People born after 1998 are STILL trying to argue Ocarina of Time is not the greatest video game of all time

>People born after 1998 are STILL trying to argue Ocarina of Time is not the greatest video game of all time
Give it up faggots. It's over. Ocarina of Time will NEVER be displaced as the best game of all time. Ever. No game created these days has the amount of love and craftsmanship put into it than Ocarina of Time did. So keep chugging down your Call of Duties and Warcrafts you sad faggots. Ocarina will be sitting on the throne forever.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8RDWfZj6VjA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

unironically this

it's ok

Dark Souls 2 is better. At least it has replay value.

It's a great game. It's just not a great Zelda game.

I've played through Ocarina every single year since it was released. Dark Souls is so boring.

BOTW is better

it is THE Zelda game, all others are just deviantArt tier fangames

Then you would have to agree that master quest is better

>Fags born after 1995 are still claiming Ocarina of Time is the best when A link to the past exist which is the real greatest of all time.

Why? Master Quest is just mirrored OoT with a few changes.

Enjoying your first Zelda game? Keep at it user, try Ocarina next!

See the thing is symphony of the night consistently takes the top spot in all time best games lists.

Don't propagate lies just because all you had was an n64.

I was born in in '85. LTTP was very good but OoT gets the points for making the jump to 3D near perfectly when the 3D adventure formula was still being worked out. Had a better story and more memorable characters too.

Yeah and it doesn't play like easy peasy shit either, it's more interesting, therefore, the best, standard oot is below it.

>80's kids consider A Link to the past as the best Game of all time
>90's kids consider Ocarina of time as the best Game of all time
>00's kids consider Breath of the Wild as the best Game of all time

How can other companies/games even compete?

this

Since they don't make 2D Zeldas anymore, OoT is the standard other games in the genre get compared to.

I love BotW, but it didn't have the same impact on me as OoT back then.

I love Ocarina of Time but "the best game of all time" does not exist, just like there is no "best book of all time" or "best film of all time".

>See the thing is symphony of the night consistently takes the top spot in all time best games lists.
What?

>very good
don't humor him. LTTP was just a game, nothing special about it at all

by making games for chad

Super Mario Kart? Really?

Nah it was one of the best SNES games, I'll pay that. But it was still limited by the fact it was 2D which made the dungeon design a lot more basic than the 3D ones in OoT and after, the verticality of places like Fire Temple blew anything in LTTP out of the water.

They completely destroyed the "adventure formula" of the series with OoT, though. Everything is spoiled and spoonfed. The world isn't interesting to explore and you do the temples in a right order (first playthrough).

Put everything in muh grafix and play storyline bingo with darts.

With enough luck you get games like Horizon out of it, which are very good but still can't compare.

Kys shit taste millennial, ALTTP is far superior. OoT is unironically worse than Dark Souls 2. I don't really care if you played a N64 when you were age 6.

See

Every Zelda after 1 was a letdown. Suck a dick, newfag.

>People born after 1908 are STILL trying to argue the model T is not the greatest car of all time

This.
OOT will be remembered as one of the most important video game ever made, just like Citizen Kane is to cinema or Hamlet to litterature and theatre.

That being said, I think the Zelda franchise is, with Mario, the most important to its medium.

>It's old therefore something must have surpassed it!
Most of the works of art that are considered the pinnacle of their medium are decades if not hundreds of years old user.

>it was still limited by the fact it was 2D which made the dungeon design a lot more basic than the 3D ones in OoT

The puzzles in ALttP are far harder than in OoT.

>the verticality of places like Fire Temple blew anything in LTTP out of the water

That is the worst temple in the game.

There is only one 10/10 game in existence and while OOT is a very good game, it's not quite pic related.

I prefer Majoras Mask.

The dungeons are boring, the enemies are all boring save for the ones that wield a sword, the story is really melodramatic and gay, the cutscenes are unskippable, the score sounds childish. It's a shit game OP.

>The puzzles in ALttP are far harder than in OoT.
Nah, they weren't, but even if they were it wouldn't matter because difficulty is not really a factor in how good a game is anyway. The dungeon design in OoT is better, not for any fault in LTTP but just because they had the luxury of utilizing the 3rd dimension.

