Is Bioware fucked now?

Is Bioware fucked now?

Other urls found in this thread:

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-03-27-mass-effect-andromeda-tops-uk-charts-but-cant-match-mass-effect-3
consumerist.com/2013/04/09/ea-makes-worst-company-in-america-history-wins-title-for-second-year-in-a-row/
youtube.com/watch?v=neTTQLbmhcA
youtube.com/watch?v=kXdYlKu3qZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=3IUT0QU6Xo4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I really find no problem with it. It's okay, not really much of a flop.

The only problem people have with it are Animations, everything else people seem to be okay with

Worse games have spawned sequels

This.
The walking animation looks awkward and the running animations look like the MC has trouble running. SOME facial problems and at that. Everything else is a-okay

How did it sell? I know it got savaged by reviewers but that doesn't really mean anything these days.

>bad game
>millions of sales

no

I'm not sure about that, the writing sucks, the menus are terrible, etc. I haven't played it but that's what I've seen. This game should have been the game to prove that Mass Effect is still good, after the Mass Effect 3's ending. Even normalfags hated the ending but they usually said, "Everything was fine but the ending." Instead it's gotten pretty bad reviews and youtubers doesn't like it either.

When Witcher 3 is the pinnacle of RPGs, Mass Effect Andromeda will do just fine.

Bioware Montreal might be fucked, although the main studio in Edmonton should still be standing.

What's the multiplayer like? I was pleasantly surprised when I found out the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer was legitimately fun, maybe this game is the same?

Try telling that to EA

>millions of people supported Hitler
>Nazi Germany was good

>millions of sales

Doubtful. Even normies have turned against it.

>What's the multiplayer like?
I'm actually having a lot of trouble connecting since launch, that might be Sony and not EA though. It's not bad. Not as fun as ME3 because the enemies are a bit too spongy. It's good, though, when I can play it.

mass effecet has been absolut shit and has has garbage writing ever since the second game

the reason anyone liked mass effect 2 is only because it's trendy

it became trendy to hate them by the time the third game came out

you're all retarded, anyone who liked mass effect 2 is a fucking shit tier dunce sheep

Yeah, that doesn't make ME:A automatically good, though.

The dialogue is really bad throughout the game.

It's also filled with bugs and doesn't run well on any platform.

How do these mining drones work? Is it a one time resource thing or does not stay there and collect more?

writing is the same as always

>The only problem people have with it are Animations, everything else people seem to be okay with

Horse shit. The writing is absolute garbage and that's something which was mentioned in most of the reviews. Stop trying to rewrite history, shill.

>anyone who liked mass effect 2 is a fucking shit tier dunce sheep
Was it a masterpiece? No. ME2 was like a Hollywood movie. You don't remember it but at least it was entertaining. Entertainingly dumb. Something like Andromeda is just inexcusable garbage.

Just a one time thing.

Because a few autistic manchildren won't buy their game, which they probably wouldn't anyway?don't think so

Damn. Just researched my first full set of armour but I've got no idea where to find most of the resources

Kaiden is more interesting than anyone in ME:A and that's saying alot.

You can buy most stuff from vendors.

People liked ME1 because it's an RPG
People liked ME2 because it's a third person shooter

That's why there's such a split in ME fans. 3 just sucked in every regard.

Never trust normies, they will say one thing and do another

In this case, it is buy a game they say sucks
Happened with CoD too

>"I think I pissed that one off!"
>"Maybe because I shot it in the face!"

The Cisquisition style of world sucks, and there's not as much roleplay options as the previous MEs, the only good thing is the fluid combat but that's enough to salvage it

looking at videos, andromeda seems to have better firefights than 2

>Nazi Germany was bad
why do people always use that one analogy that proves them wrong?

It does.

ME2's gameplay is worse than the first game. 90% of your time in ME2 is sitting behind cover stripping defenses from enemies.

The problem is that the game world is beautiful, the gameplay is pretty fucking fun, and the main story is generic but not bad. What totally ruined the game for me wasn't the shitty animations, it was how terrible all the characters are. The interactions between the characters are just down right cringe-worthy. I would feel embarrassed playing this game in front of somebody because of all the fan-fiction tier writing. How do you spend 10s of millions of dollars on a game end up with such shit writing? Did the devs not realize it was shit while they were making it? Do they just not care? I'm not mad, just sad to see how far bioware has fallen.

