-deep-strange-journey
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's symbolic of the change to the series itself.

Let it to Sup Forums to find stupid shit to complain about.

explain

>all that detail lost with new Gore
RIP Kaneko.

Only Gore got fucked over.

they're rereleasing strange journey on the 3ds and it has
>shittier art
>new otaku bait waifu character
>easier gameplay

>complaining about icons that will appear for a minimum amount of time
who fucking cares

>Junpeinez

>jiminez plastic hair
>mc's baby face
>zelenin blank face and no smug hand wave

Junpei has no right to be in Strange Journey.

>we want the Pershuna audience

The new artist has blatantly just traced over Kaneko's art so Zelenin's hand wave will still be there, but they just cut it out of the video for some reason.

they look the same, stop complaining, you clearly havenĀ“t lived a dragon age 2 situation

Persona 4 was a mistake

What happened to Kaneko?

I miss Kaneko

It is literally going to be the Persona 4 Golden of mainline SMT games, they even are already shoehorning in some mary sue bitch that has no reason to be in the game.

what's the point of making a remake when it looks exactly the same as the original and they just add some dumb NPC that adds nothing?

>they look the same

You won't be able to tell the difference on a fucking 3DS

You post that like nu Megaten fans have played SMT I

Probably Arthritis or Carpal Tunnel, the curses of all artists

Because it's not a remake. It's a port with added content.

>remake
they're just porting the original ds version and tacking on some shit like they did with devil survivor and soul hackers.

It's Doi though, not Soejima.

I applaud Japan for their continued fight for diversity in video games! Hopefully the west learns from them

So it's better then?

What did they mean by this?

>SPEES MARINE went from hard looking to soft as fuck
Doi was a mistake

>easier gameplay

Why? The game wasn't THAT hard in the first place. If you were so shit at fusing demons that you couldn't progress then you could just grind up some macca and use a password demon from any of the online guides.

hes referring to the fact you can save anywhere now. He can literally just not use that feature if he wants to be a tryhard

Not to mention the Sectors weren't hard, just tedious.

>Old: Everyone in the same order. Equal!
>New: black man above white man

jep... its ruined!

Persona 4 destroyed Atlus, Persona 4 was a huge fucking mistake, now Atlus has foresaken the dedicated fans who kept them afloat for all these years to pander to tumblr normalfag numale cucks

Atlus is dead, say hello to Neo-Atlus

I miss Kaneko and they're only adding waifushit because their fucking Japanese playerbase wanted it

>not wanting savescumming through puzzles to be an option makes you a tryhard
Saving anywhere is the only thing that's confirmed so far, I'm sure they're going to nerf some of the things people complained about like Ouroboros and Mem Aleph. P4 wasn't even hard and they nerfed bosses in P4G.

Are you literally retarded? Japan doesn't care about that kind of stuff. Otaku killed Atlus.

>they're only adding waifushit because their fucking Japanese playerbase wanted it
You're wrong, SMT has existed for 3 decades just fine, it's only now that it's gotten popular with ironic weebs and tumblr that they have started shoehorning this shit in

They're pandering to the West now because that's where the games are selling the most

why would they remove detail?
why did they need to add marie 3.0?

>otaku victim blaming

Hello tumblr! Yes it's all the original fans fault that this shitlordy game doesn't offer fag romance options! Fucking pissbaby exclusionary otaku nerds!

At least her design is nowhere near as bad as Marie's.

Has Sup Forums finally acknowledged that SMT Strange Journey is the best RPG ever made by Atlus?

Otakus didn't play SMT until Persona 4 and Shin Megameme Reddit IV

They had surveys in Japan asking if they wanted more attractive girls in SMT

I just hope that she isn't incredibly cringey like marie.

So it's a remake?
Is there any reason for playing the original?

I'm reasonably sure that you won't need to listen to any shitty poetry this time.

