Would you?

would you?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.utexas.edu/2017/02/28/goodenough-introduces-new-battery-technology
mynintendonews.com/2012/08/13/pachter-nintendo-fans-would-buy-any-box-that-says-nintendo-on-it/
extremetech.com/computing/185999-us-department-of-energy-doubles-lithium-ion-battery-capacity-with-spongy-silicon
technologyreview.com/s/602245/why-we-still-dont-have-better-batteries/amp/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Research_in_lithium-ion_batteries
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If it has a glass scratch free screen or a protector sure.

Absolutely not you retard. Thats not how electronics work. Most of the Switch is battery. Instead you should be making the screen larger (cost more).

I would if the opposite would happen

You somehow managed to make that d-pad even worse but yeah, sure.

How is this supposed to work

Did you see how tightly packed the Switch is inside?
The battery itself is bigger than "your"version.

Is that supposed to be held by human hands?

>even smaller controllers

No. Those joycons won't work.

Eh, half an hour of game time should be enough for a portable system, right?

>Thats not how electronics work

If this is indeed implying that you can't make a borderless screen, it's one of the dumbest things I've ever read in my entire life.

Are you retarded
He was explicitly talking about the battery

Cool OP, where are you putting the speakers?

I'm waiting for it.

It will eventually happen, because the actual design is fucking awful.

A battery in regards to the size of the borders you cock sucking faggot. Do you see another goddamn change in the picture besides the size of the border and the controllers? Get raped you little fag.

and where the hell would you fit a battery of the same.size if the console gets smaller?

Purchase a smaller battery perhaps you shit eating retard

The guy that invented the li-ion batteries apparently invented a better,solid type that can hold a bigger charge and is less dangerous etc:

news.utexas.edu/2017/02/28/goodenough-introduces-new-battery-technology

But must see if he's not full of shit.
If he's not, a smaller switch, or a switch with a better battery life is possible.

And have you REEEEEing all over the board because Nintendo cut battery life in half? No thanks.

you know it's that size because of the dock right? This won't work.

>here's your controller bro hurr hurr
I dunno I don't really hold the joycons in a way where the bottom edge rests in my hands, I think you could shave off more without changing the in-hand feel

>battery
>bezels
Things that are constantly improving

>Put in a smaller battery :)
>So people can bitch even more about the battery life

I'm actually impressed the Switch can handle a game like BotW for nearly 3 hours on medium settings desu

Making the battery 30% smaller would make it run for less than 2 hours.

Or maybe batteries, like all technology, you slut, will be cheaper next year, as has been the case since the 1940s.

A low cost switch should have no removable joy cons (huge cost savings because no individual batteries in the joy cons and the wireless antennas and stuff), no docking ability (which means no internal fan or heat sink, saving money), a smaller screen, and possibly come with less on board storage. I'd buy one for $200 or less.

See

>would you buy a hot amber
no.

>Wants to gobble nintendo's cock so badly that even a month after a console release he's thinking of the next one
you make me look straight, faggot

What the hell does the cost of the battery have to do with anything?

Are you fucking braindead? You can put in a smaller battery that runs as well as the larger one without breaking the bank. I called this one early, you are honestly some of the dumbest people alive.

>switch has 32gb
>less storage

Batteries aren't. They've been in a stalemate for about the last 10 years. Some new in-the-lab-only stuff is happening, but its no where near manufacturing-ready for a mass consumer scale.

It's the budget option. It's for people who want to use an SD card or physical cartridges.

Are you a fucking retard, cost has absolutely Jack shit to do with battery storage capabilities, we haven't been able to make breakthroughs in battery capacity for decades

>SD card or physical
I think you mean "and", you can't save to Switch cartridges :^)

>increase screen size
>decrease space for battery
What did he mean by this?

That's not how batteries work. Modern batteries have been pushed pretty much to their physical limits. Go play Candy Crush on a $1000 phone and it'll still die in two hours. Nintendo didn't skimp on the battery, processing tech has just far outpaced battery tech.

I'd rather a console-only version of the Switch that runs better and comes with pro controller.

Didn't realize that.

that's not how it works you absolute moron

The only reason battery life is ever improved in devices these days is because of the inclusion of larger batteries and more efficient yet powerful processors. Battery tech has not advanced much, if at all.

Thats actually wromg.
Current batteries are based on Lithium-Ion "technology".
They dont get better with time, they dont have more capacity in a few years because they reached the limit of the technology.

In other words even in 5 years a battery 30% smaller in size couldnt storage the same ammount of power.

Oh really? He decreased the overall dimensions of the device while increasing screen size and removing bezels. Please tell me "how it works".

Ya we're really long overdue for some new battery technology. I'm sure the time it takes for whatever new battery to become economically viable will probably take 2-3 years alone though.

I'm waiting for the XL version with more docked power.

small battery tech*

you think that the battery is inside the bezels. you're a f*cking idiot

I really hope if nintendo goes for some Tegra P2 upgrade that it isn't as huge of a blunder as the pro.

I still don't understand how games on the pro got only slightly better in fps.

