This game is just fucking pure shit

This game is just fucking pure shit.

>It comes out, I torrent it
>Super boring, drop it after less than 5 hours despite it being the only game in the last 3 years I've been hyped for

Fast forward to now:
>Sister gifts me it on steam randomly with all DLC including the newest one
>Decide to give it a shot
>It's still pretty boring
>90% of the game is just clicking Ok on popup boxes
>Various arbitrary stats like Influence

The best thing about the game is its incredible soundtrack, a few tracks of which bring me to near tears.

It comes closer than any game has to matching the feel of Alpha Centauri + Alien Crossfire, but falls short. It just feels empty somehow.

SMAC had such personality, voiced dialogue after completed research etc, you really did feel like you were crash landed on Planet.

In Stellaris, despite your customizing your own race it all feels just too robotic.

You have bad taste but a nice sister

Post photos of her ass then leave Sup Forums forever, thanks

Nice, would tap until i croaked

Someone want to give me some tips? I'm terrible at this game.

Alpha Centauri never approached Paradox levels of autism, sorry spergs.

literally just min/max everything, not that hard.

That depends on what you're failing at

It is if I have no idea how to do that

Nothing specifically. I just don't know anything about the game. Techs to focus on or building strategies or whatever. Just tips.

Current meta is all kinetics. I'm sure that'll change in a patch down the road, though, like how tachyon lances were OP but got nerfed when they changed them from L placements to X.

Fuck, I loved sticking a ton of tachyon lances on battleships and raping fallen empires to pieces.

>Colonize other planets slowly
>Use construction ships to build mining and research stations in every system under your control (right click the star from the overview map to automate all mining or research station buildings, hold shift to queue up multple orders)
>Build powerplants, mines and research labs on appropriate tiles with those bonuses
>Do not neglect military based research early game
>Slowly build up forces

Eventually on normal, the AI will take its time but eventually you will be attacked.

I've only played 1 save file since installing so I haven't really been "going" for anything, just going with the flow.

After I was attacked by an AI that used mainly lasers I redesigned my entire fleet to use 70% shields 30% armor and came back 30 years later and am smashing them with ease.

The game is horrible and the devs will continue to sell "content"DLC instead of addressing the numerous imbalances and inconveniences with the game.

I fucking destroyed a humongous stack of prethoryons with tachyon lances once.

Go full shields like a good little shielder.

Should I be building frontier outposts to snatch systems?

What traits are good to focus on for custom races?

Well the first thing to think about is what do you want to focus on, Stellaris is at its best when you RP
>Slaver, purger, scientific focus generally or specifically on one science, military, minerals, energy, habitability, robots/biologically perfect/psionic race, galactic wonder builders, federation ect

Then the rest of the game is just minmaxing to that build. There isnt a 'right' way to play, just the way that feels right to your playstyle.

For example I like making a race that specializes on building megastructures, so I designed my race like pic. It means I make the most Unity possible so I can rush through traditions and get megas early on.

But if you just want minor tips
>use frontier stations liberally to take up space, nebulas are very valuable as are generally clusters of stars, one of the traditions under expansion reduces the influence cost to 0.5 per frontier station so plan with that in mind
>dont take the closest planets, take the best planets within a reasonable distance. 20+ tiles are almost always good, take planets outside your border before ones inside
>spend your minerals early game carefully, focus on getting more minerals until you start getting negative power, then get more power
>drop a tradition on prosperity first, so you can get cheaper mining stations
>if you have lots of energy, you can get private colony ships under prosperity as well which only cost power and save you a lot of minerals
>expand quickly early game, you're in a race to claim space against the AI
>make sure you have at least 250 strength worth of corvettes before you get your first colony ship, pirates always spawn early game around this time
>dont spend minerals on research stuff early on
>split up your first three military ships and send them out to all the nearby stars, you might lose them to hostiles but its better to lose a corvette now than a science ship later, it also lets you know where to expand

Lol
While Frontier outposts are cool, the fact that they suck up 1 influence per month is fucking stupid and I've only ever had like 1 or 2 of them at any time else I'll have 0 influence the entire game and it's needed to keep your leaders up and running because they will die.