>tfw I bought this when it came out and immediately understood I was playing the most important game ever made

This is a thread about Ocarina of Time not Final Fantasy 7

>empty fields and shitty designed dungeons that underworld did better: the waaaagh and Spider Hunter simulator

Even endless draugr seems like a better design design, really.

no this is the greatest of all time

I really want to put Super Mario 64 as a 10/10 but that camera just isn't good enough and Mario such a large turning circle while moving even slightly make it like a 9/10 for me. In the context of the time I guess it's a 10/10.

The Zeldas are great games and Ocarina is my favorite too. But I just don't understand this mentality. They are not even in the competition of "best games", and I have no idea why they could be. It's not like Zeldas have some mature heart wrenching stories or ways of furthering the video game medium as a whole. They're are "just" great video games and you play them for the fun and the excitement. Nothing else. They are very childish games all in all.

Play the original Crash Bandicoot to understand what Mario 64 did. It showed how to do 3D right.

>OoT
>Tetris
>Chrono Trigger
>Street Fighter II
>GoldenEye
>Half-Life 2
>Super Mario Kart

That just tells how much of a joke this kind of lists are.

It's a great game, no lie. But it's just not a good RE game.

Those other art forms were not limited by technology.

youtube.com/watch?v=8RDWfZj6VjA

OoT is sinfully ugly 1st gen 3D and extremely overrated

>implying there are games made for actual adults
Lol

I have, that's why I said it's a 10/10 in terms of its context.

You know what I really love about this game?
The fact that every stage don't really make sense as environments. And yet they perfectly work and seem coherent once you play them.
This is literally pure gamedesign. Every stage is a puzzle to solve.

Too bad they abandonned this formula with Mario Sunshine and other Mario games.

t. Buttblasted millennial born after 2000

Sorry you missed the golden age of gaming bud. Don't take it out on us because soulless garbage pumped out en masse by companies pandering to the lowest common denominator is all you have left.

Fuck off nintendobabby did your game win an award for standing the test of time? No I don't think so

SM64 is a 10/10, no doubt. It's just not a good Mario game, when you think about it.

Weird. I can't see Skyrim on this list.

That is another level of projection.

Chrono Cross was better

>thinking Wikipedia is a credible source
nice one nintendobabby

This. If you pit any Zelda against games like Silent Hill 2 (attention to detail, emotional story, psychological shenanigans), Metal Gear Solid series (thematic brilliance, meticulous design, bold and risky ideas and emotional, personal stories) or a newer game like Nier Automata (unique mix of genres, original storytelling and actual philosophical meaning and great use of the video game medium), it's just almost impossible to think the Zelda games would hold up to ANYONE. Maybe if stories and originality is not what you look for in games, then I can understand. But thinking about the 150h I had with Breath of the Wild and the 50h I had with Nier Automata, Nier wins by a million miles. There's no contest at all. There's a huge difference between a fun, well designed game and a gut wrenching masterpiece full of emotions.

>or a newer game like Nier Automata
Please don't mention that trash like it belongs with any of the other games you listed

posting the superior zelda game

Just started replaying this on PSNow, and the game play is still top tier but shit the audio is rough.

Well, it really does. The only one who Yoko Taro can even be compared to in the video game industry is Hideo Kojima.

Metroid Prime is a decent game. It's just not a proper Metroid game, if you're honest.

>the greatest video game of all time
It's not, at least not anymore, but let's not forget that it was a big milestone in the evolution of video games

>how can they compete with a company that makes a significant game once a decade

>It's just not a proper Metroid game, if you're honest.
But that's not an argument

It was never even the best Zelda, let alone the best game of all time.

Maybe it isn't for brainlets. *shrugs*

i never understand why tetris is considered "the best game". Especially the original, which is ridiculously barebones and mindless.

>like Zeldas have some mature heart wrenching stories or ways of furthering the video game medium as a whole. They're are "just" great video games and you play them for the fun and the excitement. Nothing else. They are very childish games all in all.

