Why don't western developers attempt to create visual novels often?

Why don't western developers attempt to create visual novels often?

There are plenty of weebs for a market and an actually quality english visual novel will sell like hot cakes.

Other urls found in this thread:

animu-mango.wikia.com/wiki/VN_Recommendations
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

With the non-weeb western taste in women, it'll at least be "inclusive" for sure.

because visual novels are not videogames
and weebs only buy weebshit

There are a bunch of shitty western VNs on steam.

They do, they're called "Telltale".

theres depression quest

projects with small developer counts are called "indie" now
there are "indie" vns, plenty of them

there aren't large developer count vns, that would be pointless

Because it would be all inclusive and include all 7 genders and 50 sexualities.

this
not to mention all the garbage on kikestarter

Telltale are pretty much a visual novel company except their games actually have 3D characters and environments and don't drag a 2D character model across a static frame.

Why would a ''weeb'' be interested in america VN? Are you fucking retarded?

Imagine a major developer making a visual novel.

An obsidian entertainment visual novel.

They do, theres loads of shitty western VNs

Who here has played KS, liked it, and then began to regret it after learning more about anime and VNs?

why

you don't put 30 people on writing a story, that's fucking stupid and will make it inconsistent

They do
They are all in patreon and never get finished

>There are plenty of weebs for a market
>0.2% market in Japan pandering to a 0.002% market overseas

heh

One person for every route

This, it's not about style, anything from outside japan will be written off as not anime and banned from discussion.

Why would I regret it?
It was a fun gateway of the best kind to VNs.

A lot of amateur projects have shit art. Don't know about the writing.

The only VN I've ever played was Stein's Gate and it should've been a LN instead since it's pretty much a non-stop info dump with 0 interaction.

How many generals do they have now?

Its absolutely horrible when non nips try to copy anime artstyle.

Because part of the reason VNs are appealing is due to the Eastern themes and values, it's not just the visual side of things.

Aren't we ungrateful.

>learning more about anime
anime/manga is great, VNs are the shit encrusted ghetto of nerd culture. western VNfags are so lame they think Christine Love is a storytelling genius and the Stein's Gate VN has particularly good art

there's no VN equivalent of Ashita no Joe, Mind Game, Kaiji or anything of the sort because it's all aimed at a very specific sub-set of nerds. there's no such thing as VNs for audiences outside of the small niche that likes VNs except for the few indie hipster fags making "queer positive" VNs with Tumblr art that no one likes.

You are such a casual pleb is amazing.

tell me what patrician media I'm missing out on

Nigger VNs have the best writing among "otaku" related stuff.
Of course EOPs will never know about it

You legitimately have no idea what you're talking about. In terms of highest levels of quality
Manga>LN>VN>>>>>Anime

Not him, but

>inb4 Saya no Uta

I unironically enjoyed every christine love vn I played. They're all pretty fun and short so they never really have time to get boring

10 seconds in google you can find a bunch of charts recommending good VN. animu-mango.wikia.com/wiki/VN_Recommendations

VNs kick the shit out of LNs overall user.

Because why even try when the west won't come close to even topping Monster Girl Quest

I'm talking about highest level. Some VNs are really fucking good although yes most is trash.

>LN

Now THAT is the true cesspool of otaku trash.

Most of everything is trash

>VNs

I've played a lot of VNs, but have mostly grown out of them and anime. KS is probably one of the only ones I occasionally consider going back to play for fun, save for maybe Edelweiss because of the teacher route.
It wasn't egregiously long like Majikoi and Grisaia games, and the characters actually had more depth then the same generic animu characters I feel I see in every nip VN.

Im talking highest level too
VNs shit on LNs hard

and manga too IMO but thats highly debatable and not worth fighting over

The impression I've gotten about LNs are that only an insignificant amount get translated into english and then mostly by fans. Is this accurate?

Ignoring the fact you're underestimating numbers, you have to understand the importance of having a very dedicated fan base. 10 people buying 10 games is as good as 100 buying 1. Better, actually, because advertising is less necessary and sales will be more consistent.

>grown out of them and anime.
>implying taste is something you grow into or out of

Oh you are one of those people.

>LN
Why read books with anime characters instead of real books?

Name your top 5 favorite manga (or just 5 you really like) I'm legit curious

Also what are you reasons for thinking VNs are better than anime?
Some of the best manga doesn't even have writing at all.

You mean they dont have text
All stories have writing.

The better question is, who is best girl and why is it Lilly?

Story =/= writing. You can tell a story through pictures only and it's not like someone making a silent story is gonna write out everything that happens before drawing it.

>Name your top 5 favorite manga
I honestly cant answer that right now. I would need to go and think back over stuff I haven't read in 10 years. My all time favorite though is Angel Densetsu. Right now I really enjoy Tsugumomo as far as currently releasing series go.

>Why read books with anime characters instead of real books?
But are LN characters anime characters before they're adopted to anime?

Sure, enjoy moe blob slice of life #429 this season, or maybe you're more into rom com #833 where the characters never grow and the MC never commits to a girl so if it gets popular they can shit out 3 more seasons.
There's good anime but it's rare enough that I figure why bother, you can get the same wish fulfillment from JP web/light novels at a fraction of the time cost. Plus I'd rather just play vidya.

>(or just 5 you really like)
here I'll do it first

Devilman
Fuan no Tane
Lupin III
Nekojiru Udon
Violence Jack

I could name five hundred I really like, what is the point in that? I could cherrypick action series you approve of or list 5 pieces of "moe shit" you would hate, it's a waste of time.

>you can get the same wish fulfillment from JP web/light novels at a fraction of the time cost
my "wish" isn't gay self insert waifu fantasy, it's enjoying things that are well made and appeal to me

if you judge animation the same way you judge your gay otaku books ignoring the things that make it unique as a medium then no wonder you hate anime

"Moeshit" can be good, it rarely appeals to me but I can't call something like say K-On or the first Idolmaster show "bad" when it's so well made

Unteralterbach can't be topped so they stopped and went back to Japan.

Where's the daily Konosuba thread?

It's night now.

>Why don't western developers attempt to create visual novels often?
but the best VN is from the west senpai

Reee stop using computers and reeeeeeead

Also here's my Twitter

what qualifies as moeshit anyway? Is Azumanga Daioh and Non Non Biyori moeshit?

western art is low tier Tumblr most of the time
hell, even quick draw fags on Sup Forums does a better job

>Why don't western developers attempt to create visual novels often?
I've been saying this shit for years yet everyone calls me crazy.

>show I don't like with cute girls

Ai Mai Mi is the best moeshit

>an actually quality english visual novel will sell like hot cakes.

You can offer exactly nothing to back this claim up, darling.

We probably don't make as many VNs because we get sent to prison for it

Umm yes I can sweetie, I work in the games industry

all the "people" who would write VN are writing shitty fanfiction
all the decent writers are writing books

Obsidian would never stoop so low.

BIOWARE ON THE OTHER HAND!

at this point I could easily see Bioware making an antifa furry vn

>VNs are the shit encrusted ghetto of nerd culture
>implying Umineko isn't the peak of literature

They never delved into that because they had Adventure games which were often story heavy and very puzzle orientated.