Spam dodge and win

>spam dodge and win
>a gorillion fetch quests
>boring empty world
>main character is literal fapbait
>pretentious story

Why does Sup Forums think this is a good game again?

You fap to 9S?

Because it's on PC

>calling anything pretentious

opinion inalidated

And what games do you play, patrician san?

You cant spam doge you moron. You obviously haven't played it Neogaf. You still sore your crap got deleted huh,

You heard them lets spam Doge.

Because there are a lot of side quests and the game has really unique gameplay that always changes game genres i find it fun and weird something different its not just a hack and slash it kinda has underline stories alike dark souls that give the most basic npcs interesting character development

Bad thread, but check this 8

>You cant spam doge
Yes you can you massive faggot. There's literally no drawback while doing so, you're invicible

No, hes just showing how he didnt actually play the game at all

fpbp

You need to attack, retard. You are vulnerable when you attack.

It's a shmup dude. If you aren't playing on Very Hard by the time you're playing as 9S, you aren't playing.

Ha! Nice try scrub.
Now check these dubs!

Yeah and you're literally retarded if you get hit considering you can attack and just spam dodge with no drawbacks ad infinitum

Shmups are usually hard

If you aren't playing on Very Hard you're not playing it like the shmup it is. The reason dodging is so powerful is because the game is balanced for a difficulty where you die in one hit.

You're a fucking retard, even with animation cancelling attacks, there's still vulnerability.

Dying in one hit is literally artificial difficulty
Just face it, chinks can't design a good game to save their lives

That doesn't invalidate anything I said. Stop posting anytime kiddo

too bad i just got trips

It's really not changing genres that often or having very unique gameplay if you've played most of Platinum's other games.

It is most definitely not balanced for that difficulty, and it's real disingenuous to act like it is.

I've not played any other platinum games that's prob why but nonetheless its still a really fun game from my perspective of being new to platinum games

You obviously played on Normal, or didn't play the game at all. The game on Hard is somewhat challenging, but it's not amazingly difficult, especially when you know how to configure your chips.

Nobody advertised the difficulty level of this game to be on par with Dark Souls either, fuck off and go play your point and click adventures (First Person Shooters), or your "camp in a house for half an hour" simulators AKA Katniss Everdeen Simulators.

>artificial difficulty

my fucking sides. two posts ago it was "dodge is overpowered how would you ever get hit?" The entire reason dodge is broken is so the game can have a true shmup difficulty mode. Like every Platinum title, the game is designed around teaching you how to play at the highest difficulty. If you're too garbage do dodge, play on hard or normal

The game is most definitely designed with Very Hard in mind. Its the entire reason the dodge mechanics are so forgiving. No one would be expected to play the game on Very Hard out of the gate, rather its a situation similar to DMC or Bayonetta where after mastering the easier modes you test your skills with the more difficult modes. I switched to Very Hard after being given control of 9S and to claim that Very Hard is unbalanced is a crime against Yoko Taro and Platinum. If anything it feels like 9S is meant to die in one hit just given the nature of his playstyle. In short, don't knock it because you obviously haven't tried it.

What's more, 9S's hacking minigame is boring as fuck until you play on Very Hard

>i-it's just badly designed on purpose
>being this delusional

>You fap to 9S?

You don't...?

>People claims dodging is overpowered
>YOU NEVER PLAYED THE FUCKING GAME RETARD
>There is a 1 hit kill mode
>THE FUCKING GAME IS DESIGNED FOR DODGE TO BE OVERPOWERED
?

wwwwwwwwwwww OP BTFO

>pretentious story
Care to explain without using buzzwords what was wrong with the story?
Well, I won't judge you if you want to fap to little boys.
>empty world
There's a long war raging out there why do you expect anything but ruins?
>a gorillion fetch quests
Wrong. Try listening to character conversations and reading the documents you get your hands on during quests instead of skipping everything.
Also stop using Sup Forumstarded hyperbole, there's like 60 sidequests and you whine like a little bitch about content.
>spam dodge and win
Yeah, that's why we have 10 'I got my ass kicked by Hard intro' threads per day.