It is shit, it's boring and easy.

All hail the squidmouth peoples

>While Frontier outposts are cool, the fact that they suck up 1 influence per month is fucking stupid and I've only ever had like 1 or 2 of them at any time else I'll have 0 influence the entire game

>+4 influence from upgraded capital building
>Up to +10 from happy factions
>0.5 Influence for each frontier with the tradition
>Not to mention free influence from election promises and events

I always have about 6 to 8 frontier stations early game to ensure I hold as much space as possible. You can always destroy a frontier station later, you cant claim space easily later.

Fuck the Unbidden

Well thanks for the tips, I didn't know that. It makes smelling my own farts at this very moment that much more satisfying. MMMM.

Whoa there, that hostility is a bit unbidden

Alpha Unbidden got your beta ass down?

Are psionics worth being a spiritualist?

I wish this game had Starsector's combat, or Starsector had this game's empire management.

That's basically Star Control 1

Not particularly. But if you are a spiritualist there is no reason not to be psionic.

user I played Star Control 1 when I was fucking 8, it's not.

>user got tricked into playing a grand strategy game under the guise of a cool space game

They're easy if you know what you're doing. Just load up a fleet with cruisers and corvettes to soak fire and then make as many Kinetic Artillery/Plasma destroyers as you can afford and then some. They murder the fuck out of them because they do great damage and have no problems hitting evasive little fuckers like corvettes or fleets crewed by Unbidden +15% evasion admirals.

The real problem is if some fucking retard gets jump drives early and drives the time table for them down so they end up showing up before you're prepared for them, or if they show up in a nation with closed borders that you can't declare war on at the time.

I ended up getting a game where neighboring empires researched Sentient AI and jump drive tech. A few years after I discovered this the Unbidden arrived. I quit the game after that.

Yeah, no point in even trying if you get ambushed by them because the AI acts like a fucking handicap when it comes to the crises and will ignore it or send 1 ship in at a time.

>first game
>found a Halo in my space
>After blowing up its Ramael guns, the Unbidden show up in the middle of my empire

Fucking xenos sticking their crooked dick-equivalents into the warp

The game feels dead, plain and simple

>user got tricked into playing a grand strategy game under the guise of a cool space game
>But he gets double tricked when he realizes it's actualy a 4X game instead

>The best thing about the game is its incredible soundtrack
It's very uninspired if you've heard the music in other Paradox titles.

I think it's fun except the combat is just retarded. You would think after playing a few games you would be able to pick up what weapons do well against what, and what your fleet comp should look like, and everything else. But instead the game gives you absolutely no meaningful feedback so you just have to keep guessing or google the meta.

If they release a combat overhaul that simplifies it and actually gives meaningful feedback, I'll buy the DLC and play again.

Are there any decent grand strategy games on mobile? An emulator is fine too.

Stellaris is shit but I want to fuck your sister, user

Spiritualists shit makes the least sense out of all of them
>cant touch Tomb worlds without pissing them off because "muh respecting the dead"
>fuck holy worlds as well, but luckily they are not very common
>can fuck over the whole galaxy if they wanted to
>Only ones who can get access to psionics for some ass retarded reason while no other Ethic has their own unique ascension path
>fuckers are always on an even higher high horse than fallen and even awakened empires

>you're still on your first leader
>become a synth species
Man that would suck being his heir. Sitting there waiting your turn for 165 years only to live to see him become an immortal machine that will never die.

How do I learn to play this

Don't. Play something better like Aurora.

why is stellaris bad?

bcuz you're mom

Not really. The high end benefit of Psionics is that you can call upon the Shroud to receive a an empire wide or curse every few years.

>having bad taste

Id play stellaris more if i wasnt constantly being asked by friends to play games with them. Stop being gay, OP.