It is apparently still selling pretty well:

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-03-27-mass-effect-andromeda-tops-uk-charts-but-cant-match-mass-effect-3

I swear to fucking God, EA Games could literally shit on blu ray and call it game, and these braindead fucktards would rush out to buy it. Why aren't people boycotting EA Games? They were voted worst company in America two years in a row from consumerist ffs.

consumerist.com/2013/04/09/ea-makes-worst-company-in-america-history-wins-title-for-second-year-in-a-row/

I appreciated both of them for what they were, although I really don't like how they toned down biotics in ME2. Biotic charge made Vanguard a lot of fun, but no longer being able to fuck with the environment like you could in ME1 made playing Adept feel like a chore.

Nope. Sup Forums was wrong again. Just like always.

>TFW when the the godawful animations are the only thing people are talking about
>Not the embarrassingly lacking game with less content than ME1 and a story with seemingly less effort put into it than ME3

Worst part is choosing to focus on just one of the many aspects of this awful game is going to make normies think we're just overreacting and think it's worth $60 or $200 or whatever they're charging for this trash.

EA Montreal is a subsidized labor camp, it's not going anywhere until the funding dries up.

>No other worthwhile games out right now
>Triple AAA trash is able to beat absolutely nothing

Wow, my almonds = activated.

It's not the next tortanic like Sup Forums claimed it would be. I was only stating the obvious.

This is an experiment by EA to see just how shitty a game has to be before nobody buys it.

>the writing is fanfiction tier
That's exactly why they thought it would work. The whole thing feels like what corporate people thought fans would want based primarily on what the loudest of fans would never shut up about. It feels cliche to say tumblr, but that's all I can think of.

The reason no one is talking about the lack of content is because the game overloads you with waypoints to distract you.

One of my best buds is a serious gaming pleb. Through him I get to see what seriously casual types have to put up with. He thinks the game is massive and is chok full of shit to do because at most points in the game there is a shitload of quests and waypoints to fuck with. He gets sidetracked so easily that he seems to feel like the quests aren't all just fetchquests.

Multiply this concept by EA's massive casual market and bam. You know why no one seems to care.

>Did the devs not realize it was shit while they were making it?
It's ironic, isn't it? Western developers are obsessed with narrative and story and spend tens of millions of dollars to make games but they don't spend any of that money on a good writer or two.

the writing has been elementary school tier since the second game

Depends of which Bioware you are talking about.

Just close Montreal and have Edmonton keep putting out mediocre/okay RPGs while Austin keeps the F2P bucks rolling in.

Thanks for reminding me of that line. It really stood out as the absolute worst in the game so far. It's not just how cliche it sounds, but how hamfisted the delivery was.

It's not like previous Mass Effect was any better in that regard. Hearing "I will destroy you!" 500 times any time you fight anybody.

Montreal will just go back to being little brother.

>can't make any decisions withe narrative weight of Virmire
>can't be a renegade or even slightly rude to anyone in the game
>all of the dialogue choices range from "Yes, I agree" to "Yes, I agree but here's a clever quip instead!"
>story is a flat line from beginning to end. No ups, no downs, just one straightforward path to the end and is not well written anyway
>characters aren't characters, but NPCs with slightly more personality, whereas party members in the original trilogy felt like they each had a soul
>combat is more streamlined than ever, can only use three abilities at one time
>can't use squad mate abilities, or outfit them with weapons or different outfits, directing them to places and cover is a waste of fucking time
>main villain is so insufferably one dimensional he makes Corypheus look deep
>side quests are, despite Bioware insisting otherwise, incredibly irrelevant and tedious

Animations and faces are the least of this game's problems.

Not strictly true, although your opportunities are much less limited than before, and are also a lot more tame.

The game is more suited to a new player than a mass effect fan.
Writing is pretty shoddy and the game gets downright boring alot of the time.
IMO it's a 6/10 game from a series that has only made 9/10's
It won't meet it's sales goal of 3 million in the first 3 weeks, and it won't meet it's post 1 month sales goals.

Jesus christ Crack when?

theres definitely connection issues sometimes but its a great multiplayer, ive put more time into it than the actual story so far. Imo it improves on Me3 with all this mobility. Getting combos is pretty satisfying and although enemies are sponges it promotes teamwork and realistically if you're accurate and powerful enough you can erase just about anything in a few seconds.

Mass Effect 3 had better dialogue options and that shit was restricted to only two different responses. That is fucking sad.

