We Happy Few

From the steam news page:

>Hello everyone,We are delighted to present to you: The Maidenholm Update for We Happy Few!
youtube.com/watch?v=1ZLAUSN8rOU

>The Maidenholm Update is an exciting collection of new content that drastically changes the way We Happy Few is played. This represents the biggest change to the meta gameplay of We Happy Few since we launched on Early Access, and potentially the biggest since we made permadeath optional in 2015.

>We would love to receive your feedback on what you like or don’t like. We are particularly interested in feedback on the new loot balancing, the playstyles and the general level of difficulty inside Wellington Wells. We’ll look forward to hearing from you, so please come and visit us on our forums, or on your social media of choice.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DV02RsYR9Qg
store.steampowered.com/app/554900/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Remember when this game looked like it had potential and then it just became another Survival Crafting game.

Remember when Sup Forums actually looked at how a game plays instead of blindly believing Sup Forums memes?

The survival aspect is just scavenging, which makes sense in a scenario were most food and water are either rotting or drugged up. Crafting is just taping rocks to a bat to hit people harder.

You may as well call Fallout and Elder Scrolls Survival Crafting games.

>Be a Dystopian novels fan
>Love the concept of the setting
>It's a Survival Game and the story part is just the intro

I don't think the gameplay was that bad but it felt like a massive wasted opportunity when it came out.

it was another survival crafting game from its very inception, you were just one of the retards who saw a trailer with no gameplay and thought it was bioshock

5$ have been deposited

Supposedly when it comes out of early access it's going to have a proper story

>See the trailer E3
>Hey that look good

>Gameplay come out
>why.jpeg

Stop shilling your dead game.

So buyers remorse thread?

>Another 'EEEH IT'S MINECRAFT?!" retard.
>Didn't (can't) even read the disclaimer that it's a fucking Early Access build to develop the gameplay before they add in the story.

You mouthbreathing consumers give me a headpain.

And you can shut the fuck up an' all. You're still idiots for parroting what other people say.

bought it, played it, bad game

Well, the game stands true
few are happy, rest gave up on this overpriced $30 garbage

It's still in the works though. Don't you know what Early Access even is?

Steam really needs to make people sign something before they can add EA stuff to their carts. They're too thick to read unless it's shoved in their faces.

yeah it should read "are you actually so fucking retarded that youre going to spend money on an unfinished product?"

i have never seen a game that was bad on early access turning out to be good
nice try tough

>MUH EARLY ACCESS

Face it, the game had 0 reason for survival/crafting beyond it being a trend that was already dying by the time of the initial release. It's a shit game that's getting beaten out in players by fucking Undertale for Christ's sake.

what a waste of a good idea

EA means
pay now, play and then refund :^) they did know they're dealing with Steam which gets 40% cut

Im interested in it but im just gonna wait for when it actually released.

That doesn't really make a difference.

The foundation of this game is set on bullshit "muh survival" and god-awful soulless procedural mapping. It's shit.

Man, I wish I could find that pic of a guy about to take a dump on a table saying "How do you know it's shit before it even comes out?"

Yes, actually.

You should only be buying Early Access titles if you want to test it and contribute to the forums about bugs/features, which is what crated this update.

Too many people are morons who honestly think it should be a complete game before that development. You'd wonder if they even know to lift the toilet lid before taking a piss.

40% off on release, you should just wait until the devs justify this discount

If you think about it, being in EA phase for over two years must make a killing
Oh hai mark my game isn't even finished yet but all these autists buy my game half full price! They really think they're getting reliable updates but really we're just cruising in the slow lane super slow until revenue picks up or we decide to abandon and try again!

>Don't you know what Early Access even is?
an excuse to never finish your bad game

Oh boy those 5 people are gonna be mindblown when that patch drops

I watched a lets play that was like a thousand fucking parts long and it actually looked bretty decent.

kek

and those 5 people will be the only ones playing by then

>Sup Forums thinks early access games arent just an excuse to release buggy shitty products with impunity

That was the joke I was making, yes

Stop shilling your shitty crafting survival game. It's honestly awful even for this type of game.