You said it yourself, games are games, not movies or books, You play a game to have fun not to see a story. Which is why Nintendo is still loved to this day because they actually focus on making good games unlike the other companies who only make interactive movies.

Tetris feels like one of those family pictures you get at the mall, It's clean, perfect and done well, but it isn't very creative or special.

It's a good engaging puzzle game that is still played to this day?

WW is better

Oh yeah? Then why is it #1 in countless of "Best video games of all time" lists? No, your Panty Quest MK VII game won't ever even be on any of those lists, user.

eh reh
eh reh
eh reh
eh reh

eh reh

doo doo doo doo

eh reh

doo doo doo doo

It doesn't really matter what you think. OoT being the greatest game ever is a long established objective fact, just like the fact that Allah is our one true God, and Muhammad our ultimate prophet.

If you call that statement of opinion, you'll only look very silly, like saying BotW is a good game.

it's a mindless distraction of a game that has no real value, to say it's at the top of the medium is nonsense and would be looking at video games from a very shallow view.

I can kind of understand that but still it feels like a set back. Like Tetris and Pong are the bare minimum of what a games is: just fun shit you do on your own. The "cinematic" "interactive movies" and that type of games have the possibility of being a) a great game b) a great story. If you strip away the great story, you will also strip away a lot of the emotional investment and that makes the game also worse. Why should anyone aim for that? When you say a company "only makes interactive movies", it sounds exactly the same to me as saying "Nintendo is making short poems and other companies are only making full length novels and that's why Nintendo is great and the others suck".

ALttP has always been better, those lists are shit made by people blinded by nostalgia that makes them think OoT was the second coming of Christ.
Also OoT has been out done multiple times, MC is better, TP is better, and BotW is better too.

It's one of the most popular video games of all time because it's fun. That's the only point that is relevant.

B-but it's too videogamey for my superior tastes.

your a retard user. see those numbers in brackets? Those are all separate sources dumbass.

Tetris takes genuine skill to excel in the later stages. It's one of those games that are all about the challenge and no other bullshit.

tell us how it feels when he pulls out user.

You do realize Wikipedia is written by the top scholars all over the world? And even employees of Google and Apple, who are among the top in IQ level.

>people born before 1998 still refusing to move past their childhood nostalgia bcause theyre current lives are so sad

I feel empty. I wish for him to at least once just stay inside of me fill me with his warmth. But he just subverts the expectations all the time and the hot load will spread all over me in a different kind of satisfaction.

...unlike any Nintendo game ever made, where what you think you get is ALL you're going to get.

Man, this is the ultimate bait. It's depressing to think that some people actually believe that.

Lists like convinced me that most of the people writing about games and making shitty "top x" lists barely even play games. If they do it's always the most accessible/entry-level shit imaginable that makes the list.

I'm playing Zelda games for the first time, and:
ALTTP is one of the best game I've ever played.
ALBW is almost as good
OoT (3d) feels too old for me, just got the master sword and I'm not getting involved. Should I go on?

you will like more BotW and Majoras.

I have a feeling that you'd be happier reading a book than playing a game.

>the most accessible/entry-level shit
Huh, wonder why those win popularity polls

lmao

I was born in 94, tried this game as a kid but thought it was shit compared to Pokemans.

That's not really how it works. It's:

70s babies/80s kids
80s babies/90s kids
00s babies/10s kids

I think he meant the useful stuff, not the pop culture crap.

And 90s babies/00s kids of course. Wind Waker is probably their first Zelda.

Mayoras Mask is better tho.

Faggots

>People born before 1998 are STILL trying to argue Ocarina of Time is the greatest video game of all time
Give it up faggots. It's over. Ocarina of Time will NEVER be the best game of all time. Ever.
It's time to move on.
Get up and take a walk in the outside world. See everything from a different perspective rather than the little window in your parents house basement.

It's IMPOSSIBLE for a medium that's constantly evolving to have a game that will never be surpassed. Yeah, it can be a big hit that marks a before and an after in the industry, but dude. Take off your nostalgia googles.
There're new games. Great games. And you won't enjoy them because you keep autistically comparing them to a 20 year old game.

lmao