Absolutely

100%

Definitely

Doodlyokaly

Okalydookaly

Yes

Het

Si

I didn't buy the switch because it's not pocketable like my 3ds , GBA ,or GBC

>Making the Joycons SMALLER

>make a vita
>slap a nintendo logo on it
>retards buy it
>has negative games
mynintendonews.com/2012/08/13/pachter-nintendo-fans-would-buy-any-box-that-says-nintendo-on-it/

Look at this shit. You think you can just cut the bezels off without shrinking other stuff down?

Smaller, more powerful batteries already exist you stupid fucks. They'll simply become cheaper to stick into a device. Christ sake what a pack of fucktards.

you're implying there won't be any hardware revisions

>Het
It means "no" in Russian. Just sayin'.

What if we made the console THICCER

>They dont get better with time, they dont have more capacity in a few years because they reached the limit of the technology.

extremetech.com/computing/185999-us-department-of-energy-doubles-lithium-ion-battery-capacity-with-spongy-silicon

Why don't you stop fucking spewing lies?

Every year there are five REVOLUTIONARY BATTERIES THAT COULD SEE MASS PRODUCTION VERY SOON, you obviously have no fucking idea what you're talking about and posted the first thing that came up in your frantic google search.

It would be full of energy yes.
Probably big enough to shove one of those USB battery packs that can push the switch for 12+ hours.

Tripfags are always the worst posters.

>muh experimental tech is real and will be mad produced JUST NEXT YEAR JUST WAIT

Today no, in a couple years why the fuck not? Some people have no imagination when it comes to consumer electronics.

It already happened you stupid little faggot.

In a few years, I'd rather have a larger device with smaller bezels, not a fucking tablet for literal babies

we are watching you, gladium, you retard faggot cuck ninten dron e

If they make a mini switche that opens and closes like a ds. They push as the more portable single player alternative. I'd buy that.

A DS like switch maybe could work.
If you can use the lid design to get more surface area, you probably can fit a bigger batter on the system.
Basically you use it as an excuse to make a thicc device, but overally smaller in width and depth.

technologyreview.com/s/602245/why-we-still-dont-have-better-batteries/amp/

Fuck off googleposter.

this, make it a thin rigid flap that doubles as a fully adjustable kickstand.

>wanting a lid
No thanks

Just buy a 3rd party cover like literally any person who owns a tablet

>Switch mini
>no joycons
>built in controls
>size is same as switch minus the joycons on the side
>slightly smaller screen with buttons in the side bezels
>basically looks like the bottom half of a DS
>no TV mode, unnecessary components removed
>$100 cheaper than home version

This sounds like ass and works probably have worse overall performance

It's not a lid, its the place where the screen and (bigger) battery goes.

like this basically

"In 2014, independent researchers from Canada announced a battery management system that increased cycles four-fold"

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Research_in_lithium-ion_batteries

The cost will continue to go down on batteries as well. The bevels are going away, sorry faggots.

Cycles, not power.
This means it takes four times longer to go to the trash and/or blow on your face.

>sorry faggots
You're acting like people want battery to be shit. Instead, people just want you to realize you're fucking delusional if you think battery tech will advance enough for the Switch to reduce in size by 30% and maintain the exact same battery life based on lithium ion batteries in just a couple years.

>confusing battery lifetime with battery storage

As if it wasn't too small already. Retard.

>Post bullshit
>People call you on your bullshit
>Know nothing on the subject
>Desperately start searching wikipedia for something to justify your claims

You are genuinely hilarious, please continue.

Even if its the real deal, it's not going to end up in anything Switch related outside of a successor. Companies will want to see extensive real world testing before they commit to it, especially a company like Nintendo.

No this isn't a fucking phone, the size of controllers actually matters

>Making the joycons even smaller
Are you insane?

They let samsung try it first.

Kek

What if
we made it bigger

It'd still have a 720p screen, so the pixels would be enormous. Maybe it's fine for old people, but I'd rather not.

stfu gladiator trinitron, your tripfag sounds like a fucking autobot

>playing it as a handheld
fucking normie

Man I can't wait for the edges of phone screens to be no-touch areas to prevent accidental input from a general grip.

I'll take my bezel.

>Smaller Joy-Cons

Fuck you straight to hell.

I can feel the hand cramps looking at this.

what about now

>medium settings
It is max settings on the switch.
t.tech illiterate

Battery tech isn't comparable to computing tech because you can't make it smaller. It is chemistry.

He's talking about the screen brightness setting.

thicc

>lifetime
O IM LAFFIN

I want a 10" screen but I want the console to be smaller I want it to last 10 hours but I want it to be smaller too and also I want it to have a 1080ti but I also want it to be cheaper like 150$ maybe seems fair right lmao?

>If this is indeed implying that you can't make a borderless screen, it's one of the dumbest things I've ever read in my entire life.
>Purchase a smaller battery perhaps you shit eating retard

You can easily make borderless screen but that won't matter as you wouldn't be able to pack all of the components in smaller case. Of course Nintendo could spend a lot of money and effort to redesign all of the circuit boards to fit there, then reduce the battery size (and capacity) but ultimately it would still be pointless - you'd get shittier airflow if the switch was packed "denser" (the airflow isn't even that great in the current model), shittier battery life (what's the point of having Switch Mini if you have to always have external powerbank to play for longer than an hour?) and unit that is more prone to failure.