>hear about it the first time
>"Oh boy, another walking simulator, and this one is gonna rip off Brave New World and 1984 and everyone's gonna suck its dick"
>turns out it was an early access, crafting surivval game and nobody cares

Everything went better than expected.

/thread

Wait, I thought this game had a focus on narrative

How did they manage to actually make a survival crafting game on steam that no one cares about?

Those things sit at the top of the best sellers list for weeks.

Even that's not even finished

Why didn't they just give us the Bioshock clone we all wanted

>$30
some people are still unaware they can refund within 2 hours so if you're interested in the game buy it by all means but be sure to refund and tell us about it

its been done to death now.

Because when they advertised the game the advertisement primarily painted it as a story-focused game with linear levels.

>you were just one of the retards who saw a trailer with no gameplay and thought it was bioshock
When you show your mostly unknown game at E3 with a trailer only covering the story focused intro that is in no way representative of the game itself, you bring this shit on yourself.

It was literally an attempt at a bait and switch, which doesn't work anymore since Steam introduced refunds.

Wonder how the devs feel before and after EA.

All that hype from that trailer, then the crash and burn when it went into EA and people realized it was another survival crafting game and not something like Bioshock.

Watching their game die while they still feel the need to support it. All that hype burning away like the Hindenburg.

Working away every day knowing this is as good as it gets and won't get any better.

I wonder if they feel the suffering every day, or they actually hope the next update will take it off the ground again, or maybe when they finish it it'll take off like a rocket.

To be fair, it was a shitty idea to jump on the survival crafting bandwagon and they deserve it.

And to think I was fairly interested in how the revolution against happy pills would go.

Hip unfinished pathologic but no plague and not as good as pathologic HD classic
and the remake is releasing this fall. better hop on that bandwagon

They're adding the story parts last. What's out now is just a test build with the intro and some islands they can update and tweak around easily. Which they have been doing.

It'll still be open world crafting shit.

>What's out now is just a test build
Well then it's not fucking worth talking about.

>falling for the Early Access lies

>Release date Jul 26 2016
this nob has been playable for a year and still in development
>reviewer base spends no more than 15 hours
hmm
>autists who cant get enough spend over 200 hours but that's to be expected of a survival crafty but even so those numbers are really really rare

meant almost a year

See
So you have to take a sip of water and eat a rotten carrot between objectives. Hardly worth shitting the carpet over like people here are doing.

How long do you think games take to make?

But that post was wrong. The whole thing of the game is crafting items together using junk (beyond what that user said), getting yourself food and water, sleeping, and keeping other needs up. The map is also open world with different subsections.
It's literally just crafting survival with some objectives. Stop shilling for free.

>Interesting premise and intro
>Immediately turns into procedural survival crafting afterwards

who cares about this game anymore
once everybody was aware and learned that the game is some shitty survival game all the hype was blown away and no one cared anymore

What other gameplay does it have then?

When people hop into early access, your shit better be 3/4ths done I'm just sayin. Half is fucking A-okay too. Adding more content upon completion such as games like this is a given. If your fanbase doesn't like to wait like hl3 drones then be willing to expect nothing to become of it or it escalates in updates such as a normal EA developer would with some credit Exanima

is developing and paying your staff even worth it at this point? the game is dead, its over

Just like NMS, huh?

2 0 1 5
Where the fuck did my life go?

Again, big fucking deal. It makes sense in the game's premise and gives the player things to solve. You need to avoid detection from the joy takers and slummers but you also need their food to survive.

Taking it out makes it shallow but they added a difficulty level that does just that.

numbers do not lie

>still defending this trash
I can only assume you're a neofag or just plain retarded.
The game is nothing but an open world survival crafting game, the generic objectives don't change this.
The only time the game even gets a little interesting is once you're in the happy town and need to keep taking pills, but the gameplay itself doesn't change outside of this. It's still survival crafting in an open world.

Context doesn't mean it's not a crafting survival game, nothing you've said has described gameplay elements that contradict this, or even deviate from it.

You clearly like the game, but fucking stop lying about it.

just play pathologic HD classic, you'll feel less of a fucking bloody soonker
youtube.com/watch?v=DV02RsYR9Qg
at least you're active mentally in a good finished narrative that's getting a re release this year

You fail to say why it's bad though. You're just parroting shit.

