Why is Sup Forums the only board that gets butthurt over piracy?

Why is Sup Forums the only board that gets butthurt over piracy?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choice-supportive_bias
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because I want videogames to continue being released, specifically for PC.

>Why is [board about a specific subject] the only board that gets "butthurt" over [issue that affects the subject that board is about]?
Gee, I don't know.

Ironic shitposting and literal redittors confusing it for honest opinions.

Delusion and Buyer's remorse can do lots to the mind

>Video games are the only media being pirated
K E K

Because of actual mental conditioning accomplished by astroturfers.

Tell me about how dead physical copy of music is.

Sup Forums - pirate 100% of their shows with threads dedicated to nyaa, #news, etc.
Sup Forums - pirate 100% of their music, occassional private tracker autism
Sup Forums - pirate 100% of their shows, links to new releases and streams posted from time to time
Sup Forums - butthurt about piracy, tries to force the 'piracy is uncool' meme, also happens to be the only board on Sup Forums where actual honest to goodness viral marketers post

>only board on Sup Forums where actual honest to goodness viral marketers post
I lol'd. you musn't visit Sup Forums to often.

because this board is full of cucks from other websites

Oh right, they probaby get mobileshit all over the place, don't they?

Classcucks

it's been awhile since i've been to Sup Forums myself user, but the last time i was there...it was viral marketing, at its finest. from windows 10, to nvidia/amd to mobiles etc etc

Do normies even pirate vidya? Music and movies sure, but none of my normie friends ever pirate games

It kills the industry that people love.

Piracy has caused:
>Devs to take far less risks in bringing in new ideas/content
>Devs to only cater to "the wider, plebeian movie-watching audience"
>DRM out the ass
>Anti piracy measures out the ass (fuck you, PS Vita and all modern consoles)
>a reduction in people thinking the market is safe to produce for
>a bunch of entitled 3rd world shitlords

Pirates basically destroyed gaming.

I'd like to see data you base that on.

Or maybe it's just that they found out something that sells and they're not willing to change it for the risk of getting less money.

You know, milk something as long as it works.

The same could be said about movies, television shows, and music

Yet no one bitches about pirating those

>posting xkcd outside of LOL threads

its the only board where marketers and industry shills post

I don't get it, either. I mean I buy the games I like and want to support, of course, however pirating is a convenient way of finding out whether you like the game in the first place.

>don't mind me, just pirating this hat

>success

physical media is/will dying anyway and it should

people who care about carts and discs are the same hipsters who buy vinyl music

People are free to make their own decisions. If they feel like the game does not deserve their money I don't feel like I am in any position to tell them otherwise.
Personally, I buy all of my games because I enjoy collecting them.

i like having my gta:sa on ps2 disk with the FULL radio stations as well as uncut hot coffee.

children who don't care about losing something they purchase are groomed well, aren't they?

Wow if only there was some file format that let you digitally download a whole PS2 disk

It's one of the biggest boards so getting moralfags isn't unlikely, but in most cases I'm pretty sure it's just shitposting.

>disc drive breaks
>buy new console

kek

its boils down to children want their toys and adults put that shit in the cloud where it belongs

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choice-supportive_bias

Normalfags and buyers remorse. Sup Forums has been a bad board for years, but if you unironically visit it after the shitty GG fiasco, then you're guzzling down on a daily dose of shit.

Have you ever even spoken to a normie? They are all the biggest pirates you could ever imagine.

except that i have all my ps2 games from then, on disk, as well as backed up to to .iso and at the ready to emulate any time i want. the consoles i've purchased over the years are in working order because, they are and were adult owned and taken care of.

>adults put that shit in the cloud where it belongs
haha i lol'd again. and fapped to celebs, then and just had a go at a certain actor giving a blow job on a surf board. even saw a terrible looking naked colored female actor...

please put more on the cloud, its good for us ALL.

Sup Forums is full with normalfags and redditors. It's the central reason every other board has a consensus that Sup Forums is the worst board on Sup Forums.

true about Sup Forums but they all have sticks up there ass and aren't willing to share. same goes if you ask for a recommendation in Sup Forums. they are just trying to shew of newfags but they are still the biggest autists on the site easily.

Sup Forums is the worst memeing board and the literal stupidest but they are at least a little more welcoming. Sup Forums is the the best board when it comes to sharing shit.

Libraries have been around for a good time.

Sharing books.

Sharing media.

Sharing files.

They even loan out movies once in a while.

Then there was the movie industry.

They made film versions of popular stories that could be enjoyed at the library for free.

They gained rights over someone else's stories.

Without the courtesy of a reacharound, they actually convinced people that it was wrong to view thier material without paying

I know OP is trying to be ironic, but anyone that defends the industry over the consumer is a bent over slave.

File copying and sharing is NOT stealing. Let them think they have you convinced it is, and then they will realize they can get away with charging for some other service or something that used to be free. Like they already have with shit like psn and xbl.

Next it will be paid patch updates, even though some DLC is arguably that.

Video games will not cease to be on pc, just like books didn't disappear from being freely distributed in a library. Neither will pc games.

This must be as much reddit spacing as Sup Forums format allows.

>reddit spacing

The reddit boogeyman isn't here to get you user.

You don't need to make yourself look retarded anymore. It's okay.