The game is fun. That is all that matters.

>The game is fun

Based on what?

And it fails as a waifu simulator because I can't waifu the two characters I actually want to.

Fun is a buzzword.

>Sam Maggs worked in the game

youtube.com/watch?v=neTTQLbmhcA

ENEMIES EVERYWHERE!

Wh was this line so bad? Out of everything I saw that one line struck me as just really awful.

Witcher 3 is nothing of the sort. Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines is the height of RPG writing.

Yeah but that is just a generic combat dialogue line. The "I think I pissed that one off!" is an unique onetime combat "banter".

>can't use squad mate abilities, or outfit them with weapons or different outfits, directing them to places and cover is a waste of fucking time
>all of the dialogue choices range from "Yes, I agree" to "Yes, I agree but here's a clever quip instead!"

all of this. It feels as if the games been neutered. I feel like character interactions always have some sort of dialogue bias, as if you were wrong to chose this option instead of a genuine reaction to what you just said. Choosing the "right" options just ends in everyone agreeing.

also i really miss being able to designate teammate abilities and outfit them in newer better gear. at least the combats fun

Tortanic actually pulled a decent profit after going F2P.

An unfinished Source game from 2004 is the "height" of RPG writing

Maybe RPG as a genre was a mistake.

>>millions of sales
Source

Googling "andromeda sales" gives me articles all saying disappointing numbers.

So Cisquisition inSpace
Garbage

>An unfinished Source game from 2004 is the "height" of RPG writing

Sad, but true.

Yeah, but still. I think the writers for the new Bioware are really inspired by the recent Marvelshit. They all try to be witty, it's even in DC now.
>hey Batman, what's your superpower?
>I'm rich lol
Games try to copy movies and now they're trying to imitate Marvel. The thing is Marvel's dialogue is shit. It shouldn't exist in a game like Mass Effect, a game that's supposed to be about exploration and or being a leader and shit. Trying to be constantly witty just reminds me of assholes from high school who had no sense of humor. youtube.com/watch?v=kXdYlKu3qZ0

What does the engine have to do with the writing?

The dramatic music makes this scene even better

BUT THE GAMEPLAY

Really? Not the writing, the world building, the looping music, the not so subtle agenda pushing, everything you're fine with?

Serious question, Sup Forums.

At what point do we separate the art from the artist and at what point do you say fuck the art too?

>When Witcher 3 is the pinnacle of RPGs

you surely meant New Vegas

Biotics are the only fun part about the game.

>mass effect is now warframe

Oooh damn that must have hurt... that literally describes Revolution 60.

>be direct
>be sarcastic

I dunno, Sup Forums seems to be permanently stuck at the fuck the art level.

>they could've had the mocap in Spartan Training Gear with charges and ultraviolence
youtube.com/watch?v=3IUT0QU6Xo4
>instead they have limp-dicked baby-tier arm waving

You got that backwards.

>Hardly any of the complaints are about SJWs

Wow, it must actually be bad, then.

I think I know which animator made this

They were fucked since the day EA acquired them, their death was only a matter of time.

Well, yeah, but you know some of these tards stayed up for the release. Still more will buy it after the Sup Forums-heat dies down some, and they'll eat that shit with a spoon and beg for more.

>Curry Thunder
>poo in loo intensifies

Idk, EA just wants money, Bioware went full retard with today politics and all that bullshit while they dumbed down their games at the same time.
It's like If they wanted to get killed by EA.

it really does look like someone made it in the "the movies" game

What the actual fuck?

It's not hard to imagine most of those posts making sense in context. I'm not into the whole method of communicating through one-sided infrographs and cherrypicked out-of-context quotes.

Less than it's 3 mil goal in 3 weeks

When the factors that make the artist abhorrent leak into their work.

Have they come out and said anything publicly about this fuck-up?

That was 1st week of sales. GR: Wildlands - the game it knocked off 1st place beat it in second week sales.
Right now it's probably 5-9.

Sure, we'll just let this guy handle the production of entertainment media, I'm sure everything is alright forever.

PACK IT IN, GUYS. APPARENTLY ME:A IS DESTINED TO BE A TRIPLE PLATINUM SELLER OF THE CENTURY, IGNORE ALL CRITICISM, ASK NO QUESTIONS, FORM NO OPINIONS. JUST GO BUY THE GAME YOU STUPID GOYIM.

You're smarter than 99% of Sup Forums and 100% of Sup Forums.