>saying facts is parroting shit
I played the game, it's a fucking open world crafting survival game with generic objectives. Fuck off.

Probably because that's a finished game.

It's bad because it's hilariously basic, and has no agency for the player, you can't effect the world around you in any sense, the best you can do is traverse through the procedurally generated mundane backdrop. After all that you get no story because it's not in it yet, and might never fucking be in it.

It's boring and is worthless to experience.

I wonder how the art director feels knowing that Everyone loves the art but the gameplay and everything else is complete shit.

>we happy few
>ctrl f happy jew
>no results
YOU DISAPPOINT ME Sup Forums

Read the thread. The story isn't in there yet.

re release is in beta. Go download since it's freeand since you're into unfinished projects but this one will be done before fall unlike WHF so don't you worry

The story doesn't change the gameplay, fuckwit.
I'm convinced you're a developer at this point

Read the fucking post, I covered that it doesn't have it, and might not ever have it, so you don't even get that as a justification to experience the shit gameplay.

It's fucking nothing nigga, even shit like Gone Home has more of a justification to experience it, albeit not by fucking much.

Not buying your shit game isn't autism m8.

Wasted aesthetic;the game

>OP just wanted a good thread about a bad game
Not on Sup Forums m8 that only works ironically for games like Andromeda, try harder and pick something of equal caliber

>stop talking bad about a bad game

From the video it looked like they added and improved a great deal from what they started with. Maps are no longer grids and there are more setpiece challenges amongst the procedural stuff.

I mean, I can accept if people still find it crap but most of these posts sound like they only play it months back (if at all) and just chime in the same remarks.

That is a terribly charismatic duck...

Such a waste of potential. I really wanted this to be the true successor to Bioshock. Just wanted to play a fun fps with a great story.
Too bad the devs fell for the early access/survival-craft meme. Boring combat that rivals elder scrolls oblivion and poorly designed gameplay mechanics. 50% of this game is menu management and the other 50% is spent walking to a house/sneaking in/raiding it/go to guy for 2 mins of story, rinse and repeat. The puzzles become annoying once you realize most of them require backtracking to get a item from another house. This makes doing puzzles a chore, which sucks because it's one of the only creative parts of this game. The story is competent enough, too bad it's not finished. Great world and atmosphere, too bad it's wasted on boring gameplay. Skip this game.

>"If you have been one of the many asking for the survival aspects to be removed from the game, you're in luck!"
>they actually added a mode that focuses on the story and combat rather than the survival and crafting
>half of the thread is still saying the same shit they said since the beginning
Now knowing this, what else is wrong with this game that it was worth dropping?

>build game around x instead of y
>people want y so they remove x
>but since the game is based around x it's just shallow now

Literal added exploring cuck mode be gentle

more like
>build game around x instead of y
>people want y, so create xy
>replaces prominent x objects with y objects, changing the game without breaking it

All it's probably going to be is an easy mode for people who find balancing stat meters and hunting for bullshit in toilets boring, by replacing materials with actual usable objects and removing the meters altogether. Are people just memeing when they talk about Survival Crafting killing the game, or is the game actually so bad that it cannot be saved?

Shill

Fight me, nigger. Also answer my question

This.

This game title/premise pretty much sums up WHF including new update
store.steampowered.com/app/554900/

should have just made a bioshock clone and threw the procedurally generated survival bullshit in as a multiplayer thing

Oh yeah this is a game. I thought it got cancelled by now. Looked fun until I saw it was just like rust or something

geez you just took not even a minute to think of that and WHF developer staff aren't even paying you

I love when shills come to Sup Forums and get BTFO

I actually just legitimately liked the "free" copy I got, but so far in this thread all I've been getting is a response within ten seconds of posting getting called a shill. I would just like to point out:

and more, didn't even manage to skim through the video in the OP where the survival and crafting system are fucking gone now.

I could have sworn that the video said "you can adjust difficulty to exclude or include survival."

I'll probably buy the game once it's out of EA

enjoy full price because no way they'll retain $30 once they release. They'll realize people will wait until release because hurr they gotta discount it