Why are you not supporting RPCS3 on patreon yet ?

Why are you not supporting RPCS3 on patreon yet ?

patreon.com/Nekotekina

youtube.com/watch?v=pZOB23JeIek

Other urls found in this thread:

rpcs3.net/compatibility?s=1
youtube.com/watch?v=c7Oq5O7uX0E
youtube.com/watch?v=PI7nRkq9CEo
youtube.com/watch?v=_6f7FyAndrY
patreon.com/LukeUsher
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because youre a faggot

CEMU was a fucking mistake. This kind of moneygrubbing shit is going to kill emulation dead and undo all the fucking progress towards convincing the powers that be that the benefits of emulation outweigh its costs.

because it can fuck off. i waited for this for YEARS and not a single person gave a shit about creating an emulator, then suddenly 4 months after i finally buy a used ps3 they decide to pick up the slack

Maybe those numbnuts should have picked a catchier name. Fucking learn marketing

>Dude have you heard of the new rpsc0003948849 emulator? xD

This one is open source though, the moneys goes to lead dev cause he works 24/7 on it

>He doesn't know about PCSX2
Hmmm...

are they making 40,000 dollars per month?

Because I already own a pstriple

Oh poor fucking you, for becoming responsible

PCSX2 was pretty much done already before the Patreon shit became a thing.

Are you retarded?

Because unlike Cemu rpcs3 is shit and has nothing worthwile fully playable. If you want the patreon bucks OP you have to get shit playable.

I'll probably throw them a one time $15 donation at some point as thanks for working on the emulator. Excited to see where this might be by the end of the year

The only retard here is you bringing up a non related emulator in a discussion about how the OP related topic has a shit name compared to cemu.

Then you proceed to be a complete mongoloid with the dumbest reply I've seen today.

what are you talking about ? 145 fully playable titles rpcs3.net/compatibility?s=1

holy shit you're dumb
kek

>nothing worthwile fully playable
youtube.com/watch?v=c7Oq5O7uX0E

because i have a cfw ps3 and that's enough
>but muh 60fps 4k

all memes.

>sub 720p sub 30fps is good enough
dumb peasant.

memes and buzzwords.

dont worry i gave 0 cents to sony because its twice used and i put cfw on it instantly and never bought a single game for it
so fuck off with your "waah pirates are scum" shit

(You)

>not owning 3 PStriple
>not owning 4 PSquadruple

because autists can fund it for me

thanks for the w.

>Patreon

Lol

Also that emulator is probably years away from being usable, if it ever actually gets done

>Why are you not supporting RPCS3 on patreon yet ?
Because there isn't really anything on the PS3 worth emulating at this point now that Dragon's Dogma is already on PC, and Vanquish is coming soon.

I was kinda hoping for PS3 emulation to play them again with tolerable framerates rather than the literal 10 FPS problems they both had but now I don't have to.

So I guess the answer is they're too late.

Still sounds better than PPSSPP.

>its gonna kill emulation

>got no-wiiu emulation to full wiiu emulation in 2 months.

>Paying money for piracy
This seems a bit counter-intuitive.

>rpcs3.net/compatibility?s=1
>145 fully playable games
>not a single game in that list anyone wants
Exactly nothing worthwhile and half of that list is fucking japanese games with no translation. Get big hitters like P5 or Demon Souls or something and money will come.

This, if I wanted to waste money to play a couple of exclusive games I'd just buy the console

Just like CITRA, am I right?

It's getting there, you gotta support it

Not hyped for emulating the weebshit, but SotC remastered and Demon's Souls (which is already running decent) will be sick.

I mean I already own most of the PS3 games I would wanna play on RPCS3. I just would love the convenience and benefit of being able to play them at some point on my PC at stable framerates and better resolution

>Demon Souls
youtube.com/watch?v=PI7nRkq9CEo

How is that one doing? Last time I checked pretty much nothing was playable but progress was being made relatively fast. It would be pretty cool if it ended up being as toaster-friendly as PPSSPP.

He means they're gonna piss off Nintendo enough to send them to court. That Patreon Money is then spent on legal fees. Emulation then is sent to "questionable" territory. If they lose, it means that new interpretation of the legal code means a crack down on emulators. Even if they don't win, it could mean that companies now think it's worth it to harass and shut down projects.

Getting greedy means getting a little too noticeable. They're emulating not long forgotten games, but a Zelda game ON RELEASE.

>He means they're gonna piss off Nintendo enough to send them to court.
>Emulation then is sent to "questionable" territory.

But hardware emulation has already been deemed 100% legal in the court of law in burgerland

laws can change

The PS3 has no exclusives worth emulating. Why would I support a few menus and some graphic options for no reason?

Clean room reverse engineering is legal.

Emulators however just steal insider documents and dev kits which tell them how the system works. It's sloppy and pretty much no emulator is "properly" made.

Look at how careful the ReacOS project is. Constant code audits. Always making sure it's clean as hell. That's how these projects are "supposed" to be run. Can you name a single one taht does? They're just focused on playing the games.

Emulation has a really rocky foundation. Better to not let anyone look too closely at this shit.

SMTIV is around 20fps
EO4, EMD and EOU1 are 30fps almost constantly
FE Awakening has some issues with shaders or something, doesn't let you see the screen well unless you reduce speed by unchecking "enable shader JIT". With that turned off, it has 15fps in cutscenes/animations and around 20-25fps on the map without animations.
Fire Emblem Fates is 15-20fps in cutscenes/animations and 60fps on map like the pic you quoted.

