*Blocks your path*

*Blocks your path*

*blocks yours*

>Trap Hole
:D

Why are people now posting cards from GX era? What happened to the bullshit pendulum monsters with infinite attack?

I haven't been following: Any more cards come out with best lizzy in them?

>Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set

Holy fuck, what the hell is this? What happened to Yugioh after the first series? These cards seem like anime-tiers of broken.

>gets flipped face down before it attacks

>Trap Hole against a monster that can't be normal summoned

It had a massive as fuck power creep. While most cards had at most a few lines of description, newer ones have Relinquished tier or more for their description and some have these weird stupid XYZ power things basically like Pokemon cards and shit.
Fuck the newer versions of Yugioh are retarded. Only good for waifu cards.

i haven't played yugioh in about 14 or so years, and i bet pic related is probably better than those retarded cards if it isn't banned yet

used to love make people absolutely RAGE when i used it

>Why are people now posting cards from GX era? What happened to the bullshit pendulum monsters with infinite attack?
Nostalgiafag detected
The card in the OP was literally released a week ago, and is part of a tier-1 deck that isn't reliant on the extra deck

Harpy Feather Duster was great.
Does that crow's effect mean it can indefinitely be put out and 100-0 someone if it can attack their LP that beginning turn?

Yata was banned because of "Chaos Dragon - Envoy of the End" or whatever because it was a straight up "You can't do anything I win after x turns" loop.
Yata's effect means that, yes, as long as your opponent has nothing to stop you, you normal summon him, poke for 100, end of the turn, return it to hand. Because your opponent took damage from Yata, they can't draw, if they couldn't stop you before, they likely can't now, your turn, rinse and repeat until surrender or ded.

Is it Tier-1 because of the stupid True King engine though? I picked up 3 structure decks because "Aw shit Dino support for Tyranno Infinity shenanigans" and "Holy shit those generic reprints are AMAZING"

Fuck that bird is some gay shit then. Cool looking though I must say.

Mmhm. Unfortunately, shenanigans led to him getting banned, and also likely to not come off unless they change the effect to some useless trash like "If this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent's Life Points, they skip their second Draw Phase" or instead of skipping a draw, it would be something useless like Main Phase 1.

i figured it was banned, even as a 13 or 14 year old way back then i knew it was mad broken as fuck. even without the chaos emperor dragon it was still deadly. i used to use a jinzo to clear the way for yata and then win. even if they had a monster in hand they'd usually play scared and stupid once they knew i had it in hand. unless they used hand destruction, in which case i got fucked.

are jinzos still limited to one per deck? that was another great card. man there were a ton of overpowered cards in those early sets....

At least it was banned for a legit reason. I'm still salty Rageki got banned even though it wasn't that big of a deal. Poof your monsters are gone, so what. Not like you don't have other shit to summon or counter because I know chucklefucks ALWAYS have a counter spell/trap card.

Raigeki is unbanned now. In TCG at least.

Still banned in OCG, but they have Harpy's Feather Duster while we don't.

woah are dinosaurs good now? shit i havent played yugioh since middle school and ive always liked dinosaurs. my fave card is black tyranno.

I'm more salty it got banned in the first place. It's basically Dark Hole if I only had trash monsters or nothing really out in the first place.

Dinosaurs are literally meta.

Nah, Jinzo's unlimited at 3 now, and he got some support some time ago where there's a higher Jinzo (The boss), a baby Jinzo that lets you search out a Jinzo monster iirc, and one that lets you Special Summon the original Jinzo if you check your opponent's Spells / Traps and they have a Jinzo among them. I wanted to build them because their names are treated as "Jinzo", and if you manage to special summon one of the smaller guys, you tag that up with Inferno Reckless Summon and just bring out 3 Jinzos from your deck for shenanigans.
Honestly, if Raigeki and Dark Hole are playable in TCG, then we should potentially get Heavy Storm / Harpie's Feather Duster back. It's literally the same thing except for spells and traps. And if it's such a problem that every deck and their mother would run them, they just need to add some sort of clauses to balance stuff out, since spells and traps are generally more pivotal to a victory than just monsters alone.

