Re-using a lot of SMT IV assets, but it looks more remake than port

Re-using a lot of SMT IV assets, but it looks more remake than port.

the maps you move on where upgraded, still first person too.

What do you think of Deep Strange Journey so far?

personacentral.com/first-smt-deep-strange-journey-high-res-famitsu-scans-screenshots/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jeYl069xeDg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

that ruined it for me

>Demon Co-Op is still in

looks bretty gud m8o

That looks dumb, yeah.

I just hope they make the final dungeons less confusing.

A simple HD version is already enough for me. The problem with SJ was that I couldn't see shit.

The question we should all be asking is whether that garbage mechanic smirk is getting in.

Not happy about the waifu bait and the casualization

>Smirk guarantees a co-op attack even if you don't hit a weakness, and demons of different alignments will join in.

What are you talking about, user. I know next to nothing.

Don't give Atlus any ideas.

So this is basically getting made because they can reuse more assets than a SMT1/2/if... remake, right?

>tfw my boy made it in

>SJ bosses can smirk too
You know it's happening

literally stopped playing the game because of this

it was my first SMT game and I was absolutely loving the world and aesthetic, demon fusing and all that was fun, but the actual combat seemed so dry because of that fucking smirk mechanic.

If you think about it, the time to make an SMT1/2/if remake was a few years after SJ came out

Don't act as if you final dungeons weren't overly confusing the bosses overly bullshit.

It's more balancing than casualization.

No, they redrew new maps so it would take the same effort.

It's just cause they're dumb.

Also they might be avoiding 2 because unless you go law, the MC is doomed to eternal suffering.

If they tie this to IV I'm so done.

Like keep Mastema's role in thisapparently separate universe ambiguous as the original.

>Space Marine doesn't get shit in the Apocalypse DLC.

Because Space Marine isn't a fuck up like the others.

Seriously where the fuck was he? This is like the one game he was absent from.

>Put a mary sue persona character ripo-off
>Based Arthur dont get a fucking robot body to fitgh alonside you
WHY

And I bet you Atlus still won't give him Death Flies.

He was probably in too deep for anyone to see

So does this mention if they're adding Press-Turn or does combat stay the same?

Because SJ isn't main series no matter how hard western autists wish it

Does this answer your question?

>she probably fantasized about flynn getting fucked

They retcon it because Japan got pissed because not my Tokyo and low sales

I don't think Japanese players hated SJ as much as Sup Forums likes to make it out

>After 50 billion Megaten games, Atlus is finally adding enemy HP bars.

Wonder what brought that change along.

It's probably an app you can get.

Still the best Neutral Rep.

SJ takes place in a completely separate universe than IV user. Yamai confirmed this before SMTIV even came out. There won't be any connections, the worst they can do are references.

How the hell did IV have the Demonica suits then?

I hope Amon is as badass as his design is.

>The dick is still there

I want to fuck Arthur.

this just looks bad.

don't fucking remind me asshole!

All endings lead to that don't they? Even Law has you fighting God.

dropped demon coop is shit

>Those piddly little legs

Design probably would have been better off without those.

He's literally gonna save everyone

Amazon isn't a good way to see reception, #FE is the same as SJ if that was the case

The Deminica suit was developed by the Counter Demon Force in order to fight against demons. It has a different story behind it.

I find this kinda cool.

Like it's usually down for scanning etc, but can snap up when they want to actually see some shit.

>tfw no Demonica IRL

Actually it was implied to be developed by the Americans and bought by the Counter Demon Force.

That looks stupid. It might be good if he had no limbs.

Why are people complaining about this now? It's always been like that.

Because that universe also made them.

I'm gonna go to Japan and steal Sugita's bucket helmet!

The helmets always did that.

>The Entirety of IV and Apocalypse was cause by some ultranationalist politician who wanted to make Japan great again.

because you're responding to people who didn't play the game, but want to shit on anything doi related because muh kaneko muh purseowner

That's probably because the game is good

Strange Journey was the last SMT I played. What's the deal with IV and influences it might have etc?

Wow, didn't know Atlus was a bunch of SJWs

Does that thing have a nutsack?

But I said it looked cool.

And Strange Journey is actually surprisingly old now.

Demonica suits and Mastama appear in IV.

That's all I know though. Never played it.

What's funny is that it mirrors SMT1 in a way. An ultra nationalist lets the demons out in SMT1 also, but he does it to try and stop the forces of Law from taking over the world. The ultra nationalist in IV doesn't have the same motives, but it's cool to see that callback.

Eh...#FE was a good game, the problem is the entire crossover fiasco, if they never did that fucking trailer it would had way better performance. But the critic reception was good, so whatever.

I don't like the new art style especially for Doomguy.

Ring of Gaea HQ also had a Mem Aleph statue in the background.

youtube.com/watch?v=jeYl069xeDg
Are you ready for the return of Mastema?

Will we get to manually distribute stats so that Space Marine doesn't have to be a vending machine end-game?

I would love to see a modern SMT game that takes place before shit hits the fan again. And no ten minutes in Nocturne doesn't count.

Yes. I hope they get his SMTIV voice actor, that man was perfect.

I thought you served YHVH in law end?

No. You team up with Satan, who feels that God went too far, so you go kill him.

>Pure STR build

Trust this man.

I don't think it's the helmet flapping itself. The way the shape of the suit is drawn just looks kind of wonky in those scans, I think.

If you were Attack "personality" you often got good stats.

I was usually the main damage dealer with demons to buff me.

>Hoard all incenses over multiple playthroughs.
>Finally jam them all down Space Marine's throat at the start of my last playthrough.
>Hit 99 in every stat later on.

This vending machine is gonna fuck you up.

I never got this meme. Sure he gets priority on using items, but unless you went full autism and or bought password demons like a scrub, he wasn't that below demons in terms of damage. What they need to do is make it so that either he can get access to some demon skills, or they should let you customize skills instead of being tied to your gun

IIRC Junpei only does it when using the two way communicator while Zelenin always has hers up.

New sectors?

Oh, Strange Journey is getting an upgrade?

Guess I can wait to play it.

A reputable place like RPG Site said so, it must be true.

B-But muh YHVH cocksucker meme

>25th anniversary of the series
>they do a remake of Strange Journey instead of SMT I
If the console game isn't an SMT I remake at this point I'm not sure what the fuck they're doing

NA/EU release never?

What assets are they re-using besides demon sprites?

This - I never understood why people said he was just a vending machine. My Doomguy was useful all the way up to the end of the game.

Looks like they are reusing SMT4 battle engine.

I hope that they slap elemental affinities this time, shit made a lot of demons way more useful.

Atlus said it was mainline too during the FINAL/Apocalypse stream

what's the point in remaking the first game when you have SJ and IV at this point

So, any other changes to gameplay other than being able to save anywhere and no randomized stat growth?

NA release in 2021, EU in 2023. See you then!

Will it have the same sound effects as the original? This is important

Why do you want a remake so badly? Honestly, I've never got this mentality. Wouldn't something with a brand new concept be more exciting than retreading old ground? It would take the same amount of time and resources to make an SMT1 remake than it would to make a new game. Given the choice between the two, I'd rather take the new game over the game I've already played.

>EOPs

Kill yourself then!