Her design is out of place so she's already a negative

>Otakus didn't play SMT until Persona 4 and Shin Megameme Reddit IV

He was literally above you since he was your commander and all...

enhanced port

think Devil Survivor Overclocked and P4G

I dunno man my personal favorite is Digital Devil Saga/Avatar Tuner. SJ is good though. I'm a sucker for Etrian Odyssey lookalikes.

>white man
Doomguy was japanese in the japanese version of the original and american in the western release, despite using the same art.

>I'm a sucker for Etrian Odyssey lookalikes.
They're called dungeon crawlers you fucking baby.

You can be a Japanese American

>tfw strange journey would sell like fucking shit in japan if they didnt add her

really makes you think

Please tell me you can kill her

Hopefully this time they let you choose your stat distribution instead of trying it to a personality test.

only way I can accept her is if she ends up being a demon and I get to kill her

Why is she so out of place?

It's the jacket.

>make a game where everyone is a jumpsuit wearing space marine
>EXCEPT THIS BITCH WHO BROUGHT HER CASUAL WEAR ONTO THE SHIP

WHY NOT JUST USE THAT FACE BUT DRAW A SPACE SUIT ON HER SO SHE FITS IN

She's obviously not from the ship though.

The headphones, the hood, and the weird chin thing she's got going on

She's gonna be the main character of a new route where everybody lives with a happy ending
I really hope I'm wrong

It'd be pretty funny if the twist is that she steps foot into the Schwartzelt and dies immediately or gets turned into a demon because she wanted to be special

>another new Poochie-tier waifu
I thought they learned their lesson after every man alive hater Marie.

That's almost certainly what will happen. With the demon looming over her in the promo art, I'm 99% certain she's a half-demon of some sort.

In other words, "It's okay when III and IV does it!"

Of course not.
Look forward to another polarising extra female character being added to Persona 5 in its re-release down the line.

I do think Mem Aleph could be better tuned. But we're talking literally final boss, so not a big deal.

I fucking love it when they prevent you from minmaxing, but yeah a gamable personality test is not the answer.

>isn't wearing a demonica

Why isn't she dead?

I'd be happy if there let you have a more viable build other than luck, seriously i want to be SMT Doomguy not the vending machine for my demobs

headphones keep her alive

Is Lucy trapping again?

Doesn't he basically become an avatar of a god or something, too?

>>zelenin blank face and no smug hand wave
She looks almost the same but without the hand up. I do agree with most of what you said though.

No, he becomes something like a collective will of humanity. Zelenin became God's slave.

Do you think it will be a porting disaster like DS:Overclocked?

>foresaken the dedicated fans who kept them afloat
Except Atlus was on the edge of death until Persona 3 came out. Muh bit of Otaku fanservice is an okay loss if it means Atlus still makes games.

>literally added yukiko, persona shit to smt
the series is dead bros
not too long before smt 3:sunshine comes out

What's wrong with Overclocked port?

We all wanted a SJ remake but got monkey paw'd instead.

why the fuck didn't they at least change the poses or something, this reeks of laziness

Very lazy and rushed. Bad voice acting. Can lag a lot at times and there were even reports of it crashing randomly. Pure money grab, plain and simple.

Will they make it so I don't have to grind to even stand a chance against the final boss?

are these the only screens out right now?

Looks like they're just using SMT IVs engine

He did this though not too long ago.

Probably. There's Press Turn as well, so you won't necessarily need everyone on the same alignment either.

It died when IV came out. Let it go.

gematsu.com/2017/03/first-look-shin-megami-tensei-deep-strange-journey

inb4
>Gematsu
>pastebin

sup dude?

Are they gonna have a bad mix of artstyles between Doi, new Kaneko and old Kaneko?

Thanks

Oh god

>Looks like they're just using SMT IVs engine
That's a new level of laziness from Atlus. I know they put minimal effort in these ports, but at least try to remake the game properly.

Fuck Atlus and fuck everything

>Jimenez_post_stroke.jpg

was it any different with IV and Apocalypse