Haven't tried any other games.

Depending on which emulator gets done first (PS3 or 360), the console exclusives that never came to PC last gen could be finally played on PC. Catherine and the original Nier for instance.

wait, are all the etrian games 100% functional on it now?

I managed to finish River city ransom sp (downtown nekketsu monogatari sp) at full speed on citra.

The emu is almosy perfect, the only thing left is serious optimization.

Nice. Definitely looks promising.

Dammit i meant to

>Hear P5 can be emulated
>decide to look into it
>buttery smooth 7 FPS
You assholes need to stop lying and only say it can be emulated when it actually works

Only those I tried, but yeah, seems like they are.

Finished 1st Stratum in Untold no problem.

>only say it can be emulated when it actually works [fullspeed]

But that's not what "can be emulated" means

It's 2017 and people still haven't completed every ps3 game worth playing

I know time it is now.

I know right? Why do these nerds use all those old NES, SNES, PS1 and N64 emulators too? Surely they would have played everything worth playing by now

According to compat list Untold1 is the only one that is functional, the rest barely boot, is that true? You said you played EO4 as well.

>Emulators however just steal insider documents and dev kits which tell them how the system works.
Good fucking look to any company trying to prove that. Until they do the law is on Emulation's side, and even in those cases single projects will get shut down, it wont reverse the current laws.

all I want is for the HD remasters on PS3 to be playable on PC: Shadow of the Colossus, God of War Collection, and MGS Collection

I have a PS3 CFWd and it doesn't have enough games I'd care about to have at higher quality - which is also seemingly beyond the possibility of this emulator.

I haven't got that far in that one, still on Lush Mudlands.

Not a single crash thus far though.

>They're emulating not long forgotten games, but a Zelda game ON RELEASE.
Same shit was true for Skyward Sword, infact that game ran better on Dolphin at release than BoTW runs on Cemu right now.

Why wasn't Dolphin ruining emulation for everyone?

Another idiot i see...

Theres NO PRECEDENT WHATSOEVER of any emulation project made with official documents.

All work is made based on the data acquired from previous systems of internals analyzing on the console via scanning or chip decapping.

Cemu didnt stole anything, stop believing and spreading bullshit just to diss a fucking emulation project.

Demographics (or just trying to be really fucking contrarian) has changed Sup Forums. There are a lot of people here now that shit on emulation, think piracy is the devil and love AAA games and hate independently made one. Sup Forums has become that which they used to hate

When will it be able to run Folklore?

>Theres NO PRECEDENT WHATSOEVER of any emulation project made with official documents.
>All work is made based on the data acquired from previous systems of internals analyzing on the console via scanning or chip decapping.

hahahahahaha

Do you really believe that?

How much decapping is actually being done in emu projects? Dr. Decapinator did it for some Arcade boards and the SNES. That's it. It's the exception rather than the rule.

Pretty much all emulation code is "dirty" as hell. None of this would fly in an actual business.

THIS

good thing it's not an actual business then, and it's just fanprojects.

Yeah, and these fan projects will see what happens when Nintendo sends their big time lawyers.

They'll get to see how the big boys play.

I'm pretty sure those PS1 emulators that Sony took to court which ended up winning were also being done the "wrong" way in how you see things

I hear this argument all the time. Tell me how that went with PPSSPP, zsnes, PCXS2, dolphin, -insert popular longtime emulator here-

Folklore is a game that really benefits from nostalgia's smoothing out all the rough edges. Any game with such a unique style does because you forget about all the stupid shit like the six axis mini-games.

only emulation I'll support is the original xbox
youtube.com/watch?v=_6f7FyAndrY
tragic

Interestingly enough the dude who's mainly working on it opened up a Patreon
patreon.com/LukeUsher

I actually thought the sixaxis soul stealing was kinda neat

>Interestingly enough

yeah man what a interesting coincidence

>Muh shilling paranoia

Fuck off faggot

They didn't even lose because of the code, learn your fucking history.

Very intere$ting indeed

Sony didn't take them to court over a single thing user, they had multiple claims made against them

I have a PS3.
By the time I have a PC that would be capable of emulating PS3 games, RPCS3 will be done.

Damn you got upset really fast, Luke.
I find that really interesting.

Nah, more that the 'everyone on Sup Forums is shilling' paranoia has ruined discussion on this board

I wasn't calling you a shill, I was being sarcastic in that its not interesting at all that another emudev wants to try and get 40k a month right now. But after that response you gave, you are definitely Luke usher.

Is this an epic new Sup Forums meme?

I didn't have it in me to learn to code, bored to me fucking tears

It's a underground Sup Forums meme from a few years ago that birthed Brap-posting.

You're welcome

Is Sup Forums the worst board on Sup Forums?

We create the most memes, so yes

Don't talk shit about Sup Forums we are meme masters

You would never have your kino without us

I can play Persona 5 already without glitches

>PCSX2 was pretty much done
>PCSX2
>done
dis guy

> Emulators have shown tremendous progress recently
> WHAAA! MONEY'S GOING TO KILL IT!

That literally the exact opposite of what's happening.

Google is pushing Fiber, in the next 5 years all game data is stored on servers like Diablo 3.
Wake up sheeple!