Is Sup Forums exited for this?

is Sup Forums exited for this?

open beta when

>tripwire involved in any way, shape, or form

You can't trust Tripwire anymore, so not really

been playing Day of Infamy and it's real good, feels like playing RO1 again

Tripwire isn't really that involved though, AMG is doing 90% of the work. Far less casual friendly than RO2 was.

Same was true for Rising Storm 1 but it still had Tripwires claw marks all over it

>RS
>Less casual than RO2

Yeah definitely been wanting a multiplayer vietnam shooter since Battlefield: Vietnam died.

Don't be retarded, I was talking about the fact that it was 100% developed by AMG

Mildly. Mainly because But I really want a fucking vietnam game and replaying Vietcong is good and all but I want some multiplayer

Hell yeah. Beta is pretty good gameplay-wise. Really all it needs at this point is polish.

I wouldn't be so sure, tripwire did a whole bunch of videos during development remember? They also played regularly in the beta.

RS2 the only devs I've seen are the AMG guys. I assume TW is still mostly working on KF2.

> wouldn't be so sure, tripwire did a whole bunch of videos during development remember?

That's literally the job of a producer

IT AINT ME

From what I've played the beta is still rather rough, but the core is good. I haven't played the latest wave though, only the one before the latest.

Aside from bugs my only complaint is the lack of situational awareness. Team markers only show in a very narrow cone around the center of your screen, which often means by the time you see the marker you're already pulling the trigger. Yea you can check the main map, but it's not really practical to pull it up most of the time.

It's been a long time since I payed RO2/RS1, so I don't remember exactly how it's mechanics worked, but I don't remember having nearly as much of an issue identifying friendlies or knowing where the objectives were in that game.

Yes, can't wait

IT AINT ME, BABE

>tfw US side on hue city
they will fix the map right?

Learn the colors of each side. It takes a little time to be able to really get them down, but you shouldn't need any markers at all once you do.

What did they do again?

I remember there was a fiasco about killing floor 2 having cosmetics and being in early access but apparently they didn't effect the gameplay so idk if it was important.

Killing Floor 2 stayed in EA forever, and while the game was still very incomplete they put out a TF2-like cosmetic crate system, a terrible versus mode no one asked for, and at some point a resistance system that was a disaster. In its current form my only complaint about the game is that they didn't deliver on the 10 classes, with number 10 being a useless jack of all trades, master of getting kicked

I've never even played Killing Floor. My problem with them is that they added a levelling system to Red Orchestra 2, they also added some weapons that never saw real combat and a bunch of other dumb shit

It was like they didn't even understand what they did that made RO1 great

Born To Kill already has more content than this game does in it's beta state and Born To Kill is a fucking mod.

How do helicopters work? Is there a pilot class?

I'm also wondering if pilot-controlled hueys act as spawn areas, require the pilots to make regular landings to drop off troops

fucking this.
also day of infamy looks like shit but it plays really good.

Yea there's a pilot class that spawns at the airbase, which is inaccessible to the enemy.
I've only flown the cobra and the cayuse, so I can't comment on the huey.

Audio is pretty sub-par too but playing it really brings back those RO1 memories

I wish it had vehicles but I can't get everything I want

Not interested in the gameplay but I adore the aesthetics of Vietnam so I'll probably watch some gameplay videos or something.

Not enough good Vietnam media out there.

To be fair, there wasn't really anything else they could have added. They had all the weapon types covered pretty much. You would never be able to make a T1 LMG for an LMG class (and the new lmg already goes to the commando/swat), and traps wouldn't be nearly useful or fun enough versus multiple enemis.I guess they could have done lasers/energy weapons but those could probably go to other classes in some way.

The idea isn't necessarily bad but the actual skills are terrible.

>I'm also wondering if pilot-controlled hueys act as spawn areas, require the pilots to make regular landings to drop off troops
Yes, teammates can spawn on them as soon as a pilot gets in. A popular tactic is to land in a hidden spot and just act as a forward spawn point.

As for how they fly, you need quite a bit of practice to become skilled with them and they all fly differently.

The loach you rarely have to worry about maintaining height but landing can be tricky because it turns so sharp. If you're taking it slow it's the easiest to fly but to be effective you need to fly very close to the ground and fast as possible. Your armor is thin you absolutely cannot show yourself to enemy DSHKs and you have to repair frequently. Primarily serves as the TLs personal recon.

The cobra is the hardest to keep in the air because it's heavy as fuck and you can easily stall if you're not careful. The rockets and grenades don't have that large a blast radius so you need to be precise. Cobra's first priority is destroying spawn tunnels which are marked by the loach. Kills are a nice bonus but not required. Also DSHKs are overpowered as fuck and you have to memorize where they are so you can kill them from spawn.

The huey is a mix of the two, easier to land than the loach and easier to stay in the air than the cobra. Hard part is where to land. You have to keep an eye on recon to figure out which LZs are being watched by RPGs and you have land fast and precise. Take too long and RPGs get you. Land too quickly you explode or kill your passengers. Land in the wrong spot and at best you lose your rotor at worst you go nose first into a tree. You can land near spawn if you absolutely have too but then you're not really accomplishing anything.