Because it used music incredibly well in conjunction with the gameplay, which can do a lot ot draw you into a game even if the core facets of the game are flawed. A lot of developers overlook this fact,

Bait levels are off the charts, but for the sake of any confused posters in this thread, the entire point of a shmup is not getting hit. Same goes for a hack and slash. Very Hard difficulty is the exact opposite of poor design. Perfection being an attainable state of play is factual proof that the combat system has no flaws.

>Care to explain without using buzzwords what was wrong with the story?
he was too stupid to understand it

oh... kinda like DOOM?

Usually "pretentious" means "I'm 14 and this game is trying to be culturally relevant" but this is just a fucking sad game about robots.

DOOM had music?

Sure I'd say DOOM (if you mean the latest game) did a good job with it's music too.

>long war raging out
Then why is it empty?

He's not wrong though. Everything about the game screams dodgeable. Enemies have sound cues and incredibly obvious windups. The only fights I have not tried are the Emil fights on Very Hard, but those are probably the only BS fights in the game on Very Hard but I can think of a few different ways. Bullet detonation/slowdown + m.shield/pod cd reduction for the 1st boss and movement speed+/mshield/pod cd for the 2nd one.

Good taste user

>tfw you will never be his precious 2B

How can you say that the game was designed around very hard when there's a shit to of chips that emphasize defense?

Well... yeah.

>lower case
>ALL CAPS
>lower case
>ALL CAPS
>question mark

Question mark indeed, your post really has nothing to do with the one you replied to.

Fact: Nier Automata features a difficulty mode where are never allowed to get hit
Fact: Nier Automata's combat mechanics accessibly provide the tools necessary to never get hit

And you're somehow confused about the correlation between the two?

>not an argument: the post

Yep, it did a good job at hiding that it was just another generic FPS game.

>war
>enemy robots patrolling everywhere
>ruins
What part didn't you get?
Explain how the world should have according to you to not be empty.

>9S's reaction when he sees everything he was fighting for in front of him again

How can you say the game wasn't designed around easy when there are chips that let you auto-attack?

See

0.0012/10
Try harder if you want (you)s.

because it's a shmup?

>thinking your intelligent for following convoluted anime shite
lol

*should have looked

He's gonna buy that bitch a t-shirt.

Bitches love t-shirts.

I would agree with this, I got bored of the game and even the dynamic music couldn't save it because I just don't really like rock/metal too much. But he sound design was still good.

Those chips can only be used on easy mode.

Having some shooter elements doesn't make a game a shmup.

Without any spoilers, how much longer do I have if I just got control of A2? If I just want endings C and E?

>not fapping to Nines

you have to get ending D to get ending E

maybe 1/3rd of the game left, and the real meat of the story

>you have to get ending D to get ending E

Daily reminder to pick 'stay' in Route D for the canon choice + special cutscene that you don't get if you pick 'leave'

>convoluted
>still using buzzwords
Nah, I can understand a plot without it being spoonfed to me like a fucking baby.
But I'm sorry you have ADHD, user. You should probably stick to First Person Shooters and watching Twitch.

THanks.

fuck i just got ending E today.
Have to replay to get that one.

>le bait ecks dee
Reply to me when you have an actual argument, kiddo.

Because the game shouldn't have to stop you from being a complete retard and wasting your slots on chips that don't help you?

>game includes items for lower difficulties that provide zero value on the hardest difficulty
>yeah, but why can you use them on the highest difficulty?!?

>game is designed around this
>but these design elements don't count because I say so
Stop posting anytime, retard

>a game can't be designed around multiple difficulty levels at the same time
The items do nothing for you on very hard. They're useless junk that you can just sell off. Just like other useless junk you find. This isn't particularly hard to understand.

Special cutscene? That one line he says before the credits or is there something after.

saying the game isn't a shmup doesn't make it not a shmup.

Gee, it's almost like the game Isn't designed around very hard.

The one where he says, "Oh, so that's were you were 2B" or something like that.
It's only played if the player picks, "I'll stay."

If this is the best you can come up with in 10 minutes why bother.
You are shit at shit posting and that's a fucking achievement here on Sup Forums.

