How will CD Projekt Red manage to top Blood & Wine, their finest work?

How will CD Projekt Red manage to top Blood & Wine, their finest work?

>youtube.com/watch?v=Ih27CmFgTPc

Maybe cp77 wont top it, they have to prio giving players 100h of content and the true quality comes a year later as an expansion pack.

>that boss fight

my fucking DICK

While B&W was great, HoS was a little bit better. Plus CP2077 will most likely be quite different from the Witcher series, so it would apples to oranges.

>the witcher 1 is released
>PC mustard race loses their mind
>it's aged terribly
>the witcher 2 is released
>PC mustard race loses their mind again
>it's aged poorly
>the witcher 3 is released
>PC mustard race loses their mind once again
So will it too age poorly?

Both he and Olgierd made up for Eredin a thousand fold.

Great fucking boss fights.

>their finest work

B&W is their worst work

No.

Not even fucking close.

Witcher 1 and 2 still look great, witcher 1 is like a decade old and witcher 2 looks better than many current gen games

I don't think Witcher 2 aged poorly, played it before I played 3 and it was alright.

More like playing witcher games makes other games age poorly.
Deus ex HR is unplayable since the faces and animations are so bad compared to w3.

>graphics

Shouldn't have expected Witcherfags to care about gameplay.

Imo Hearts of stone was better, but the final boss of Blood and wine is 100% kino.

How hard is it for you to have a normal conversation?
Next you'll be posting skyrim metacritic scores.

Dude I'm just hoping Cyberpunk is a good as the Witcher games

This is the only game I wish I could forget about completely and replay with new eyes.
Masterful storytelling and cinematography in an industry that is devoid of either at even a decent level.

So many great scenes.
Confronting Olgierd for the first time, Detlaff's appearance at Oriana's party, the callback to O'Dimm in Toussaint. Base game had loads of great moments too, but largely outshone by the DLCs.

Neither 1 nor 2 has aged poorly, at least not relatively speaking.

People who say TW1 or TW2 has aged poorly normally haven't played very many older games to begin with. TW1 has aged better than KOTOR, Deus Ex, SS2 and the rest.

>TW1 has aged better than Deus Ex, SS2 and the rest.

>the callback to O'Dimm in Toussaint
what
how did i miss this

It has. The only 'problem' TW1 has are the graphics. Everything else is on par.

You remember the Spoon Wight don't you?

>Everything else is on par.

backpedaling already

Yeah?

..oh
oh holy fuck i'm dense

If you break the curse, Geralt recounts her story and Gaunter's theme plays in the background.

How is that backpedaling? On par means up to standard.

>the witcher 1's gameplay
>up to standard

the delusion is strong in this one

wat ? the gameplay is great. if you are too much of a retardo to play it ,that is just like your problem.

Have you played any of the other games I've listed?
Gameplay all worse than TW1.

TW1's gameplay is simplistic, but not otherwise bad.

Blood and Wine was pretty crappy compared to Hearts of Stone

>deus ex, ss2
>gameplay all worse than TW1

I'd also like to add, that RE:make has even worse gameplay than TW1 yet no one says anything.

It's a third person game with guns where you can't even aim your gun. Headshots are RNG. Guns are discouraged to be used at all in favour of a knife (which you also cannot aim) or running past zombies.

Crappy is pushing it, it's fun in its own way.

best boss fight in the game is the first one in hearts of stone.

The only problem I had with B&W was at the end when autismo vampire says they had 3 days to give him the queen's sister (forgot her name) and istead of giving the player 3 in-game days to do it they jump 3 days straight into the future.

Let's see, my choice is to go non-lethal and having to rely stealthing in a game not designed for stealth, rely on a tranquilizer crossbow that is in fact not a stealth weapon because enemies hit by the tranq dart run around for 10 seconds after being shot alerting every other enemy in the vicinity (that's assuming the shot is landed in the first place, unlikely in the first half of the game since you have to actually put points into guns in order not to miss point blank shots because you flail your arms and crosshair like a retard even though you're a neural net cybernetic organism, a learning computer) and so basically you have to rely on a stun baton for the first 50% of the game which you will never use anyway because it only holds 3 charges. Or I go lethal for a completely subpar first person shooting experience. No, fuck you get fucked.

Yeah you can tell the ending was rushed(again).

>mfw i'll never play it because base game is too boring

This.
I wish they didn't pander to normies and made the progression like the first two games and didn't pad it with hidden treasure and sunken treasure and guarded treasure.

>choose steel weapon for human enemy
>choose silver weapon for monster enemy
>press the action button over and over
>win

this is great gameplay according to witcherfags

>While B&W was great, HoS was a little bit better.

I think that was the case because CDPR is still far more comfortable with smaller and focused experiences over full-fledged zones. It's no coincidence they didn't really make use of larger open zones in the game while individual storylines and quests were great. Sure, it's because they didn't really set out to to make a sandbox in the first place, but you can tell what their strengths are.

No one is making you do all that.

Witcher 1's graphics are astonishing when you remember it runs on this.

just spamming igni is both better and easier, then you don't have to think about what sword to use

If you want more of a challenge play on higher difficulty where you don't get the swing timing indicator then.

agreed

Surely you jest, their magnum opus is banana tiger.

play with FCR you stupid scrub

Witcher 1 has aged better than Oblivion and Witcher 2 has aged better than Skyrim

Those games didn't age. They have the exact same problems now as they did when they were released.

>he thinks that makes the gameplay in the witcher more difficult or better

>the story is over

It's still better than the other games that get a free pass for subpar gameplay. You may as well say any game is just push button to win.

The difference is that those other games work within in the confines of a roleplaying game. Their combat mechanics are subservent to and completely reliant on your character stats and build, which define combat aspects from your accuracy to your proficiency with certain weapons to your stealth capacity. As such, they work flawlessly. In addition, since you have so many options to work with, be it subterfuge to hacking to just plain shooting, the game isn't carried by the strength of just one element but by the freedom all these options offer to you.

The Witcher games on the other hand fail as they go for combat dominant gameplay, where all the RPG mechanics are subservent to the combat. The actual RPG mechanics hardly add anything more than a damage boost to your attacks and don't offer actual freedom of play. In terms of gameplay, all the games come down to is the simplest form of hack and slash that would look bad and simple even compared to Diablo, and dialogue hardly affected by the RPG mechanics. So the Witcher games have to be carried by the strength of these two elements, one which is barebones even for an action game and the other is dialogue, and sane witcherfans will agree that this is the compelling part of the games. The characters, the worlds, the stories, this is what people like about the witcher games, not the actual gameplay, which is just filler to give the illusion you are playing a game instead of a visual novel.