>Raigeki limited
>Stratos still forbidden
I'm not going back to yugioh until they make inzektor dragonfly/hornet unlimited,
shit is nowhere near as strong as any deck in the last 2 years but konami leaves it limited anyways, fuck that

I think he has a xyz form

Darkly Big Rabbi a best

That effect is totally bananas. It's a field wide every turn fusion of Book of Moon and Raigeki Break without the cost

I love dinos
>Is it Tier-1 because of the stupid True King engine though?
Sort of but the kings are just used to activate the dinos they still have broken ass XYZs even with links. Its the most popular and most powerful version of the true king deck right now
Hes on what was one of the most powerful trap cards last format and is still pretty fucking good. Dimensional Barrier

NAJE
NORMALS
GREAT
AGAIN

RELEASE ME KONAMI.

I remember years ago when I would win the weekly tourney near me because I just copied the world championship's deck and used it. My friends at first made fun of me because they thought that since it wasn't my deck, I wouldn't know how to use it. Instead, I won the weekly for five weeks straight, until the new banlist broke the deck. A typical turn with that deck was usually:
>free cyber dragon
>tribute for jinzo
>if facedown monster, nobleman it
>free direct attack normally
>laugh because I could have chaos sorcerer'd that turn and didn't

Was a fun malleable deck that could adjust to any situation. And it ran a dark world, so reaper decks would typically ruin themselves. But my cards got stolen by some nigger that I never saw again, so I gave up the game. Especially since its a endless money sink where the cards that help your deck the best usually get banned.

normie monsters players are the most obnoxious fags

>Sort of but the kings are just used to activate the dinos they still have broken ass XYZs even with links. Its the most popular and most powerful version of the true king deck right now

What makes the dinos really broken is how consistent they are. They not only have a Stratos, but those two baby dinos that special summon directly from the deck when they're destroyed. And the worst part is that the babies' effect isn't once per turn. Throw in the True Kings with their destroy effects and you get something horrifying.

Dinos also have a better RotA.

Fuck off, Stratos will never come back.

I'm glad. Dinos have always been an archtype that was just a handful of cards away from being broken as fuck thanks to its support and it finally got that. Let's just hope that Reptiles are next

*block your entire current yugioh meta game.

>FTKs intensifies

>Watch some guy blow over $1000 on Dragon Rulers on release day
>Every single cards gets fucking annihilated next banlist
Everytime I get the itch i'm always reminded how my staple cards got fucked every ban list.

>implying

OCG would like to have a word with you.

>blocks your path but leaves so someone else keeps blocking your path

to be fair, dragon rulers are a pretty big fucking deal and can't be compare to other flavor of the month decks.

most fotm decks will stay in power for like 2 banlist revisions on average.

*blocks your path*

Wasting money on a tier zero deck is retarded. Of course they're gonna ban the fuck out of it

Unless it's zoo of course

>OCG players have to play the game around ruler, heavy storm, and other insane shit that didn't see the light of day on TCG

TCG players are literally untermenschen

>buy into an obviously broken deck that will obviously get hit by the banlist
At least D-Rulers took like 3 banlists before they finally died, that guy probably got a solid 9 months if not more of topping events in.

Is that card art work with an actual background? Holy shit.

remember that time people bought boxes of the booster packs with some broken perfomapals that would make perfomapals high tier only to later ban those cards, break those decks and then release a structure deck of monarch at a cheap price just to fuck them more because they become viable for a while?

Glad that put scalpers in their place, at least for a while.

>playing in the beta test format.
>playing in the format that you can't play locals in

>playing in the safe space format because TCG players get triggered by board clears

I play TCG, my man. I'm just saying that it was mentioned that Stratos would never get unbanned, yet OCG took him right off. I know it's not the same for us Amerifags / TCG players and all, but he's still not banned EVERYWHERE.

Why is there different formats? Couldn't nips just do what burgers did to get Stratos banned?

KANEDAAAAAAAAAAA

those are some weird pendulum monsters

Fuck off.

>Stratos still forbidden
It hurts

I miss the descriptions vanilla monsters had

Sometimes they can, but KoA is retarded when it comes to taking things off the banlist.

The nips did do the shit burgers did that got Stratos banned. We lost out Stratos, but they didn't. Thank fuck too. The OCG had to play through 3 Shadow Mist 1 Stratos nonsense with most of our banned Rank4's still legal too. Yes, Stratos still isn't banned there even after that dumb deck, but they lost 2 Shadow Mist instead

>stalks your path

As much as I enjoyed the TCG I can't get back to playing it, there is a lot of money spending just to keep up with the meta and have the key spell/trap/monster cards that can go with any deck also why spending money on a deck which will later be fractured by the ban list?

