Just bought this and the sequel for $20. Is it better to go Light or Dark? What am I in for?

Just bought this and the sequel for $20. Is it better to go Light or Dark? What am I in for?

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/the-sith-lords-restored-content-mod-tslrcm/
nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/54/?
deadlystream.com/forum/topic/3347-downloadbastila-on-korriban-k1r-version/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Do both eventually.

Great games.

Dark is so hilariously evil that you'll actually feel guilty because of how pointlessly mean what you did was. Light side you might as well be space Jesus, giving out money for free after saving someone from a debt collector and shit like that.

only a sith deals in absolutes

>feel guily
Yea, it's weird. I DO feel guilty.

To be fair, it was my first game where i COULD be evil.

Ditch the little girl who is a stowaway on your ship on Tatooine whilst laughing maniacally. Hopefully she doesn't get raped by Jawas.

In the second game, Evil is less retarded. In some cases its objectively the right thing to do. But the plot is very much based around a dark side playthrough.

Play however you want, make decisions based on situations and NOT lightside/darkside.

Only question I have about the second game is that whole influence system. I heard low influence and high influence both work for getting you stuff from your team, is that true or no?

I've played through both of these games several times and not once have I beaten them. I get to the doors leading to the last room and I think "welp I'm done" and I don't touch it again until I get the hankering.

help

>Play through KOTOR 2
>Get to final door
>Game crashes
>Keeps crashing no matter what I do
>Find out that if you have TSLRCM and the droid planet mod installed it causes your game to crash at the final boss

In KotOR1, Light Side is Holier than Thou, than even Jesus, Dark Side is Kitten Stomper Saturday Morning Cartoon tier.

In KotOR2, they're a bit more gray but still falling into those, just to a far lesser extreme.

Just play it. If you like it enough you'll figure that out and do a second playthrough.

The first game is solid gameplay wise, writing is really Star Warsy. Second game has deeper writing but the game does feel emptier.

Just high I think.

high makes your morality affect them (pushign to dark or light sides) and you can make them jedi. so you can have a full team of jedi.

The only thing you need to know about second game is that you MUST have this installed to experience the game properly:
moddb.com/mods/the-sith-lords-restored-content-mod-tslrcm/

For KotOR1 you also should install this:
nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/54/?
And this:
deadlystream.com/forum/topic/3347-downloadbastila-on-korriban-k1r-version/

But I do prefer the second game over the first. The plot is fantastic.

Ive played both about twelve times the first time and eight the second game.

I enjoy going mixed. You eventually have to make ds choices if you want to get full content of the game. Also force crush is fantastically fun to use.

They should have just made a third kotor instead of tor. What a massive waste of money.

Tried the second game this year - the first area is so boring I gave up

I've only played the second game but the level design is so bad for every place so far. Shame because the dialogue and characters are pretty decent

Combat isn't horrible but it isn't good either

KOTOR 2 for me is one of the best games in history the same I say of KOTOR 1

You'll have a good time playing them.

did you buy it because of the giant bombcast discussion?

Combat for the first area is literally (Stun Droid -> Attack -> Medkit) x Number of enemies.

I'm on Onderon right now. I've done the required first two places and Nar Shadaa.

No, I saw a thread on it a week ago, and saw the both of them going for twenty dollars on steam.

You have to get through it. Imagine its a horror game for the beginning.

An incredibly tedious first planet.
>Wait, I'm not a Jedi? I have a metal sword? When do I get a lightsaber?

Early combat:
>miss
>miss
>miss
>miss
>poisoned!
>miss

WHAT ARE YOU DOING, LEAVE THE FUCKING THREAD BEFORE SOMEONE SPOILS THE TWIST FOR YOU. EJECT RIGHT THE FUCK NOW

>nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/54/?

>that fucking description

The mod doesn't originate from Nexus, they just copypasted their description from DeadlyStream to Nexus and formating got all fucked.
Just read the readme instead.