Are faith builds viable in this game? I just finished a faith playthrough of dark souls and I loved the shit out of it...

Are faith builds viable in this game? I just finished a faith playthrough of dark souls and I loved the shit out of it. looking at the wiki miracles don't seem to be that interesting in this one.

Also, should I use a blessed weapon of my choice, or the Istarelle?

general souls thread too I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WWtpAzbEnc8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I would say more viable than in Dark Souls because of the regeneration. Second chance is also a great miracle.
>should I use a blessed weapon of my choice, or the Istarelle?
Why not both? They use different upgrade material, as far as I know. Was a big fan of the moonlight greatsword back then, though, another great weapon.

I would just go in blind for the best experience. If you want to do a faith build, just do it without asking about it.

100x more fun and probably 100x harder

just go in blind and feel your way through it
knowing the meta kind of ruins the game and the point of demon's souls was to make the meta obscure in the first place

It's more viable because of blessed weapons than because of miracles.

There's no lightning throwing nonsense and you won't be god's wrathing your way through the game, but blessed weapons and their HP regen are good.

Umbasa

Very, use a blessed mirdan hammer and stack regeneration.

That's about as good as it gets in pve demon's souls.

Probably the only souls game where everything is viable

They are beyond viable.

FTH characters get a free 'I was merely pretending to be dead' miracle along with weapon enchantments that regenerate HP and deal dickloads of damage.

>mfw full blessed faith build
>like 4 or 5 active healing stacks
>HP regenerates totally in like 5 secs

I love Demon's so much

I mean I'd say go for it because if you start as Templar Knight you get the best damn starter weapon: Halberd

:^)

what happened?

Mirdan Hammer is better

>14--3-17
>WhatHappened.jpeg

some desperate yuropoor that can't afford a ps3 became so desperate for attention he took screenshots of an emulator running a title screen because that's as far as it goes before devolving into unplayable shit??? idk just a guess

Nah, I also have it on my PS3 :^)

Brutal.

I thought Faith builds were OP as fuck

>Blessed Mace +1 in Valley of Defilement for starting out
>Get a Mirdan Hammer, or Knight Sword and +5 blessed it
>Regenerators Ring
>Adjudicators Shield
>PvP
>Baby's nail offhand
>Plague enemy
>literally cannot die due to massively stacked regeneration
>if they get cheeky you can always WoG them

>May Fifth
Are you from the future?

is PvP in DeS still active? I thought they dedded the servers.

The servers are still up, though you aren't likely to run into many people outside of community-driven events

op here. I saw that a lot. Is it really that good? should I two-hand it or use it with a shield?

Untrue. There are ghosts beyond the dev ghosts, messages, and summons down whenever I play. I haven't been invaded much though, but I do invade with relative ease.

2 handing it is best, combine it with abjudicators shield for it's passive regeneration, with a proper faith build you don't even need grass.

Co-op is probably dead, you might have a decent chance invading though.

How the fuck do I beat old king doran and the blue dragon as a STR build? last fucking ring I need and I'm trying to plat this game fuck sake

Do a HP Regen build.

People like you make me ashamed to call myself a PC games. Kill yourself.

Play this while fighting the blue dragon.

youtube.com/watch?v=WWtpAzbEnc8

faith is extremely overpowered

faith-based weapons get you insane regeneration

a fully upgraded faith weapon will not only do insane damage but regenerate health at crazy rates

a fully upgraded adjudicator's shield with a 2handed blessed mirdan hammer is goat

Get the curse weapon spell and second chance miracle, then you can do decent damage to him and survive getting one shot, or you could just use the stormruler to knock him off a ledge, after a point he stops fighting back as he tries to get into his normal area.

For the blue dragon just get a bow and upgrade it and a few hundred arrows, it'll get the job done.

IS faith cool in DaS1?. im thinking on playing a wanabe paladin by building faith on a knight
And because i want to throw lightnings

It's good but doesn't truly shine until mid/late game. Just don't give up on it