Card games like this look like mobile tier shit.

I hate this cancer.

Play Rogue/Petdecks instead of meta cancer.

3x Structure Decks of the dinos are actually pretty good and cheap too.

What got Stratos banned? Back when I'd play with friends I'd use Ocean to keep using and reusing his effects

How's it cancer?

It triggers my autism because cards that doesn't look like IRL cards and normie friendly stuff like Hearthstone.

>burns all of your lifepoints before your first turn
Anyone who uses this can go fuck themselves

whats their gameplay about?

>if it isn't banned yet
user this card has been on the banlist for a decade.

I too enjoyed playing elementary math the card game :^)

Burning your Life Points, primarily. The field spell is essentially 200? or 400 every spell/trap you or both players activate. Then you pair that up with their trap card that, for no cost, lets you banish / remove from play your opponent's entire hand and let them redraw the same amount of cards. But, if you have nonsense that says your opponent can't draw cards outside of their initial draw, they get fucked out of their resources.

>go to buy that grandsoil deck I've always liked playing online like 4-5 years ago because prices should be cheap now that Links will absolutely kill any shot the deck has and e-tele has been reprinted and is limited
>total still comes up to around 100 bucks even after going for lowest rarities
Why?

Dealing damage every time the opponent draws a card. They just burn your LP by using some card which makes you discard your hand and draw the same number of cards.

there was a webm which shows a quick rundwon of this deck, it made the opponent discard and redraw to take damage and then take damage because of spell cards on field, it was too fast so I couldn't read the cards well

>mfw D/D/D

To start off remember that Stratos is not once per turn, can search just about any HERO like Shadow Mist or Bubbleman, is level 4, and the S/T destruction effect isn't half bad. Stratos adds a lot of consistency to the decks he's played in.

When we lost Stratos, popular decks that abused him were of course HEROs with BubbleBeat, FTKs like the DivineWind FTK, and Destiny Hero decks that relied on Malicious shenanigans. Though I mostly remember the first two at the time.
Airblade was the deck that got him limited a long time ago.

no one else in this thread may know what you're referencing user, but don't worry, I do.

Who here /gimmickpuppet/?

gonna pick these two decks up later today

How many numbers do we have out of 100?

Someone explain to me what the link monster rule set will change.

Because I currently hate the meta of spewing out nigh unkillable monsters in a single turn that can't be reacted to

How do you destroy a monster that's in your hand?

by tearing it up

*burn you to death*

>tfw HEROes is my favorite archetype
>tfw a solid 80% of their support is fucking garbage because it's too specific and a good 7 or 8 heroes aren't even fucking Warriors (who the fuck uses Clay Wrap or E.Hero Rose, and reminder that the usual Counter Trap that every Archetype has of "if monster of this archetype is out on the field then counter" require that fucking wingman be face up on the field)
>Dark Law makes them relevant for like a fucking week

I mean I was never any good at this game anyways. It was probably for the best that I quit when I did.

*blocks your trap cards*

Will never see play since stratos is forbidden and who the fuck wants to run avian

Also it targets so it's kinda bad shame cause he looks cool

Dark law still makes them relevant. There's been so many variation of that fucking deck and now there's one that gets out Dark Law and that fucking toad which is absolute ass to play against.

Link summoning just means Monarchs and kozmo will rule supreme again

Wow, it's like other cards exist, and those cards are needed in combination to have a functioning deck!

FIRE
KINGS

I can deal with monarchs and kozmo, since they offer you a more interactive game to play rather than FTK or OTK.

Is there a functional difference between "destroying a card from your hand" and discarding it to the graveyard?

Don't forget about Dinos and True Dracos. They're the top shit in the OCG Link format right now.

Yes. You DESTROY it. Thus, you trigger effects for when cards are DESTROYED over being sent / discarded.

>Playing arc-v tag force special
>literally lose twice in a row before I got to play a single card

8000 LP doesn't seem like a lot anymore.

>download devpro recently
>play against AI
>have to play exclusively Yugi to not get absolutely styled on.

Makes sense. I don't know how many "destroy" cards I've seen outside of the ones posted ITT, so I'm assuming either A)it's a newer thing or B)I just need to learn to read.

I feel like if either this or Summon Gate was made a standard rule about the time synchros came out this game would be a lot less special spam heavy now.