Is this the Golden Sun of ps2 games?

Is this the Golden Sun of ps2 games?

depends on what you think a Golden Sun is

>ps2

it was on ps1 nerd

The Bravely Default of the GBA

let me guess, "overrated","babys first...","too much text" ? kys___________________________

The 2001 of videogames

Poor exposition.
Pretentious Christian imagery.
slooooooooow text.

Nice projecting though.

>too much text
But the text heavy disk 2 was the only good part of the game. The first disk was full of plattforming sequences and repeated battles against the same three random encounters per area.

Don't you make fun of Tower of Babel!

Overrated shit?

I think that's a little harsh to accuse Xenoblade of

>little harsh
How so
>blade
Gears*

Pretentious Christian imagery ?
Unlike Evangelion the imagery here was on fucking point, the entire game was about GOD and religion and the MC being literally ABEL, etc. etc. The imagery actually mattered.

>Unlike Evangelion
Naming another thing from pop culture doesn't affect the usage of christian imagery in Xenogears which was also pretentious.
>the imagery actually mattered
Doesn't mean it's not pretentious.

PS1 OP.

Gameplay is terrible, story is legendary.

Golden Sun never takes itself seriously.

>Ps2

Nocturne and DQ8 literally fall into the first 2 categories. you can't even try to say something bad about them because PS2 babies will jump on your neck.

Religious themes are pretentious?! Okay so that's about 90 percent of art then lol. Someone page Michelangelo.

>X is pretentious
No but X was pretentious in Xenogears
Now fuck off. If you can't even represent my point right I doubt you can make a case for Xenogears
>but the other 90%
Yeah that doesn't really mean anything to me.

No that's Legend of Dragoon. Xenogears is the Metal Gear Solid of JRPGs.

While never having played MGS, I thought MGS was at least good

Is this worth playing knowing that the game is not "complete"? Maybe i'm mistaken.

It is not worth playing regardless but if you enjoy a poorly written story for the sake of poking fun at its flaws it can be fun with friends to watch a playthrough of it

You have no point user. Calling something pretentious is an opinion. And I'm not going to make a case for Xenogears. You can like it or not, no skin off my back.

The gameplay is, at the very least. The writing is often way too up its own ass, which wouldn't be so bad if it didn't borrow so many of its themes and ideas from other sources.

So yeah, just like Xenogears.

>Calling something pretentious is an opinion
I bet you also watch Miyazaki movies

I thought MGS, in all of its forms (especially 2) was so far up its ass there was no hope of recovery.

Xenogears was pretty loopy, but at least in that game I'm not subjected to a half-hour autobiography from a woman who has been LUNG SHOT. Or forced to play ~80% of the game as a character no one wanted. Or forced to drag a girl around because Otacon was too busy fucking his stepmom to notice his sister was drowning.

This is fanfiction-tier shit.

That sounds interesting. Unless it has Xenogears tier exposition I doubt it can be considered as bad as it. Do you have random people in MGS go through your whole amnesic lifestory for you before greetings?

Look at all these Lambs trying to generate intellectual discourse.

>MC being literally ABEL

do you even realize how childish you sound like?

Funny because there's literally an Abel and Cain in the game.