>simply because some items exist for the lower difficulty levels implies that it was designed for the lower difficulty and not the higher one
Please tell me you aren't this stupid

Designing an entire combat system around the player never being in a situation where they can't avoid being hit is a much more intensive focus than throwing in a few items that make the easier difficulties more manageable for people who already have difficulty with them. Really the game is just throwing a bone to the people who want to play it like an RPG rather than an action game.

Great work detective. You can stop now.

>half the items are useless for very hard
>the game was designed around very hard
Please tell me you aren't this retarded.

Pretty much. There's actually quite a spread of difficulty levels to the game outside of the presets. For instance, normal and hard are both much harder if you don't equip any autoheal or defense chips. You can make it easier for yourself by doing so, but you don't have to. It's quite playable if you don't.

Realistically the game was balanced around very hard and then mechanics were added to make it easier if you wanted to make it easier. Otherwise you'd balance the game around easy or hard and expect the player to be able to take some hits and set up scenarios where it was basically impossible to avoid it because forcing them to low health would actually make certain scenarios more difficult/exciting.

see above

point number 4, op

I loved the game but the fact that you think the game is balanced for very hard shows how fucking retarded you are
>the melee/ranged damage reduction items
>the volt resistance item
>the status cure items
>the weapons with defensive stats like attack through getting hit/take less damage from being hit
None of the above even function in very hard.

You sound more and more like someone who can't play on very hard and are desperately trying to justify their own failure

See

ITT: Some fucking nerd hard difficulty elitist with autism vs Some fucking chump trying to make sense out of another shitty Yoko Taro game

wrong, at every level the combat system facilitates if not encourages never getting hit. The RPG mechanics exist to aid players who can't manage. Very Hard exists for the players who can. Hard mode is already death in two hits for the entire game, play for long enough and you realize just how easy it is to avoid getting hit at all.

All shmups back in the day by default expected the player to be able to avoid all damage. Automata's RPG mechanics are entirely superfluous and only exist for the sake of cool variety

That's just throwing a bone to the players who can't avoid getting hit. Think Yellow Orbs and healing items in DMC, they only exist for the player who literally could not beat the game without them. Only real difference is Nier making them actually useless whereas DMC used to just laugh at you for using them by giving you a shit rating when you finished the level.

this, but while it has little sense it's very nice to experience

Instead of shitposting, I'm actually going to talk about the game.

What I liked
>good story
>good characters
>great twists
>great dialogue
>decent-to-good humor
>great emotional moments
>good combat
>cool-to-fucking-great bosses
>fucking great music
>fucking great music having official 8 bit covers
>story and details aren't spoonfed to you
>lots of hidden shit
>you aren't handheld most of the time
>shmup sections being as prevalent as they are was a pleasant surprise
>tying shit up from the previous game in the franchise
>expanding on shit from various games in the franchise
>unhappy ending to the previous game in the franchise
>personalities of cannon fodder
>great dialogue
>great character development
>shit actually goes down and the world actually reflects it
>somebody who is literally a better Yuri Lowenthal voicing the shota fuccboi for a change and doing a damn good job
>an actually decent English dub

What I didn't like
>story is good, but not great
>2B isn't actually the main character
>2B wants to fuck 9S
>A2 wants to fuck 9S
>21O wants to fuck 9S
>Devola wants to fuck 9S
>Popola wants to fuck 9S
>Adam wants to fuck 9S
>Commander probably wants to fuck 9S
>A2 having a great playstyle but forced to share playtime with 9S
>shmup'ing gets kinda obnoxious at times
>hacking is hilariously overpowered
>getting your ass raped by a million robots disabling your combat skills later on
>dodge doesn't work sometimes, but maybe that's me
>debug mode doesn't work for keyboard players
>aiming with the mouse during shmup sections leads to all kindsa wacky bullshit
>a Japanese dub that's actually subpar for the most part

Bullshit that isn't objectively good or bad but I like
>fishing
>carnival level
>zombie carnival level
>using severed heads for weapons
>iron pipe
>cypress stick
>engine blade

It's not a masterpiece, but it's definitely above average.

Automata is pretty good but the game gets pretty easy once you learn the moveset. By the time I'd hit 9S's route I switched to very hard. I felt overleveled and wanted the game to play like it did in the start again.